Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted March 08, 2016
I had a discussion yesterday with the principal about his decision on reprimanding my son. I explained to him on how the issue was resolved. Instead of working with the parent he bullies my son claiming that my son is lying and ended up putting him in detention. This is not the way to treat elementary school children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 08, 2016
I want to say thank you to all the great teachers at Grapeland Elementary who have helped my children.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted March 08, 2016
All of my kids teachers have been excellent. I have not gripes against them. Kudos to all teachers.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted March 08, 2016
Under Ms. Sipos there was much more homework that was meaningful to the students curricula. However under Mr. Shaw things have changed and the quality of education is going downhill

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 08, 2016
Under Mr. Shaw students are not respected. Respect must start with Mr. Shaw. He cannot be disrespectful to students. I strongly urge all parents to escalate all issues related to Mr. Shaw to the district. Our kids need a better leader who understands elementary kids better

Posted November 05, 2015
Both of my children attend this school, and have been for 4 years. They are both high achievers, and consistently receive outstanding grades. However, as a teacher in another district, I have to agree with others who give this school a low rating. The teachers here do not praise the students AT ALL. I feel that much of the responsibility for learning the grade level content is placed on parents. In the 4 years we've been here, we have only encountered one teacher who seemed to genuinely care about our child. My second child was left alone in his classroom on the first day of school (a genuine mistake), with no apology from the teacher. No praise was given to him for the fact that he was the first to know all of his site words. The students have availability to chromebooks, PE, and music teachers- which is amazing. However, if you are looking for a school that nurtures students, this is not it.

Grapeland Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2015
This school only cares about test scores , not children. They treat students and parents awful.

Posted April 16, 2014
I do not recommend this school. Don't let the test scores fool you. I feel they worry too much about the test scores and not enough about the individual. Many of the programs that they had in place have gone away.

Grapeland Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2013
My son went to this school a short while (fall 2012) starting as a transfer kindergarten student. I thought this school would be an amazing school experience for my son because it is rated so high in the district. But my experience with Grapeland was far less impressive than I had anticipated. I believe my son was not given a chance to adjust to kinder because he wasn't as mature as the other children seemed, and had a hard time focusing, even though he had been in preschool. His teacher would tell me everyday (for a week) that she thought he wasn't ready for kinder, I was surprised because he is very smart, but needed to be reminded to pay attention (normal), long story short...with her advice and others I decided that mabey another year of pre-k would be best. So as I begin to register him for 2013, I was shocked to learn the district would not allow him to start Kinder because of his age! No one ever told me this. But they were so quick to get him out of there, I could not believe it! Me and my son spent all summer cramming for first grade, I believe this school is great but they did not seem interested in working with my boy from day one. I felt CHEATED to say the least.

Posted August 21, 2013
The administration lacks effective people skills. Their goal is to be number one in the district and that is it. If you are looking for your child to be nurtured, Grapeland is probably not the best school to choose.

7171 Etiwanda Avenue, Etiwanda, CA  91739-9714
Last modified Grapeland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.