No rating

Freedom Christian

Private | K-12 | 129 students

Living in Fair Oaks

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $205,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted March 18, 2013

I have worked with several schools in this district and am very impressed with Freedom's attention to academic standards and student success. With an engaging teaching staff and administration, this school provides one of the best learning environments for your students!

Posted February 13, 2012

I have been at Freedom for over ten years. This School has helped me grow closer to the Lord and has given me many opportunities to grow and use the gifts that God has given me. I love this school. Thanks so Freedom for all that you have poured into my life.

Posted February 13, 2012

Can't say enough positive things about this school!!! Low student to teacher ratios give my children the personal attention they deserve. A great emphasis on moral and biblical values has strengthened our work as parents; my children are held to high standards even on the playground as they play games with other children. Teaching to all levels of ability enables every student to soar academically. The leadership and public speaking courses have created very strong leadership attributes and confidence in my children. Wouldn't have my kids at any other school!!!

Posted February 13, 2012

I am an FCS parent and I was so surprised to see the post about the financial policies. I have never experienced anything like this. In fact, when our family had some financial hardship the school administration was extremely gracious and willing to work with us.

Posted February 13, 2012

I am an Alumni of Freedom and am blown away that anyone would be unsatisfied with the quality of education that Freedom provides. I came into the school as a Junior and was behind because of my academic background. Not only did I feel like the classrooms had a great student/teacher ration, but a couple of teachers volunteered multiple hours of tutoring time for me, so that I would catch up. This was time away from their families and personal lives. I was amazed at the level of dedication and commitment the staff had to each of the students. I graduated feeling more than prepared for college. I look back at my experience at Freedom and thank God, simply because Freedom prepared me to work full time and go to college at the same time. I don't think I would have been able to juggle both of these responsibilities if it weren't for the training and tools I received at Freedom. Thanks Freedom for preparing me spiritually, academically, and emotionally for my future!

Posted February 13, 2012

Freedom is a school that my husband and I can be confident in. We know our children are with a caring, loving staff that go the extra mile to see that they understand what they are learning and at the same time will be challenged to grow. The high moral standards of the staff and administration assure me that my children are physically safe, emotionally nurtured, spiritually inspired and academically challenged. We are grateful for FCS and would not have our children at any other school.

Posted January 5, 2012

Absolutely horrible! This school is run without ANY morals at all. They called to say they had changed policy on us last minute in August. We had to pay tuition through November with only days notice! Said they would drop us if we didn't pay the full amount by August 15th. THEN told us afterwards that our fees plus multiple pre-payment of tuition were completely non-refundable. We were completely blackmailed with our child's education. We didn't even have time to look for another school, we had to pay. Suffice it to say our child WILL NOT be back next year.

Posted January 5, 2012

My daughter attended Freedom for years. When she finally transfered out, to attend another high school, she was multiple grades behind the other students! This was after she earned straight As and Bs at Freedom. I expected those As and Bs to mean something. I was shocked to learn that she could have been getting a better education at our local public school- and that says a lot! So much time, money and investment spent trying to ensure her a good education and it all went down the drain. We just have to pray that she can get caught up in time to be competitive for college.

Posted July 5, 2011

As a parent and this is being our 10th year at the school, I cannot say anything but great things about the teachers and staff and the a mazing impact that they've made in my kids lives! My daughter graduated after attending for 8 years and my son is starting 10th grade. Being a single parent, the school has helped me to raise my kids God's way and helped them learn skills for their furture.

Posted April 14, 2011

Both my children graduated from Freedom several years ago, and we couldn't be happier with the foundation that was established in them both spiritually and academically. Today they are both happily married and raising children, are living for the Lord and serving in their churches, and even in this tough economic climate they both have skills and work ethic that has enabled them to thrive and even be entrepreneurial. Their years at Freedom were a great experience for them, and we continue to be involved and supportive of Freedom as a family.

