Culver City, CA

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Children need role models of these virtues in order to develop them. Most of the teachers cannot even fake caring and compassion.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 02, 2015
They have been at the school too long and need to move on. The new ones who came last year already quit because of all of the hostility among the staff and lack of leadership from the principal. The ones who have been there just a couple of years seem nice but worn out. You have to like what you do and feel appreciated in order to be effective.

Posted June 04, 2015
This is a great school to send your children to. The day you first walk into the school, you can't help but feel that this feels like home and a family environment. The school may not have the fanciest buildings, but if you value good morals and teachers who care about discipline and academics, this may just be a good fit for your child. I can't speak about what happened in the past, but under this new leadership, the school is making great strides in developing your child to be an all around great person with strong academics. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this school, but as for my child, we have seen the growth and the development and are extremely happy.

Posted February 02, 2010
I have two children are attending St. Augustine School and very pleased with teacher leadership and quality. They are excellent in preparing my children for advancing their further education in high school. The parent involvement in this school is very amazing. We are very happy about the school and would like to recommend our friends to this school

Posted January 28, 2010
My son and daughter both graduated from St. A. Both are excelling at rigorous high schools, based on the excellent education they received. The faculty and the administration are great and caring; it has always felt like a family. Totally recommend it.

Posted January 28, 2010
I have three children that go to this school. The staff is top notch and they will make sure that your child(ren) are prepared for high school and beyond. An emphasis is given to make sure that you child has a safe learning environment.

St. Augustine 1

Posted January 05, 2010
Tis school has horrible leadership. The teachers are outstanding but the office staff and principal are extremely bad. Don't send your children to this school. You will regret it in th long run

Posted September 27, 2009
I have two children who have attended St. Augustine School since Pre-K. One child is now in 3rd grade and the other is in 1st grade. I have always been very pleased with the education that they are receiving. Lots of homework is given to reinforce the day's lesson. I feel that both children are being prepared for high school now. The teachers are great and genuinely care about the students. They welcome parent questions and involvement. A good selection of extra-curricular activities round out the program offered.

St. Augustine 2

Posted October 23, 2008
I think this school is good. Its has many extra cirricular activities. But Its disipline is not good. I would get made fun of everyday. When I told the teachers they didn't really care. sumbitted from A former SAS Student

Posted October 14, 2008
My son recently joined the Kindergarten and I can say this is a great school on several aspects. They have a caring and professional attitude towards education, it is general enough if you have to transfer but also personalized to fit your child's needs. One of the most important points for me as a new parent was how welcoming other parents and how understanding the teachers are, I am most grateful. I was worried as most of the kids knew each other from pre-K that my son-who has just turned 5, would have a difficult time adjusting and in turn would not want to go to school, but he has been very adamant to get in his uniform and join his classmates every morning. He came from a playbase pre-K, and adopted to the academic environment rather smoothly. After school care is wonderful. Plenty of activities for art, sports, chess, music!

3819 Clarington Avenue, Culver City, CA  90232