No rating

Water Of Life Christian

Private | K-8 | 217 students

Living in Fontana

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $255,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Posted May 11, 2014

My son had been a student at this school for six years. He is now finishing the sixth grade. This school has amazing teachers... all the middle school teachers are by far the best :) but overall the teachers genuinely enjoy teaching and have a passion for Christ. I have been pleased in every aspect of the school and feel very blessed to have found this rare gym in Fontana. Any parent interested in this school.... call and set up a tour, that's what I did six years ago. Being a single mother; It was worth the financial sacrifice.

Posted April 11, 2014

My boy has been here 1.5 years now. We absolutely love it. I feel so blessed to have this close to our home and that my baby boy is here. We had to move out of town for a few months and he missed it so much. When I asked him why he missed it, he said, "because they love me." For a working mama that means the world to me. Everyone is very loving and dedicated to seeing our children grow. We are sooo glad to be back!.

Posted April 8, 2014

My kids having been coming to this school since they been in preschool. I love this school! One is in middle school and the other in elementary. This is bad I know, but I am constantly comparing this school to public schools that my family members have their kids go to. I have to say that they are equally as good if not better! I attribute this to their small class setting which allows the teachers for a more one on one teaching. My kids love this school and the teachers along with the rest of the school staff all so friendly and caring and encouraging!

Posted March 3, 2014

My children have attended this school for many years & we are very happy here. The academic structure is and the teaching of good Christian values & biblical knowledge is very good. The school truly cares about their students and it shows. The staff goes above and beyond to accomodate families.

Posted March 3, 2014

Love this school!!!! I think it is as close to perfect as it comes!! My kids feel loved, safe and are learning way beyond my expectations! God is working with the kids and teachers in this school at unbelievable levels! I would not even consider another school!

Posted December 11, 2013

We have been at this school for two years. Our experience at the preschool was fantastic. We decided to continue with this school for Kinder and have had the worse / nightmare experience a parent could image. The kinder students have very little supervision when they go to/from the restrooms (i.e. my child came home with a hand print on his face the first week of school - his teacher knew nothing about it. Further into the school year he was pushed to the ground by another student and the school never notified us). The students watch Netflix and Discovery Channel as part of their "normal" academics. The teacher is often absent or leaves school early. The students are supposed to have 'technology" class every Monday and at the parent-teacher conference his teacher informed us they have only gone once (during the 1st trimester) due to conflicting schedules or lacking teachers aid resources. The teacher has also let parents know how "overwhelmed" she feels with 22 kids in her class. The principle has no idea what is going on with his school or staff. Now that we are getting ready to leave, our encounters with the staff have been even more of a nightmare (argumentative staff).

Posted July 12, 2013

I was extremely excited about enrolling my son in the Kinder program at WOLCS (full day program, extended day care, chapel once a week, music, Spanish, and a push for Common Core...what more could a parent want?). Unfortunately, my excitement changed to frustration when I was told (by the principal) that my son would be a "detriment" to the Kindergarden classroom and it was thought that my son would not be able to receive instruction in a traditional classroom setting. The principal suggested that I have my son (4 years old) tested for ADHD and that WOLCS would not enroll him in the school until I provided proof of his assessment by a physician. I have taught public school since 2001 and know that a child needs to be observed in an academic setting before this "recommendation" can be made (NO ONE at WOLCS provided any academic instruction to my son to be able to make this recommendation). I also know that 4 years old is far too early to suggest that a child have ADHD & that NO physician will provide medication for a child so young. My thoughts were confirmed by the psychiatrist I took my son to see (he literally laughed when I told him I needed my sone screened for ADHD).

Posted March 7, 2013

My middle son went to Water Of Life from kinder through 5th grade. He's in high school now. My youngest son started here in preschool and is now in kinder. I love this school! Teachers are so nice & caring, working with each child individually according to their needs and character. Both my kids are so different, my middle son needing more patience, time, & tlc. My youngest more independent & quicker to learn. The spiritual impact the school provided for my children is priceless. The academic part has improved so much compare to when my middle son attended WOL so I do not want to go anywhere else. I also feel safe leaving my son under the care of the staff. I'm a paranoid mom & the security that WOL school takes to provide a safe environment gives me such a peace of mind, I am so grateful they are here, we are blessed to have such a wonderful Christian School.

Posted October 3, 2012

WOLCS including the preschool are both wonderful! Leslie Norman is extremely dedicated to the children and staff. There are two playgrounds, a computer lab, PE, spanish and music courses, dedicated teachers and a genuine care and love for each of the students. Parents are active and involved, volunteering in the classrooms, on field trips, staying for chapel and serving in other ways. Christian or not, you will find your child excelling academically and being very well rounded in a supportive environment. Two thumbs up.

Posted February 24, 2011

Amazing staff who really care for students success both acedemically and spiritually. Technology, music, foreign language and pe are offered as part of the weekly schedule. Now they offer middle school.

Posted December 1, 2010

Since I first started taking my oldest 2 yrs ago, I have enjoyed every teacher I have encountered. It is so important to my husband and myself that our girls know the value and importance of having Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Since our 2nd has started pre-school, she has blossomed. I love hearing our oldest come home excited from school because she memorized another Bible verse and wants to tell me it! The spiritual foundation that my girls receive at WOLCS is such an enormous blessing to me. I not only have a school that I can trust, with a loving and caring staff, I also have a partner in guiding my children in the faith and truth. A partner in laying their firm foundation in Christ Jesus and a partner in teaching them true Biblical values.

