Posted June 12, 2014
The staff and teachers at Woodside care about all students and it shows in the thoughtful things that they do. Many of the parents are also active here and volunteer and donate to the school. My child transferred to Woodside from another elementary school in Pleasant Hill and not only had a better experience socially/emotionally, but also exceeded all educational milestones set by both myself and his teacher. My child has developed a love of learning and reading while at Woodside and I believe that this school has helped to set a great foundation for him in life and academics. Words cannot express how grateful I am to the teachers and staff. As the saying goes "It takes a village to raise a child" and I am thankful that Woodside is a part of our village.

Posted July 15, 2013
Amazing school!! I can't say enough about this wonderful learning environment! The teachers are outstanding, the children are respectful and welcoming, and the parents are actively involved. Thank you, Woodside!!

Posted August 07, 2012
I just want to comment on the review posted by a parent on June 5, 2012 below... When you said that the crayon cans are filthy, did you ever do anything about it? Like donating new cans or cleaning supplies? Regarding the books, ever tried donating some books for the kids to use? And about having an adult watch the kids during recess, have you notified the admin/teacher about this issue? I'm just curious to know if you addressed these issues and nothing have been done about these.

Posted June 29, 2012
My daughter has attended Woodside for Kindergarten and First grade. We love this school! The parent envolvement is great, the teachers have been great and the principal is wonderful. My daughter can't wait for second grade to start!

Woodside Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2012
Our child attended kindergarten here. It was horrible. They have a reading area, but no books. They all shared text books that were used. The crayons "cans" on each desk were absolutely filthy. The teacher actually said to the parents during our first group meeting that it was too hard for her to tear out 30 single pages from the workbooks so they would not send homework home for us to see, but would let us know how our child was doing if we contacted them to ask. No discipline in the classroom and NO ONE watching them at recess. My child was seriously injured once and there was no adult to tell - another child took the initiative and sought one out to help my child. It was shocking.

Woodside Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2010
Woodside is a wonderful school in a spotty school district. The teachers are dedicated, the principal is great, and there is a lot of parent involvement. The feeder pattern for Woodside is not good though - the middle school is bad, and the high school is just okay. Otherwise love this school.

Woodside Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
even though the school doesn't any money, they are trying to do their best, the teachers are very care giving and they don't want any other kid fall behind.

Woodside Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2008
Woodside is a great school! Amazing teachers, wonderful, friendly, and funny staff, great job by the principal. Very active parent group. We are lucky to have a great public education available to our kids.

Woodside Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2007

Posted September 04, 2006
we have been going to woodside since 1990. as my kids have grown up . every year the school has impressed me more and more ,the level of parent participation and teacher quality has been the biggest factor,you would think this was a private school with all of the involvement .it makes me proud to be a parent of a fith grader,my last child to attend woodside.we are excited to see whats in store for us this year ,TWS a happy parent.

Woodside Elementary School
761 San Simeon Drive, Concord, CA  94518
Last modified Woodside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top