Dixon, CA

Posted April 09, 2014
I wish I went to this school...... But I moved unfortunately last year so I never went sadly...........

Posted November 08, 2012
Maybe the children would be more respectful if the school held their parents responsible for their actions. Unfortunately most of these parents are at Buds Bar and Grill and are not interested in making their kids be respectful individuals. Is the staff afraid of thes parents? This is not a popularity contest. Your other students have to right to go to school and get an education without being picked on by a bunch of punks! The principal needs to get control!

C. A. Jacobs Intermediate School 2

Posted December 11, 2011
I used to teach here. Most of the teachers are dedicated and know their subject matter. Leadership is usually in flux. Most principals were not qualified to even teach at the school. Most of the students are below proficiency so it's basically an elementary school for teens. I would not want my kids to go there. Why? The most dysfunctional students and their parents hold sway and admin caves in. Their are some angry, entitled people out there and they love making others their doormat. It's a popularity contest so might as well get the khardashions in there to teach.

C. A. Jacobs Intermediate School 5

Posted June 27, 2011
I represent a community non-profit working directly with the principal, advisors from core curriculum, and 30 students. I am a professional educator, recognizing both leadership and quality performance in teacher commitment. The teachers I have worked with have gone above/beyond to instill leadership, enrichment, and postsecondary awareness at UCDavis. I have met with parents of members of the new Builders Club, service/leadership club, and is evident there is great potential in this school. The principal is a leader in all respects!

Posted June 13, 2011
This is a horrible school! The sports teams is about the only good thing about this school. Most teachers have NO disipline in class, and lets students act disrepectful towards them and other students. Complete lack of control in the classroom. DO NOT send your child here if you have a choice! The sports team may be great, but it's not worth the bullying students, disrespectful staff, and non-exsitant andvanced class'. I would NEVER recommend this school to ANYONE!

Posted March 19, 2011
Horrible school that completely lacks competant management! We were a new family to the district with a straight A, quiet, polite, keep to himself kind of kid. Our child instantly disliked school saying he was bored and considered an "outsider". Called CAJ to discuss concerns and look into the possibility of advanced/ AP classes, was told to be grateful for having such a bright child and maybe he/she needed some help with socialization skills. Child was horribly bullied over the coming weeks and on at least three occasions assaulted by means of pushing, punching, and choking. Phoned and went to school several times, principal/ as. principal were never around to discuss this with us, "she is not available right now", was the common excuse given. Police were never notified nor was school resource officer. When I was finally able to speak with one of them I was told they had counseled the other children and that it may just be a case of kids being kids. Same kids attacked child again and still nothing was done. School thinks they can counsel these junior criminals as a way of discipline instead of handing out suspensions. I guess the district/city didn't need our tax dollars!

C. A. Jacobs Intermediate School 2

Posted August 01, 2010
i am now and 8th grader here at CA anf im not that happy at r school. my &th grade year i had a teacher grading me down on my clothing witch wasnt that bad, i could be wearing leggings and a long shirt and get graded down. there r some very awsome teachers that i wouold love to have next year but cant. i think that our princeple should have been more strict but he wasnt also the ladies n the office r very rude, the kids here at this school r very mean and dont understand what respect is as muchas i dont like to say bad things about the school i think ur child should not go here.

Posted March 14, 2010
Hi, Im a 7th grade student at CA Jacobs and I have been threatened by a teacher that I would get a refurell when all I was doing was sitting quitly in my desk after I finished my essay and my book. Allso my friend was given a refurrel for suposevly beating a girl up. This never happened and her mother came into the school to tell them so. This fight had suposevly taken place after school while the student was at home with her mother. The student that lied got suspended but the student that was honest and didnt do a thing still got a refurell. This sytem is cruel when they actually need to do something they let it go. If I was moving to dixon and had kids that would be attending this school I would put them in a better school out of reach from these teachers.

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted April 07, 2009
i am a 7th grader attending this school We have some really good teachers,although our principal is not as strict as he should be,overall i think that this school is a very good learning enviroment.

C. A. Jacobs Intermediate School
200 North Lincoln Street, Dixon, CA  95620
Last modified C. A. Jacobs Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C. A. Jacobs Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top