Posted November 19, 2014
Diegueno Country School prepared my son with tools which set him equal to and ahead of his peers. The foundation of knowledge, reading, writing, arithmetic, creative thinking, and being a good citizen is solid. The opportunities to learn individually and through group environments created unique experiences to assist in problem solving and working with others. The leadership of Diegueno Country School is focused on maintaining a high quality teaching staff which equips these children with the life lessons to succeed positively, academically, and socially into their future selves.

Posted October 10, 2013
This school is the most amazing school! The location, the teachers, the parents and children are all kind and brilliant! The one on one attention to the kids, the love of learning that my son has can never be replicated in a public school setting! We choose to pay to have our kids in school now...give them the love of learning that Diegueno creates for the kids! We believe that giving our kids the best future success starts now...and our incredible school models kindness, leadership and supports children to be their own unique leader in the world! I wish I had this school when I was growing up! No school in all of San Diego or Southern California can even compare with our school! My daughter will be joining Kindergarten in the Fall...we love our school!

Posted July 27, 2013
Diegueno is the village that raised our three sons over a decade. Diegueno shaped our children. All of us. They built a foundation. Shared in our struggles and our victories. Who our three children are, who they are growing up to be, includes the teachers and administration of Diegueno...Is because of them. From a Midsummer's' Night Dream to The Pushcart Wars. From Jane Goodall to Singapore Math to Roman Legions riding horseback on stage. Only Diegueno. The depth of the emotion, the strength of the commitment, the breadth of the love. The confidence we have, the love of poetry and the arts, the passion we have for people and kindness and goodness, for learning and discovery and theater...it all was seeded and nurtured by them. Because they all knew what to give us. And they did. We will be forever grateful for Diegueno Country School.

Posted February 10, 2013
Our family had children at Diegueno for 10 years. During that time, my kids received a fabulous educational foundation that is serving them well in high school, and that they will take with them to college. The environment at the school is incredibly loving and nurturing -- my children really felt that Diegueno was their second home, and the teachers were members of their extended family. They felt respected and challenged, and exceptionally well-prepared for any school they chose to attend afterward. An outstanding experience.

Posted February 04, 2013
From the very first time you see this school, you will know it is unlike any other place around. The environment the faculty and staff have crafted is devoted to the notion of individuality within community, safety within adventure, and love and respect above all else. My children have thrived since arriving at what we really consider to be their home away from home. Of course there are rigorous expectations, but that is part of what I wanted for my children. I think kids are capable of amazing things, when they are given the tools to succeed. Diegueno feeds children with knowledge to grow, loves them with patience to be kind, and holds them up to the light to see themselves develop into strong, intelligent, creative contributors to a greater society.

Diegueno Country School 1

Posted November 26, 2012
I've been a GATE certified teacher for 12 years.I was disappointed by the lack of rigor provided for students with advanced skills.The teachers are kind,but,the work my kids brought home wasn't reflective of the academically rigorous environment Diegueno claimed to provide.We're now at another private school & the difference in the quality of work is incredible.Comparing the 2 schools has confirmed my belief that Diegueno failed to challenge our kids.Another draw-back is its size.At first, we thought that a small environment would be ideal.Now,while we recognize that a small school may be great for little ones,it isn t for older children.Social opportunities are limited as are important activities such as language,sports & music.Other private schools include these enrichment activities as part of their instructional school day.As far as the admin., we were thoroughly disappointed in the lack of leadership provided by the Cole family & their mishandling of issues relating to students & staff throughout the year.As both an educator & parent, I wouldn't recommend this school to prospective families.I firmly believe you can find a higher quality education elsewhere.We certainly have.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2012
Diegueno is a wonderful, magical school that is truly unique in so many aspects. We were at another private school in La Jolla for preschool as well as a year in a highly-rated public elementary school in Carmel Valley/Del Mar neighborhood. Yet, Diegueno is exceptional in so many aspects. It starts with the dedicated teachers and administration. The leadership of the school is passionate about creating a rich learning environment that is both highly stimulating. This is a school where the children find math "fun" and science "cool". The language arts program is well-known and deemed to be exceptional in every aspect. The curriculum is highly rigorous and personalized for each child. This is our third year at the school and each year has gotten better. When you visit the school, you'll see a campus full of happy, well-adjusted kids who are being guided to care about othe people, the environment and the world around them. There is turnover at the school - both among teachers adn students - but there is careful review behind each change and has been for the better. We feel very blessed to be a part of this great community.

Diegueno Country School 1

Posted July 19, 2012
Because Diegueno is a family run, private, and non accredited school, the administration can make any decision they want without accountability. If you have a middle of the road child, you will not encounter any problems. However, if you have a child who is a slower learner, accelerated learner, or has unique traits there will be issues early on. In my child's class, several kids as early as 1st grade had to be tutored due to academic pressure, while, paradoxically, other kids who performed above average did not get individuated instruction. Also, there are so many "performances" the kids prepare for during the year, they often lose valuable classroom instruction time. The admin is too focused on "showmanship" to keep the wealthy families impressed. The greatest downfall of the school is definitely the lack of protocol. There are no clear guidelines for how to handle any situation- they make it up as they go. Additionally, the years we were at the school, teachers were let go on the spot, children not invited back the following year for unclear reasons, and financial aid pulled despite promises made. If not for the teachers, the school would be a disappointment on all levels.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2011
We love this school and feel so blessed to be a part of te Diegueno community. Academically this school is challenging. If your child is not intelligent, this is not the school for you. The programs are above and beyond anything in the county. The children learn to be caring, compassionate individuals who make a difference. The staff and teachers are superb. We would highly recommend this school to anyone who wants a great all around environment for their child as long as the child is academically advancec.

Posted March 10, 2010

Diegueno Country School
15663 Circo Diegueno Road, Del Mar, CA  92014
Last modified Diegueno Country School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Diegueno Country School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top