Folsom, CA

Carl H. Sundahl Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
If you have children that are well behaved, then DO NOT let them transfer here. I was a student here, and Carl Sundahl were my worst years. Only some teachers are pleasant and encouraging, but the problem here is, it's the rest of the staff that are rather ignorant and obnoxious, all they care about is the kids "talking" while they're talking (ok, I get it. They're trying to teach students polite manners, but the staff weren't forceful enough about it. The students just keep talking, not caring about the negativity between them and the staff). This school isn't fit for behavioral lessons. Although, the school is good for when your kids want to get hands on something, because they do offer science projects occasionally. I was never a troublemaker back then, but I just feel that the kids in my generation are still misbehaving a bit due to poor behavioral lectures back in their days. It was a good school, but I just hated being there. I am much happier in middle and high school.

Posted May 12, 2013
My daughter is a second grader in Miss Laricks class. Miss Larick is truely a rare and special find. My girl has gone from below grade level in reading to at or above with a new confidence and joy for learning. We are so grateful to Miss Larick for the love and devotion to learning she has instilled in our child along with team building and social skills! We are thrilled!

Posted May 13, 2012
Parent participation, PTA and Foundation make this such a wonderful school. We love this school and feel so happy to have the opportunity to go to such a small school. You really feel like it is a big family with people always willing to lend a hand.

Posted February 27, 2012
This school seemed to be a great choice for my boys. However as the years have gone by we have experienced a decline in the education being offered. Without the dedication and funds from the parents this school would be in serious trouble. The number of students in each class is NOT 17 to 1. In my child s class there are 33 students with 4 more second graders joining them for math, making the class size 37 to 1. There are not even enough desks for the students they sit on the floor in the back. There is no way the students are getting a substantial education with these numbers. The worst part is that none of the parents were ever informed about the number of student in the class during math. In addition not only are the class sizes large but they also have several special needs children that the district can no longer facilitate, placing an even greater demand on the teacher. The teachers at this school are great but with the current principal, this school is sadly declining. Several families have left this school to ensure their children s success. Don t expect to be heard when expressing your concerns to the Principal She will not listen and will NEVER admit when she is wrong!!!

Posted February 06, 2011
Parental Involvement and fundraising/support both financial and physical is abundant at this school...therefore not being affected by state cutbacks. The teachers we have experienced have required nothing short of dedication, determination and persistence from our students therefore making a huge academic difference in our sons progress throughout the year. The principal is extremely involved, accessible and supportive of her staff and parents. The programs the school offers both during and after give our children the whole academic exp. we strive for in an ideal schooling situation.

Posted October 05, 2010
My children had attended this school since 2001 and we have watched it slowly decline, especially the past 3 years. Most of the teachers are teaching to the STAR tests and teaching mainly to a "middle" group. Not much attention for advanced or challenged students. There are many older teachers who seem to be bitter and angry with all of the buget cuts and larger class sizes. In our opinion, they take it out on the kids. We got so tired of hearing "I don't have time to teach" from so many of them, we actually transfered our children out. If you have a child who doesn't require much teaching and you are happy with teachers who "assign", this school would be a great fit.

Posted August 20, 2010
I have had children at Carl Sundahl Elementary for the past 7 years. Every year we feel extremely fortunate that we live near such a fantastic school. Our children are getting a quality education from highly experienced teachers who care about building a community with the kids and parents. In addition the parent involvement at this school is off the charts. Fundraising efforts by the PTA and Foundation are incredible and have kept many programs from disappearing. Keep up the fantastic work!

Posted August 19, 2010
Teachers are the best....parents are totally committed and volunteer their time talent and assets the leadership the of the new principal the last few years is the only sad thing about the school.......

Posted July 03, 2010
We had a very bad experience with this school. We had to move our sons to a completely different district in order for them to enjoy school again. To this day my son says his worst year of school was at Carl Sundahl. :-(

Posted April 22, 2010
The teachers, parents, and other school staff are great. We love Carl Sundahl.

Carl H. Sundahl Elementary School
9932 Inwood Road, Folsom, CA  95630
Last modified Carl H. Sundahl Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl H. Sundahl Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top