Bad
Good

Having comments that are nearly 10 years oldi ncluded here is a bit much. Cambridge in 2014 isa great school that is led by a new principal this school year. I volunteer there, and from what I can see, the kids love the school and there is a great sense of community. I went to the 5th grade graduation last year. It was a hoot. Great energy from the community in attendance. The kids were all dressed up. It was very impressive. I think the change of principal made sense. It seems like a very well-run school. I see smiles from the kids all over the place. I don't think that the API scores have been fair. Thank God that there will be none for at least a few years. It they come back, they should give points for biligual elements of this school, as being fluent in Spanish will give folks an advantage in the job market of California in the future. The way schools are rated/ranked has to be improved to include a more diverse set of factors, not just a number from a single test.

We just moved to concord from San Pablo, and I had gone to the orientation where my child would be going Montalvin Elementry and they were getting ready to adopt a different curriculum in which kindergarteners had to leave kindergarten reading. I asked the teacher here what curriculum they were using and if they too were on the page that kindergarteners would leave kindergarten writing and reading some words. She (Ms. winsby) just looked at me like "why are you asking". She answered my question by saying they they focus on reading and writing and sighed after our conversation, and left to welcome other students?!?I guess parents as this school (mostly latinos, hispanics, I am too by the way) just drop off their kids without questioning what their children are doing and learning at school. Thank God theres an overflow of students and my student will be transfered I just hope he gets a teacher that actualy cares, though I've heard that that doesn't exist anymore.

My son has been attending Cambridge for 3 years now and the sense of community and support from the teachers is commendable. My son has flourished here and the teachers have worked hard at making sure he is academically challenged. I also appreciate the way the parents and staff come together to create a memorable elementary experience through fall and end of the year fairs, educational field trips and engaging math and science nights.

Cutting edge teaching strategies and Professional Learning Communities are used to ensure that every student is provided a rich and thorough academic opportunity. Teachers are encouraged to attend conferences in Math Instruction through the ACCLAIM institute, Fred Jones Management and Explicit Direct Instruction. The classrooms are equipped with state of the art Promethean Board ( Interactive White Boards and Learning Tools) and every tool that that the teacher could use to instruct effectively and efficiently. The school also has a Vegetable Garden, Pre-Kindergarten, New Playground and Black Top Design, and partnerships with many sponsors including the Concord Rotary Club. After School CARES Program is also a feature of Cambridge Elementary, enabling the students to have a full selection of after school activities such as Hula Classes, art club, Homework Club and Guitar Classes. The CARES program also provides assistance with homework.

Last modified Cambridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.