Etiwanda, CA
Students enrolled: 1,210

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is fabulous. They set high academic and behavior standards and teach the whole student. My third Day Creek child is entering the 8th grade. I can't imagine sending my children any other school due to the high standards, academic excellence and staff professionalism that embodies Day Creek.

Day Creek Intermediate School 2

Posted May 15, 2014
I had several people tell me they were homeschooling their kids due to day creeks reputation and I had no idea until my daughter went there. I agree with everything parents are saying. The teachers do not help at all. I have called several times and talked to the teachers but they don't ever fix it. They just pass the kids thru the system and off to the next. we have so much homework a night, its hard when you work and have several kids. They have bullying and mean rich girls. they think its funny to slap or torment other kids. always during PE when there suppose to be a teacher. my daughter got kicked the other day in the stomach off the bleachers by a boy. I told the v.p and he will "investigate" but so far he called the 3 trouble makers in office, not witnesses or my daughter. He will try to sweep under the rug since schools almost over, but a boy who assaults a girl needs to be punished and a school who allows it also needs to be punished. this school is no better then any other school except its in a ritzy neighborhood and the parents have to basically teach or do homework with them..

Posted November 12, 2013
Day Creek's API score is 938! Highest API score for MIddle Schools in the entire San Bernardino County AGAIN! Way to go Day Creek!

Posted October 20, 2013
Great administration, great teachers, and great students. The administration and teachers do all they can to help students succeed and encourage parental support and participation. Love being a part of the Day Creek family.

Day Creek Intermediate School 2

Posted October 01, 2013
First, the front office ladies are extremely condescending, rude and unhelpful. I wonder if the principle ever listens to the way the front office communicates with parents? They speak to the parents as if we are bothersome students and they do so with a huge patronizing smile. Some of the teachers are egomaniacs at best. They refuse to admit when they've made a mistake and act like dictators. There's little connection between teacher and students because there's no communication. They don't want to hear it because they don't care about the student. However, I will say the facility is good if not great. The school care about protecting the students and safety comes first. The test scores are high becausse there are many bright and gifted students at this school. This is a reflection demographics and not the teachers. Their PE department is to be commended.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my grandson first year @ day creek. He loves his new school. He says that all the Teachers are very nice and very helpful. The Kids are very nice. I love the school my self Every that works there are very helpful.

Day Creek Intermediate School 4

Posted March 15, 2013
Both of my daughters attended DCIS. This is a very good school, mostly because it's a higher socio-economic area with involved, educated parents. The teachers are professional but if you fall behind, there will not be much help. Just make sure your kid is on top of things or you will be helping them A LOT just to pass. I was always able to get throught to staff or principals when needed. My only complaint was one grumpy lady in records who was not happy she had to do extra paperwork for my daughter's applications to private high schools. She still did it, but was pretty mouthy and unprofessional. I mean that's her job! That's my only negative experience in 8 years here.

Day Creek Intermediate School 1

Posted November 20, 2012
This is the worst school EVER! it got so bad that i literally transferred out of this school! don't send your kids here! it is TORTURE!

Posted October 28, 2012
Excellent school.....great teachers and staff....excellent academic programs... professional and caring teachers.....always available to answer questions. .

Day Creek Intermediate School 1

Posted May 28, 2012
I am a graduate of Day Creek Intermediate school. As wonderful as the curriculum may be, the other side activities are almost ignored. There was barely any science and GATE Program was literally like a faded past. This is not the worst school, but nor the best.

Day Creek Intermediate School
12345 Coyote Drive, Etiwanda, CA  91739
Last modified Day Creek Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Day Creek Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top