Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Severe problems with bullying!!!!. Have talked with numerous parents who are having or had problems with continuous bullying at this school. Staff will turn a blind eye to any and all problems that arise. They will go to great lengths to protect the school reputation before protecting your child. Do yourself a favor and ask parents who have had children already attend this school, and you will find the same huge concerns.

This school is wonderful!!! Yes, they have very high standards, but shouldn't they? As a parent, my goal is to raise excellent citizens and scholars. Day Creek teachers and administrators widely supported these goals and provided the skills needed to excel there. I have one son at UCSD for engineering and another at Georgetown University for economics and finance. The folks at Day Creek were key components in their ability to get to this point. My youngest will start 8th grade next year. I am so excited for her to have the opportunity to interact with the fabulous 8th grade staff. Thank you Day Creek!

I have friends who have pulled their children out of this school due to bullying issues and decided to homeschool or transfer. After having my child attend here I have come to agree that the bullying is out of control and the school does not have a good handle on this serious problem.

This school is fabulous. They set high academic and behavior standards and teach the whole student. My third Day Creek child is entering the 8th grade. I can't imagine sending my children any other school due to the high standards, academic excellence and staff professionalism that embodies Day Creek.

I had several people tell me they were homeschooling their kids due to day creeks reputation and I had no idea until my daughter went there. I agree with everything parents are saying. The teachers do not help at all. I have called several times and talked to the teachers but they don't ever fix it. They just pass the kids thru the system and off to the next. we have so much homework a night, its hard when you work and have several kids. They have bullying and mean rich girls. they think its funny to slap or torment other kids. always during PE when there suppose to be a teacher. my daughter got kicked the other day in the stomach off the bleachers by a boy. I told the v.p and he will "investigate" but so far he called the 3 trouble makers in office, not witnesses or my daughter. He will try to sweep under the rug since schools almost over, but a boy who assaults a girl needs to be punished and a school who allows it also needs to be punished. this school is no better then any other school except its in a ritzy neighborhood and the parents have to basically teach or do homework with them..

Day Creek's API score is 938! Highest API score for MIddle Schools in the entire San Bernardino County AGAIN! Way to go Day Creek!

Great administration, great teachers, and great students. The administration and teachers do all they can to help students succeed and encourage parental support and participation. Love being a part of the Day Creek family.

First, the front office ladies are extremely condescending, rude and unhelpful. I wonder if the principle ever listens to the way the front office communicates with parents? They speak to the parents as if we are bothersome students and they do so with a huge patronizing smile. Some of the teachers are egomaniacs at best. They refuse to admit when they've made a mistake and act like dictators. There's little connection between teacher and students because there's no communication. They don't want to hear it because they don't care about the student. However, I will say the facility is good if not great. The school care about protecting the students and safety comes first. The test scores are high becausse there are many bright and gifted students at this school. This is a reflection demographics and not the teachers. Their PE department is to be commended.

This is my grandson first year @ day creek. He loves his new school. He says that all the Teachers are very nice and very helpful. The Kids are very nice. I love the school my self Every that works there are very helpful.

Both of my daughters attended DCIS. This is a very good school, mostly because it's a higher socio-economic area with involved, educated parents. The teachers are professional but if you fall behind, there will not be much help. Just make sure your kid is on top of things or you will be helping them A LOT just to pass. I was always able to get throught to staff or principals when needed. My only complaint was one grumpy lady in records who was not happy she had to do extra paperwork for my daughter's applications to private high schools. She still did it, but was pretty mouthy and unprofessional. I mean that's her job! That's my only negative experience in 8 years here.

Last modified Day Creek Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.