Fairfield, CA
Students enrolled: 2,240

Armijo High School 3

Posted August 11, 2014
I can not rate it yet i wanted to see what others are saying about it . My daughter is new to this school

Posted August 04, 2014
My experience has been with an honor student. The IB program is intense, but I believe that the program is great! I love the structure and support from all staff including the principal's. They are all very supportive. My son enjoys this school very much. He is looking forward to going to college everyday. He had to learn time management in order to keep up in the IB program. This program is not for all students and is not offered at all the schools. I was very happy with my son's first year of high school and that he was able to enjoy it! I love this school and have met many local dentist and doctors that went to this high school. That alone speaks volumes about this school and the students and staff to aim for success!

Posted April 10, 2014
This school is very impressive considering the surrounding neighborhood and the socioeconomically diverse population they have to work with. My son is attending, in his freshman year now, and I've been very pleased with the quality and dedication of all of his teachers. The kids who are motivated and want to work hard, do very well and can get into excellent colleges. There are many sports and other extracurricular activities available, including a leadership program, to add to the high school experience. Most of all, the IB program has attracted many quality students from all over Fairfield, as it is the only one of it's kind in the area. The IB program has a proven track record, preparing kids for the rigors of higher education, and is recognized by prestigious colleges and universities all over the country.

Posted February 11, 2014
The school is full of bullies and there is not much supervision. The academics is bad but for sure you can pray that your kid will turn out to be a fighter and hopefully will be able to defend himself. Good luck parents. We are getting out of Fairfield and this school fast, waiting for year to end.

Posted February 07, 2014
Armijo is NOT the SCHOOL for any kid looking to have a future. This school is run and operated similar to an adult education or continuation school for students who cant get it right and parents who never got it right. Kids here have no discipline and there is no leadership at this school. STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! It is in the best interest for your kid to not send them to a High School like this. Kids don't even feel safe going to this school. If I had any first hand knowledge I would have drove 10 miles out of the way to place my son in a safer environment where he can learn like Vanden High. Until this school gets new leadership and real resource police officer this school will continue to be on a downward spiral to NOWHERE!

Posted April 24, 2013
My first year of high school is going on right now. I am having a blast at Armijo. I am on a very successful track and cross country team with an incredible coach. I plan on it for all four years. Yes there is indeed a ghetto vibe with drugs and such. I think that as long as you stick with your buddies and stay out of obvious trouble then you should be good. Most teachers I thinka re really good. But there are always some who are horrible at teaching. This school has a lot of stuff that goes on for us and has so much to offer. I look forward to the rest of my high school years here :)

Armijo High School 4

Posted August 18, 2009
I would pick this school out of the rest! The only thing wrong is that it needs building improvements!! Just because it's not in the 'rich' Suisun Valley/Green Valley doesn't mean it should keep falling apart and getting overcrowded.

Posted May 30, 2009
I am a 2008 Graduate of Armijo High School currentlly attending California State University Sacramento, and I was a full diploma candidate of the IB Diploma. Armijo High School was by far the best part of my educational pursuits, based on the love and support of all my teachers and staff members. Also the coaches and sports teams, though they are average the coaches are excellent and they strive for student success and character building. Armijo High School is an excellent choice for any prospecting student, and in my opinion and the opinion of probably many Armijo Alumni and Parents, Armijo High School is the best high school in Fairfield. JDA

Armijo High School 3

Posted April 20, 2009
I agree with other parents that when it comes to the councilors and preparing for college, there is room for improvement. Although the IB program is a great way to prepare for college, the councilors have put my child in the incorrect classes to qualify for the IB program before. The school itself is pretty bland, however my child praises the homecoming dances. I still believe it is the best high school in the city thanks to its wide variety of school activities, the IB program, and the high amount of electives - more than any school in Fairfield! It's not nearly as violent as other high schools in the region, and there is an officer on campus at all times.

Posted March 11, 2009

Armijo High School
824 Washington Street, Fairfield, CA  94533
Last modified Armijo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Armijo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top