Posted September 23, 2014
This is a horrible school, agree with the fact that the administration treats the students like inmates. Unfortunately the truth is probably many of them will be inmates. Drug and gang influence is high and caring from the staff is low. I regret sending my older children here, one of the biggest regrets I have as a parent. My younger children will not go here when they are freshmen. Sports and EC's are of little importance to students, coaches, and administration. It seems like the staff is afraid or indifferent because nothing ever changes here. If you love your kids and can give them other options you would be wise to do so.

Angelo Rodriguez High School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is AMAZING! I love it, I'm an honors student and I actually learn in the classes!

Posted November 22, 2013
This school is AMAZING! I am a freshman here and so far its a awesome experience! All my teachers are very helpful! Its a real fun school! Best school I've ever been to! :)

Posted November 20, 2013
when I first attended RHS I didn't really like it, but my junior year I started understanding what being a mustang was all ABOUT. I think the only reason im still at this school is because of the friendly teachers and the Music department, yes their music department is the best in FSUSD the band rocks and their jazz choir is just wow, well im about of the jazz choir. but I really love this school and people in it.

Posted July 31, 2013
I attended RHS as a freshman in the 2012-2013 school year as my own commitment to do so. I really enjoyed it here, but unfortunately, I don't enjoy many of my classes, especially outside of class that I am being threatened and hated for no reason of what I did at first during lunch from a girl that talks to me and I talk politely for example and things don't go well. I attended leadership, which is very positive with more citizenship and responsibility in this process. I am extremely upset in my academic literacy class that didn't went right for me to be successful because of bullying and distractions from most students. It doesn't matter about being an unsafe and dishonest person to anyone who doesn't deserve to be one. This is why things would be even more ugly. I would not recommend to attend this school in my opinion.

Angelo Rodriguez High School 2

Posted June 21, 2012
Upon our first impression, we believe communication is really lacking on behalf of the administration. We are trying to solve a problem for our son and are only incurring roadblocks.

Angelo Rodriguez High School 5

Posted January 06, 2012
I graduated from RHS about 3 years and all I have to say is that they have awesome AP classes/AP teachers. Taking all AP classes was a challenge, but passing them became an advantage in college especially for an Electrical Engineering major.

Posted August 17, 2010
I'm not sure were the person below obtained his/her figures but 200 out of 500 students not graduating does not sound accurate. Do you seriously think nothing would be done of 200 student didn't graduate? My daughter graduated 2 years ago from this school and did very well there. She is now beginning her third year at Cal State Long Beach and my son is a junior there now at Rodriguez. I have gone directly to the principal, Amy Gillespe, on a number of issues and she dealt with our issues in a very fair, prompt, professional manner. Being a principal is an extremely tough position and in my opinion she does an outstanding job and I'm glad we have her. At Rodriguez there are great teachers and some mediocre teachers but you are going to find that at all schools and the wrestling program is top notch!

Angelo Rodriguez High School 3

Posted June 16, 2010
For starters, nearly 200 of 500 SENIORS FAILED TO GRADUATE on June 3 2010. What does this tell you? The administration treats the students like inmates and sometimes uses scare tactics. Many of the kids complain about the lack of consistency and fairness regarding disciplinary action. Teachers are just like everywhere else, some good some bad, most scared to voice their opinion. Admittance to certain programs, such as honors and advanced classes is not done fairly. The school has implemented some criteria that has not been approved by the state but is more their own agenda. The leadership is poor, the principal is more the figurehead for the Vice Principal. The principal simply doesn t deal with important issues very well, for example the racial incident a couple of years ago hasn t resulted in any real changes. Don t let the API scores fool you. Scores aren't everything!

Posted February 01, 2010
Disappointed with their 'Zero Tolerance' Policy. Nothing was done to protect my child from being bullied.

Angelo Rodriguez High School
5000 Red Top Road, Fairfield, CA  94534
Last modified Angelo Rodriguez High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Angelo Rodriguez High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top