Posted January 26, 2014
Ever since we got a new principal and several new teachers back in 2010 this school has been amazing and several former students return to thank them for all the knowledge they have instilled into themselves and others. Great School!

Sacred Heart Parish School 3

Posted July 11, 2013
I graduated from Sacred Heart recently, and I have to say that this was one of the better private schools I attended. Middle school is challenging, but it's the right kind of challenge. The Language Arts teacher prepares her students well for high school, and so does the math teacher. There are cliques at this school; even in my class there were a couple, but I think once you've spent a long time with a class, you start to become more like a family. I may be wrong, but that was the case for me. The students really care for their teachers, and vice versa. The school is improving bit-by-bit, and I believe that in a few years they can be a very great school. The sports program is ok, but it could be improved. In 8th grade, before you take your high school placement, the middle school teachers prepare you for the test extremely well. I was well prepared, and went into high school with honors. I've made lifelong friends here, and hope to see them after high school. Sacred Heart will always have a special place in my heart.

Posted September 13, 2012
We are new to Sacred Heart, but so far, I love it. We moved our children from a local public school due to poor teachers, unruly students and behavior issues. The teachers met with us and our children. We toured the school and had time with the principal. Love the Apple computer lab (iPads are on the way), and the Spanish program as well as all the extra curricular programs offered. The first week of school, we received a rubric of our children's reading comprehension & math and a few examples of their work. This was outstanding in my opinion because you know immediately where your child stands and what needs improvement. Everything I wanted in a school for my children - good academics, friendly teachers, well-behaved children and limited behavioral issues!

Posted October 27, 2011
Graduated already, and man, wish I was there for another. I loved Sacred Heart. My class was so close, everyone cared for their classmates, and everyone loved our class. The english teacher, Mrs. Nordlie is amazing. In highschool, I breezed through honors english classes thanks to her in middle school. I must admit, the math program is weak, and could be strengthened. When I graduated new rules were being enforced left and right, all black shoes, cmon'. Despite that, Sacred Heart was the BEST! I'm so glad I went there, my principal, Mr. Harris did a fanstastic job. All in all, I LOVED IT. FIVE STARS! Why are you about to scroll down to read more reviews.....send your kid there already!

Sacred Heart Parish School 2

Posted August 08, 2011
My kids have been there for four years, the teaching in the school is O.K., not necessarily the best, major improvements still needed. I must give credit to Mr. Harris, the principal for implementing some changes but more has to be done. He faces opposition from parents that don't agree with his ideas and others who help the school financially. Needless to say the school needs the support of the financially wealthy that send their kids there. Unfortunately, most kids (not all) in the school are very snobbish; they tend to be mean to others that don t hold up to their social economic status. Their attitudes are reflective of their parents . Just like you have the the girls cliques at school you also have the parent cliques . On non-uniform days it s a show-off of brand name attire. It s sad to see that the catholic education one is paying for is implemented mostly in class and mass, other than that, those principals are only carried on by a few not the majority.

Sacred Heart Parish School 2

Posted March 26, 2010
the school is good in teaching. But the students there are not the best. there are bullies and know one is taking action.

Sacred Heart Parish School 4

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted June 13, 2009
I love this school. It has such great academics, and my sister graduated before me and she did very well in high school. This school made her so prepared. My literature teacher, Mrs. Nordlie, is the top grammar/literature/english teacher in all of San Diego. All around an amazing school. Five stars!

Posted May 08, 2008
Fantastic school. We have four graduates from here and they were well prepared for high school and life. High academic standards, fully credentialed teachers, well informed parents, and Cathloic values that helped make our kids wonderful adults!

Sacred Heart Parish School 1

Posted August 14, 2007
Since they changed Principal this school has indeed turned for the worse. The teachers do not know how to teach best, its their way or the highway. Their sports program is extremely poor and not organized.

Sacred Heart Parish School
706 C Avenue, Coronado, CA  92118
Last modified Sacred Heart Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Sacred Heart Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.