El Monte, CA
Students enrolled: 2,312

Posted October 04, 2014
My child was a student of Arroyo High school, graduated years ago, went to a great university. Teachers are nice, lots of activities for students, helps students into great universities. It is a best school in town.

Posted January 20, 2014
Im currently a student at arroyo high and I honestly hate it. The only reason i'm even at the school is because I haven't moved yet. Almost all of my teachers are so lazy and play online games while im trying to figure out how to do things its just so ridiculous and unnecessary. All the athletes get so much special treatment they pass classes with doing little to no work at all they always get priority for everything! Thanks to this school I am now 100 credits behind and I am a sophomore. If you're planning on moving here or thinking of going to this school don't its not worth it. Moving to el monte is a bad idea period.If you can afford to live in el monte go to la Habra or west Covina even la Habra has blue ribbon schools and loads of cheap very nice newly renovated apartments same with west Covina. If you're reading tis please take my advice, I attend this school I know what i'm talking about it's totally not worth al the trouble and frustration when there's better places out there.

Posted August 14, 2013
Let me tell you that I want to transfer out of this school. Again. I went to this school for my ninth and tenth grade years but after failing algebra 1 two years in a row, you know it's the teachers and not you who is to blame. Most of the teachers here are lazy and won't even bother to do their job which is to teach, granted there are a few teachers who actually could teach and well. There are also a few teachers who don't speak English; another reason for many students failing classes. I went to gabrielino high school my junior year and loved the teachers but I had no friends and I didn't want to graduate with a bunch of strangers. My mother and I decided to move back in the El Monte area and as of right now I am a senior currently attending arroyo and the classes are already filled up. So much for seniors having first choice in picking classes. I might not even graduate. Don't go to this school. Terrible administrators . I know from experience.

Arroyo High School 3

Posted September 25, 2012
School is pretty fun but some of the teachers I had were lazy so that made me ended up with terrible grades. The best thing about this school is the clubs and band. I had lots of fun when I joined Key club with my friends. the worst part about this school is some of the students behavior, they would get in fights or start many other problems for other students.

Posted December 04, 2011
Mr. Richarson was in the high school talent show as one of the Supremes. He was so funny as Diana Ross. Does anyone remember??In 1997.

Arroyo High School 4

Posted September 12, 2011
The teachers are good and there are many activities to do, but the campus is small. I transferred to Arroyo for my second year of high school. One thing I dislike is how crowded the hallways can be and how you must sit in specified areas during lunch.

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted May 29, 2009
i love this school it is the best. it has alot of things to help you.

Arroyo High School 0

Posted March 30, 2009
i love arroyo high school!!!! i went to this school for the first semester and it was WAY better than i expected.

Posted January 26, 2009
i am a junior at arroyo right now and i have to say, i really like it. all but one of my teachers are great. they are all amazing teachers. arroyo offers a program called AVID and i have been taking this class since 7th grade. the main focus of AVID is to help prepare you for college. we get tutored twice a week my college students. arroyo offers many sports clubs, and electives.

Arroyo High School
4921 North Cedar Avenue, El Monte, CA  91732
Last modified Arroyo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top