Bad
Good

This school is the worst. Not only do the teachers not discipline or report bullies.... the teachers are Harassing as well! It's disgusting and my child doesn't want to go to school here anymore. I understand some teachers are better than others but this school has some bad apples for teachers. And yes, they serve milk in plastic bags..... NASTY!!! What are they trying to do to our kids??!

This school is so cheap they my kid drink out of a baggie filled with milk/chocolate milk this school has mean office workers and the principal made my kid's life miserable when I didn't agree with her on my child's behavior we moved the next year don't move your kid here

I would not recommend sending your child to this school. I am still debating if I am sending my son back to this school for this fall. The Principal has no control over her staff. The Morale is low. There is a lot of bullying and the Principal turns the other way. Instead of suspending the bullies. She just tells them to stop. She rather they not miss school so they can get paid for attendance.

I attempted to register for the 2012 school year and Ben Lamond lost my sons kindergarten entry forms. I found out one month to school starting that they had no record of his enrollment. I reported them to the district and requested a transfer to a different school in the district. My transfer was approved and I am very glad that my child will not be attending a school whose office staff cannot be dependable.

Not pleased. School is in Program Improvement. Recent Parent Survey result comments by Administration seemed to have caught them off guard when they don't know why "adequate" or "ineffective" were the chosen answers. I'm more surprised that they didn't see it coming. There is very little "fun" here, and very little compromise. Students might want to perform better if they were recognized academically throughout the year instead last day of school and a once a month Student of the Month assembly. Morale is down all over due to budget cuts. Needs much improvement.

What a professional staff and dedicated principal! Our whole family loves this school. We are proud to be Bears. There are many opportunities to stay involved and be part of your children's education. The PTA is super involved too!

I used to be proud to have my children attend this school. Unfortunatly that is no longer the case. The current principal is power hungry and tries to intimidate the parents into falling in line with what she believes. If you don't agree with her she will single out your child and make their life miserable in the little ways she has control. I am in the processing of moving my child to another school as she is doing nothing for my child!

Nice school, great with my Daughter.

My daughter began attending Ben Lomond last year after attending another school in the same district for three years. I could not be happier with her progress. Her teacher put her heart and soul into her students. The staff is incredibly friendly, professional, and dedicated. There were more parent-involvement activities than you could possible imagine, and the teacher involvement was spectacular, even on a Friday evening! We cannot wait for the new year to begin.

My son finished kinder at this school. I felt that attending kinder at Ben Lomond was probably very similar to going to a private school. Luckily his class was only 17 kids. The curriculum that they receive at this age, I think as a parent, was a bit much. I can't complain I have other friends in other Covina schools where the children are bombarded with homework. Of course depending on the child and how much they absorb is how much they will take. For the studius, they love it. His teacher was Mrs. Kramer, she is a great disciplinarian and was able to get him to be where he needed to be, though he's not studius. Overall, from the kinder experience he is where he should be at a cheaper price, for the same type of education, just a few more kids. See you next year.

Last modified Ben Lomond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.