Elk Grove, CA
Students enrolled: 2,813

Posted July 19, 2015
Very good business type technology, such as CAD. Would recommend this school. Only con would be that it is sometimes packed.

Franklin High School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
Very good if you are looking for business type technology classes, such as CAD. Would recommend .

Posted June 24, 2015
Next school year i'm going to be a junior. i love Franklin high school and Toby high school. i believe that there are 2 types of teachers at Franklin, one type is the type of teacher that repeats everything and gives us extra days on projects and there is a type that doesn't care how much you will hate them but does there best to make sure you understand the lesson and gives you homework and expects it on the exact date. The students there are awesome. on spirit weeks lots of people go all in. they know when it's time to play and when its time to study. also the school (link crew) like to do activities for the students. One of my favorite is coco and cram, that is a few days before finals and everyone can stay after school and study or finish final projects and link crew provides free hot chocolate and snacks. "link crew lock-down" is another one i like. that's a little party for all of the freshman, it is after school and its lots of fun

Franklin High School 3

Posted February 24, 2014
I'm a current freshmen at FHS, and I've noticed a huge difference between the Honors and regular classes. My honors English class teacher grades as if we were taking an 11 AP class. The school is far too overcrowded, with a little over 3,000 students. Classes are over full and there is hardly any one-on-one help for each student. If you are having trouble in a class, you can forget about help. The students themselves aren't the nicest, either. The school is funding unnecessary classes, ones that don't even fit the A-G requirements for college. However, the school could improve by removing the classes that aren't needed and adding ones that would look fantastic on a college transcript.

Posted October 05, 2013
I attended FHS from 2004-2008. I was also one of those academic achiever kids, so I was in just about every honors and AP class on campus at one point in my high school career. My sister was in the regular classes. I saw a tremendous difference between the honors/AP teachers and the normal-crowd teachers. My sister definitely didn't get the same quality of education that I did and we graduated a year apart from each other. FHS is a great school for high achievers but the folks who need extra academic help are left in the dust, especially since most kids who need the help are afraid to ask for it or seek it! A good college turnout rate too. I graduated in the top 5% with a 4.32 GPA and everyone was leaving off to ivy Leagues, privates and UCs. I remember when Franklin had 3200 students and classrooms had an average of 35-40 students. Now I see I see its at 2800. The only wish I was given the opportunity to play a sport. The sports are very competitive and I never made the cut. Also, why couldn't they paint a huge mural of the mascot when the school first opened?! They put it up 2 years after I left. Boo.

Posted December 04, 2012
Most AP classes in the district but no real academic or extracurricular focus. There are just so many things to do and the efforts to provide student activities are overdone. If you attend this school, it'll be hard to stand out and a lot of effort--with the many things to do--goes unrecognized. Sure you won't be bored attending, but it's a lot of work and competitive... It'd be better feeling to attend if the school is known for its specific programs, rather than that it has too many things to do.

Posted April 14, 2012
I love this school. The teachers and staff are so dedicated and want to help. I really like the block schedule that we have and the alternating classes just help spread out the load. If you talk to the councilors, they will help you choose your classes you need to take.

Franklin High School 3

Posted January 29, 2012
I'm currently a Sophomore at Franklin. Its a great school for high achieving students. there are lots of AP and Honors courses and many electives. however, there are a lot of students and not many opportunities to get one on one help. the students are not the kindest either. Also, theres a large gap between honors and regular classes, so its not easy to choose anything but honors. there aren't any buses besides public buses and those are overcrowded. its a decent school in my opinion.

Franklin High School 1

Posted October 18, 2011
Not many rental properties in this school's district. Definitely NOT the school for students with special needs. No honors program for core classes like Biology. If you're from this area you may get along fine, but don't expect quality treatment if you're coming from another district.

Posted May 08, 2009
Definitely above average. The atmosphere at this school, especially for those students who want to excel, is great. Offering many AP and honors classes, this school is great for students who want to challenge themselves. Not only that, but there are a few key teachers that are very well liked. Other teachers, not so much though.

Franklin High School
6400 Whitelock Parkway, Elk Grove, CA  95757
Last modified Franklin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top