Concord, CA

Posted April 20, 2014
Having comments that are nearly 10 years oldi ncluded here is a bit much. Cambridge in 2014 isa great school that is led by a new principal this school year. I volunteer there, and from what I can see, the kids love the school and there is a great sense of community. I went to the 5th grade graduation last year. It was a hoot. Great energy from the community in attendance. The kids were all dressed up. It was very impressive. I think the change of principal made sense. It seems like a very well-run school. I see smiles from the kids all over the place. I don't think that the API scores have been fair. Thank God that there will be none for at least a few years. It they come back, they should give points for biligual elements of this school, as being fluent in Spanish will give folks an advantage in the job market of California in the future. The way schools are rated/ranked has to be improved to include a more diverse set of factors, not just a number from a single test.

Cambridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
We just moved to concord from San Pablo, and I had gone to the orientation where my child would be going Montalvin Elementry and they were getting ready to adopt a different curriculum in which kindergarteners had to leave kindergarten reading. I asked the teacher here what curriculum they were using and if they too were on the page that kindergarteners would leave kindergarten writing and reading some words. She (Ms. winsby) just looked at me like "why are you asking". She answered my question by saying they they focus on reading and writing and sighed after our conversation, and left to welcome other students?!?I guess parents as this school (mostly latinos, hispanics, I am too by the way) just drop off their kids without questioning what their children are doing and learning at school. Thank God theres an overflow of students and my student will be transfered I just hope he gets a teacher that actualy cares, though I've heard that that doesn't exist anymore.

Posted October 01, 2012
My son has been attending Cambridge for 3 years now and the sense of community and support from the teachers is commendable. My son has flourished here and the teachers have worked hard at making sure he is academically challenged. I also appreciate the way the parents and staff come together to create a memorable elementary experience through fall and end of the year fairs, educational field trips and engaging math and science nights.

Posted August 18, 2010
Cutting edge teaching strategies and Professional Learning Communities are used to ensure that every student is provided a rich and thorough academic opportunity. Teachers are encouraged to attend conferences in Math Instruction through the ACCLAIM institute, Fred Jones Management and Explicit Direct Instruction. The classrooms are equipped with state of the art Promethean Board ( Interactive White Boards and Learning Tools) and every tool that that the teacher could use to instruct effectively and efficiently. The school also has a Vegetable Garden, Pre-Kindergarten, New Playground and Black Top Design, and partnerships with many sponsors including the Concord Rotary Club. After School CARES Program is also a feature of Cambridge Elementary, enabling the students to have a full selection of after school activities such as Hula Classes, art club, Homework Club and Guitar Classes. The CARES program also provides assistance with homework.

Posted April 05, 2008

Posted June 15, 2005

Posted May 06, 2005
Cambridge has the greatest staff, from Administration, teachers, and office staff to the students and parents.

Cambridge Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2005

Posted April 06, 2005
Cambridge is a great neighborhood school, reflecting the diverse ethnicity of the families in this area. The Principal and staff are excellent, caring, and hardworking. They have so many programs that are not offered in other schools, and they really care about the children.

Cambridge Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2005
Sorry to say that after having my son in Cambridge Elementary there is nothing good I can say about this school. My son was bullied for 3 years and I constantly told them I wanted something done about it. They did nothing! Parents, please dont send your children to this school, your kids deserve a much better and safer education as this school is in a very unsafe neighborhood.

Cambridge Elementary School
1135 Lacey Lane, Concord, CA  94520
Last modified Cambridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cambridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top