Posted September 19, 2014
This school is horrible. I would not recommend sending your child here. There are gangs, drug problems, and other things that are just horrible. The school is so easy, and has no challenge at all. I doubt any colleges would want you if you have a diploma from here.

Posted December 21, 2012
My daughter was picked on for being a "stupid white girl" at this school. She was an honor student, so not "stupid" and she couldn't very well stop being white! There are a few good teachers, but there are some that are terrible and play favorites. Very little parental involvement. Another review mentioned the leadership program. Well, my daughter was in leadership. It is true the kids there were nicer, but all in all, it was a horrible experience for her. She transferred after two years and was much happier. Many students at this school are racist. It was as bad as we had heard, but we didn't believe it until we found out for ourselves. Transfer if you can to avoid sending your kids this school. Our neighbors had it right. They moved to the Concord High area when their kids were in middle school.

Mt. Diablo High School 5

Posted September 06, 2012
I love Mount Diablo High and although my kids are slated to attend College Park in high school I plan on sending them to MDHS!

Posted October 09, 2010
The best location in Concord with the best caring staff anyone could ask for. I appreciate all their hard work that they give our children considering the lack of parents input and funds. Mt Diablo has a lot of great programs. Parents involvement is very important, so be a part of Mt and let your child shine.

Mt. Diablo High School 3

Posted August 09, 2010
I have been reading about all the bad things at Mount, and I must say that MOST of the students and staff are wonderful. A very visible minority has caused a lot of problems, but most days, one can go about the business of education without worrying about the negative elements. I am hopeful that the new year will bring more consistent enforcement of rules and even exclusion of those who would prefer to not be there. Given the demographic obstacles, this school has accomplished a lot, and I believe that it will continue to improve. Dr. LeBoeuf was a positive force, and she will be missed. I'm looking forward to meeting the new principal and staff, and starting the year on a positive note. Sure wish we had wealthy families who could donate for more library time, reading specialists, etc., but we do pretty well given our very limited resources.

Mt. Diablo High School 3

Posted June 28, 2010
Oh, it's not that bad! And this is coming from an antisocial nerd like myself. There's the right and wrong people to hang out with, and the wrong people don't want you to hang out with them if you don't want to. The academic programs are great, and a lot of the teachers do care. We have a leadership program, and it really helps kids get involved. For me, it was hard to get used to (I transferred from a real tight-knit christian private school), but it wasn't hard to find the right friends despite how shy I was, and my education is a lot better off because of it. (C'mon, if you keep talking about my school this way, I'll feel like my 4.0 means nothing here!)

Posted May 26, 2010
Not the school to go to if your child is fluent in English but needs special education instruction. As with a lot of schools in California, they are overrun by ESL students and it makes it impossible for the teachers to do their jobs and actually teach academics. Kids that go to this school are disrespectful, destructive and the school creates the environment that allows them interfere with the education of students who need more supervision.

Posted March 21, 2010
This school Is unsafe has drug problems and a horrible enviroment for education

Posted September 28, 2009
We are a very culterally diverse school with a multitude of talents which are celebrated through the gifts of our students.

Posted September 27, 2009
Mount Diablo High School has a great team of dedicated educators and administrators who give their all to teach in a very challenging environment.

Mt. Diablo High School
2455 Grant Street, Concord, CA  94520
Last modified Mt. Diablo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Diablo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top