Costa Mesa, CA

Posted October 05, 2014
Adams is an exceptional school. The staff is professional and Mr. Del Real ensures that both staff and students have 21st century technological skills. My 5th grader is experiencing rigorous curriculum through the 1 to 1 Chrome book program.

Posted November 10, 2013
Wonderful school. Principal Del Real is professional and extremely personable. Teachers are dedicated, hardworking, and skilled. Curriculum is impressive. My only negative is that the school campus is not fenced due to neighborhood opinion. Neighbors don't want it fenced because of aesthetics and they like to have free-range access to the school/park after school hours. Not the schools fault. The district needs to fence the school in the interest of the children's safety, rather than appease the neighbors, who the majority don't have children in that school. Also would like to see more parent involvement.

Posted February 27, 2012
THIS IS A 5 STAR/10 RATED SCHOOL in my eyes! I don't know where this "greatschools.org", third party site gets its "judging criteria", but its not from experienced educators! Its all advertising and the only people who are complaining here are the disgruntled parents that blame everyone else but themselves for their child's failure to thrive (um, get involved and stop complaining)! Look at our test score and stats break down...ESL students get the support and intervention they need and the English-as-a-first-language students are obviously being challenged. Diversity is the spice of life and we all learn and grow from stepping outside of our bubble once in awhile. We are a school that is united and NOT divided. My children are not only getting a high -quality academic experience, but also being taught the value of loving and respecting and making friends with ALL types of people from many different backgrounds and walks of life....and THAT is what makes Adams experience far superior to any other school!

Posted February 27, 2012
Best school EVER! Wonderful staff/teachers, wonderful parents, wonderful PTA and wonderful student body! We came from Mariners and this school exceeds every high expectation I had (and I had lots). Our principal (Mr. Del Real) is absolutely amazing at his job and has the patience and dedication it takes to make a difference....and make a difference he does! We love you Adams!

Posted February 12, 2012
My son is currently in his 2nd year at Adams and I could not be happier with the quality of teachers at Adams. He has excelled well beyond my expectations as a student and continues to learn at a rapid pace.

Posted February 10, 2012
I feel very blessed to have a sixth grader at Adams Elementary School. We have been here since Kinder, and our daughter has excelled in so many ways! We all love this school, especially because of the exceptional teachers and staff. Our principal, Mr. Del Real, is an amazing asset to our school. He is always eager to encourage and listen to all the students and is very aware of their growth individually. I am proud to be an Adams parent!

Posted February 10, 2012
Adams is an outstanding school! Its the best thing that has happened to my children! For my daughter, learning comes easily and they have tons of enrichment to challenge her. My son, needs more time absorbing concepts and gets intervention often to keep his self esteem high and at his grade level. He loves learning and gets so much positive support. Our principal, Mr. Del Real does a stellar job and we are all behind him 100%! He is taking this school in a new and positive direction. Diversity is such an important value in our family and Adams has such a well-rounded student body. We really love our school!

Posted February 09, 2012
I am a proud Adams parent of two children at this school a Kinder and a 1st grader with special needs. The principal, teachers and staff have gone above and beyond to understand my daughter and give her the most comfortable and conducive learning eviornment possible. My Kinder is so excited to go to school everyday because he loves his teacher so much! He is already learning to read and I can't believe how much he has learned so for this year. I couldn't be happier with the communication that takes place between teacher and parent. I highly reccomend Adams to any one!

Posted February 08, 2012
ADAMS ROCKS! I have a 2nd grader at this school. We've have been here since kinder and have the BEST experience! I was in the process of moving right before my son started kindergarden and was willing to move to any school district (and even considered Davis and Haas) but chose Adams and it was the best choice for BOTH me and my son. He could barely write his name in chicken scratch before kinder and now hes reading at a 5th grade level and done with his 2nd grade math library, moving onto 3rd grade math and its only half way through the school year! I love the staff, teachers and especially our principal Mr. Gabe Del Real who is dedicated to learning through literature and technology and I swear he knows every child and parents name at the school (I don't know how he does it!). Accelerated Math and Reading provides a tailored program for every kid...as well as one-on-one tutoring, intervention when needed and the overall diverse culture is AWESOME! The school is set in a beautiful and safe neighborhood and the grounds are always clean and kept. I can't say enough about the academics, PTA and pride I have about being an Adams parent!!!!!

Posted January 19, 2012
The focus of the Special Education team at Adams Elementary is centered around positive reinforcement for students, collaboration within the Special Education team and General Education population, and our dedication to academic growth.

Adams Elementary School
2850 Club House Road, Costa Mesa, CA  92626
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top