Posted April 1, 2011

I have a high school student at Freedom Christian School and we love this school. My child is being well prepared to enter the college of choice. The AP course work allows students to receive both college credit and high school credit. The dedication of the highly qualified staff is amazing! They truly care about whether their students have gained understanding of the subject being taught. If you are serious about your child's spiritual well being and their academics, this is the school for you!

Posted February 20, 2011

Also, they have a policy that is absurd for a so-called college-preparatory high school: a student who does not turn in an assignment on its due date, gets several chances to turn in said assignment. If he turns it in the next class day, the grade is reduced 10%. If he fails to do so again, it falls another 10%. When I was attending the school, one could be three class days late, receiving a 30% reduction. Any later, the grade became a zero. And yet another not so college-preparatory policy was that of make-up days. One day after every semester, each student gets a chance to retake tests and/or homework assignments. FCS is a great elementary private Christian school, but it's not at all a good high school. A high school student needs to be challenged, not babied. Life doesn't give as many "second chances." I have said all that I have to say, now pray as you decide whether or not to send your innocent child into this environment. Whatever decision you make, may God bless it. (Part 3)

Posted January 27, 2011

I've had three kids in this school for two years and they are thriving, both academically and spiritually. Before we found FCS I thought you had to compromise one or the other. There is such a spirit of excellence from the teachers and staff, definitely no compromise here! My kids cannot wait to go to school each day. Check out a school program to really get a sense of what FCS is about.

Posted January 27, 2011

I am a grandmother to 3 grandsons who attend Freedom Christian School. I have been fortunate enough to attend the amazing school programs, the special Grandparents Day, and see them interact with their teachers and fellow students when I occasionally pick them up. I am mother to 7 children some of whom attended private schools. I sincerely wish I had known about Freedom. There is a strong sense of purpose, love, and community when you walk on this campus. I can sense it! More importantly, I can see it! The teachers know and love all their students. They express, in a tangible way, the love of God while not just teaching academics (which includes French, Spanish, and Sign Language beginning in Kindergarten), but they also are imparting to the students in their care, an understanding of honor and respect - which is hard to find in many schools today. There is also a joy in this school! I know it is the joy of the Lord and it is not just talked about, it is lived. I highly recommend this school. Walk the campus, come to a program and you will absolutely know that this is a good place for a child to be!

Posted January 26, 2011

I am a teacher at Freedom Christian School and I am so grateful to be working here! I love coming to work everyday to help our students seek God and strive for excellence. This school is unlike any other; we value character as well as the student's education. As a teacher, I partner with the student and their parents to ensure their future success in college and in life.

Posted January 26, 2011

I am a teacher at this school and I love seeing God at work in the lives of my students. Freedom Christian School is a great school that focuses on spiritual, academic, and technological excellence in order to train up effective Christian leaders who will influence the world for Christ.

Posted January 25, 2011

We've been at the school for 10 years now and I can still say, "This is a great school!" The staff at the school connect with each student and provide a quality education. I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else! I would give them 10 stars, if possible!

Posted January 25, 2011

Fully accredited, caring staff, great coaches, high academic standards, I love this school and so do my kids!

Posted January 21, 2011

Freedom Christian School is a college prep school for K-12th grade. I have been a part of the staff team for 12 years now and have been astounded at how the staff work together to help every child succeed. I have seen many alumni come back to their teachers, thanking them for their college prep work. The elementary classes as well are very dynamic and have several extra classes such as Spanish, French, Sign Language, and Music. I recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to go to school in a family oriented environment.

Posted January 20, 2011

Freedom Christian School is a great K12 Christian School. My elementary aged kids attend there. They learn art, French, Spanish, Sign Language, and computers in addition to the core subjects. They have weekly Bible memory verses which keep me in the Bible with them. Also, they played on the basketball team and the soccer team. In the high school level, the school offers soccer, basketball, volleyball, and golf. I'm really looking forward to my kids playing golf! They'll also have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement classes in high school. If you are looking for a Christian school in the Sacramento area, check out Freedom Christian School at fcs-online.org.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Annette Coller
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7736 Sunset Avenue