Posted October 19, 2010

Watching TV 1 day with my then 3rd grader, a commercial comes on about fortune-tellers. I thought to myself excellent opportunity to teach her . So I said Let s talk about fortune-tellers. Do you know what they are ? Her Response: Yes, dad. It s in Acts 16:16 I said really, get my bible . She did and we opened it up together and read vs. 16 30 Open your bible and read it. I though ah they must have just learned this . When I inquired she replied I learned this in second grade (1 year ago). I was blown away. To get this kind of foundation is priceless. She is now in 5th grade doing great. My 7th grader went to WOLCS K 5th grades and is now at an Etiwanda District School where she is an honor student. WOLCS prepared and educated her well! Plus, I have the confidence of knowing she has a solid foundation. Priceless!

Posted April 19, 2010

I feel very fortunate that my sister recommended WOLCS for my pre-schooler last year (her son was a student from kinder to grade 5). My personal experience with WOLCS has been and still is very positive. I read previous negative reviews about the academics. If there were issues before, these issues have been improved upon and the administration and staff have made great progress in addressing them. My son is reaping all the benefits of these wonderful improvements. He participates in the after school chess class they offer students at a reasonable price. I love his teachers and the staff. I can't say enough about the contribution they have made to my son's educational and spiritual growth. There is something to be said about having someone welcome my son to school every morning. thank you Miss J.! Thank you WOLCS for being there for our children.

Posted November 20, 2009

My children and I love Water Of Life. My husband recently fell very ill and the outpouring of care, love, and prayer that was given to my children while he was hospitalized gave me comfort that they were well cared for when I wasn't 100%. My Kindergartener is starting to say things in Spanish, due to the excellent Spanish instruction. My 2nd grader and kinder can both operate a computer from start to finish! Incredible! The level of learning is beyond comparison to public. Both PE and Music has helped my children excel in soccer and in musicality. The AR reading program is just one more bonus that I feel so grateful for. My kindergartener is reading books like 'Biscuit visits the big city (1st grade level) and it is only November. The office staff is caring and organized. There is plenty of notice for upcoming events. 100% top notch!

Posted November 16, 2009

This is now our 3rd year at Water of Life. Our daughter is now in 1st grade and has loved each one of her teachers and the school overall. She never wants to miss! Academically, I worry a bit if we may be behind a bit in some areas, however, not enough for me to think about moving her. My comfort level at WOL has been incredible. The efforts made for a safe environment are felt each day. The personal relationships with the office staff, the teachers and other families is incredible. I don't have a public school expereince to compare our situation to but I know our daughter being in a Christian environment everyday is exactly where we want her!

Posted November 14, 2009

I currently have a preschooler and a 1st grader at WOLCS. My first grader went through the preschool and Kinder. We love it. I have been a public school teacher for 13 years, and as a teacher I see great things at WOLCS. Being a public school teacher, I know that school has turned into all 'academic' and 'testing'. As a parent, I want my child well rounded. character is just as important, if not more important, than academic smarts. What will the world be like with just smart kids/adults, but no character? WOLCS helps develop character, morals, and of course Christian values and bible lessons. The staff has been caring and compassionate. There are several different after-school activities... my son does chess. He likes the hot lunches when he buys, and he even enjoys the day care after school when I am late. The Christian emphasis shines brightly!

Posted June 3, 2009

I first went to WOLCS and was waiting for a whole year on the waiting list for a position to open up for my daughter for pre-school. She got into the summer program and she loved it. The teacher was great and she had fun. In the fall i had gotten a new teacher to the school. The teacher wasnt what I had expected. My daughter was there for 6 months and still couldnt write her name and only knew a few letters. I has spoke with the pre-school director and she would not move her into another class. So I withdrew my daughter. Now being 6 months behind in school she is barely getting up to speed. I thought the situation could have been handled better but most of the teachers were great but i just got the bad one.

Posted August 22, 2008

Water of Life is an excellent school, with caring staff. My son has a very high level IQ, but also suffers from severe ADHD. His teachers have always gone the extra mile to challenge him academically, while nurturing him emotionally. There are some after school activities, but there is always room for improvement. The school now serves Pre-K through 5th grade, with small class sizes, and plenty of support staff. The office staff is amazing... how many secretaries can name each child in the school as they walk through the door in the morning? Tuition is reasonable, as are uniform costs. There is a large new library, a nice computer lab, and a brand new, large playground. The principal does not always seem to stay in close contact with teachers about classroom issues. He does try though. My son and I both love WOLCS!

Posted August 14, 2008

We love Water of Life! Superb Christian environment for our children to grow as well as wonderful academic programs. The office staff, teachers, and Administration are supportive, well informed, and take much pride in the teachings at their school! We have seen great accomplishments from WOL significantly over the years!

Posted November 27, 2007

My child has been at wolcs for awhile 7 years, i can honestly say that the staff is so unorganized and the principal is so busy doing other things he doesn't have time for what he needs to focus on. They really need to be more consistant. And follow there own handbook. For as much as the school charges for everything it's a joke. I don't know what the other parents are talking about my child doesn't even have a computer or library in his classroom. And i hardly say learning spanish via video is great, music class is also a joke, they have no musical instruments to practice with. And they have no playground. I would not recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a good christian school only if you want the title of 'christian'

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mr. Arden Schlecht
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (866) 875-8346

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious