Posted January 19, 2015
It is awesome and goes from k to 5 billion percent Percent Billion Billion Percent Percent Million Million Million With in and I

Posted June 28, 2014
If I could keep my kids in Silver Strand Elementary until they graduated..I would! The reason being the wonderful principal Mr Cass, he is the most friendly man, both with parents and students, always there in the mornings to greet everyone coming to school and to receive hugs from the kids. Staff are wonderful - I can't say anything negative about this school, even the views are amazing from the classrooms, what kid doesn't want to look at the Pacific Ocean while studying? Spent six years at this school, and wish I could take it with me when we move...LOVED IT!

Posted April 10, 2013
I loved this school when I was little! I remeber how helpful the staff were to the military students that attended, especially when first settling in. Even the secretarys were friendly, always greeting kids at the door and helping them or their parents in any way possible.

Silver Strand Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
Really wanted to love this school. It reminds me of the elementary school I attended when I was little which I loved. It could be above-average with some changes (staff, teaching, programs). While I feel the school has an excellent principal, the teachers are lacking--in personality, positive attitude, and passion for what they do. I understand teaching is a hard job. It's not babysitting. I expected to be better informed of my child's progress. I expected pleasant interactions between me and the teachers. I also expected other parents to be pleasant and involved with their children, disciplining when necessary but there were issues. And my child was exposed to things that are inappropriate for 5 year-olds. Class sizes are large, not as large as some but with this size class, there should be a full-time aide in the room as well. The Coronado Schools Foundation helps bring special programs to the school. Our child participated in two throughout the year. That was a nice perk. If your child attends this school, please volunteer to help in the classroom. Everyone benefits from that interaction.

Silver Strand Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2011
Love this school! Very committed to going a step further in education of the children there. Fantastic community for children not only to learn the basics but how to expand on those skills. I am a grandparent of 2 students here.

Posted March 18, 2011
This school continues to impress me. Their staff, use of resources, extracurricular activities and support to military families is incredible. Keep up the great work Silver Strand. =)

Posted September 22, 2010
This little school is fantastic! Both my children were fortunate to attended Silver Strand from kindergarten through 5th grade. The teachers are completely committed to giving each and every student the best education they can. The principal is a wonderful leader, role model and effectively communicates with parents and the community. It's the perfect size, has been newly renovated and the location between the beach and the bay is paradise.

Posted September 05, 2010
My children have completed a total of six years at Silver Strand. One child was a GATE student and the other had an IEP. I have never been to such a small school that could provide such quality services to both my children! They have both been challenged at their individual levels. On that note, the principal, Mr. Cass, really cares that the kids actually learn and not just do well on the test scores. He has worked diligently for Strand to earn a grant that allows the school to hire intervention teachers that work with kids in small reading and math groups of 6-8 children. In this way, the kids are taught at their level and can be challenged to make huge progress in their studies! It's truly an awesome school with a family feeling!

Posted June 21, 2010
This school is fabulous! Both my children attended and they had a wonderful learning experience with many outstanding teachers who continued to challenge them at their level. We also really appreciate the small school environment and felt the staff worked cohesively as a family. Mr. Cass, the principal is such a positive role model for my children. The office staff is very open and helpful.

Posted October 27, 2009
The best School ! My son went to SSE for 5 yrs and my daughter is going to kinder next year, I love it ! the teachers, the personal, the principal, they just great !!!!!

Silver Strand Elementary School
1350 Leyte Road, Coronado, CA  92118
Last modified Silver Strand Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Strand Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top