Fountain Valley, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At LePort, we understand that deep knowledge and strong thinking skills are a foundation upon which to educate the whole child. Both inside and outside the classroom, we guide our students as they build strength of character and learn personal, social and life skills. Personal development at LePort is not a separate subject taught as an abstract lecture; instead, lessons are learned as part of the little daily decisions that make up the routine of life itself. Our emphasis is on practical coaching, modeling and guidance, so children experience the moral lessons and skills as relevant to their lives, and apply them right away. We have a zero tolerance for bullying and we treat any incidence of bullying very seriously. We are very proud of the supportive, benevolent environment that we ve created here at LePort Huntington Pier. Our teaching staff closely monitors all student interactions, both in the classroom and on the playground. Furthermore, every teacher receives training and ongoing support in how to redirect inappropriate behaviors and guide students to respect others and themselves. We pride ourselves on modeling and cultivating character, and in providing a safe, warm environment that brings out the best in every student. You can read more about our approach to personal development here: http://www.leportschools.com/what-we-teach/personal-development/ Most importantly, we invite you to visit our campus; sit in our classrooms or observe recess time, and experience for yourself the atmosphere of joy and respect that is an integral part of our learning environment.
May 28, 2013

Posted April 21, 2014
I was looking for the highest level of education with a rigorous curriculum, taught in a way that engages my child so he wants to learn. My son went to our local public elementary school, which is a good school, but I wanted something more. Somewhere after realizing I was always telling myself he is doing ok, I realized that ok was not good enough, I wanted better. While looking into private schools and being accepted to another private school I came across Leport s new campus that went up to grade 8th, I went, looked around, talked to the head of the school and each teacher, and after being put on a wait list then getting the call they had an opening we had to make a decision, we choose Leport. My child is now eager to learn again and while he always loved going to school, at Leport it is not just the social aspect he likes about school, he actually enjoys learning and has made the biggest leap in just one year. I look at the work he brings home today and see the difference. He happily talks about what he is learning with an excitement in his speech that is truly impressive. I know he is learning what he needs to learn and they are an open book on what and how they teach.

Leport School Fountain Valley 1

Posted April 12, 2014
Terrible school, don't believe the hype (and it is ALL hype). LePort uses slick marketing to make themselves look good but there is no substance there. The children are not learning what they tell you they are. It was much better when it was a Carden school. Run don't walk to any other school!

Posted February 26, 2014
I enrolled my son at age four and a half after a challenging year at another school. It was the best decision to make the change to Le Port. Within just a few short weeks I saw tremendous positive behavior changes in him. In addition, his increased knowledge in math, love and want for reading and writing has flourished. The "works" they present create his love of learning and increase his independence which reaches far beyond the classroom, it of course spills into our home life making it more positive in numerous ways. His main teachers, Mrs. Tryon and Mrs. Espinoza take such time and effort with him. They speak to all the students with much care and love. I really can't say enough good things about the entire staff and environment!

Posted February 04, 2014
My son is now in his second year at this amazing facility. The ever-cheerful office staff are always friendly and helpful. The individualized attention that is given to the children is remarkable. We parents have constant updates from the school. From a weekly newsletter and folder of current work to view, to personal emails from the teachers. This omnipresent communication is one of the outstanding aspects of Le Port. The teachers have an enthusiastic approach to their lessons and this fervent attitude brings the best out of the children. Le Port rocks !

Posted January 25, 2014
Le Port Huntington Pier has been a wonderful, active learning experience for our three boys who attend the upper elementary school. It is the soundest feeling, as a parent, to take your children to school and know that their day will be full of engaged learning, positive teacher mentorship, and thoughtful discussion with teachers and friends. The teachers and administration are incredibly supportive and help to facilitate the love of learning for our children. Our children spend more awake time during the days of the week with their teachers and to know that our children respect and admire their teachers and genuinely look forward to going to school everyday speaks volumes for these educators. I highly recommend Le Port Huntington Pier for a valued education that will help prepare an excellent academic foundation and encourage a positive self-esteem in your child's growth and development.

Posted January 15, 2014
Great schools Pier campus My son has gone to Leport since he has been 2 years old. Originally he was at Kindercare from 3 months old until we moved into Leport. I wanted a Montessori school, as I did not want him just running around and screaming with no direction in a preschool program at a daycare facility. When he was a baby basically you need someone to take care of them while you are work, so that is why we originally chose a daycare place like Kindercare, but when he got older and needed to learn, I wanted him to learn respect, patience, order, in a calmer environment. Montessori environment works very well for boys. He started in the toddler program, now he is in the preschool program. The Montessori method of teaching focuses on developing a child's learning through their interests. It has a small family atmosphere and the teacher to class size is small. Everyone on the staff at the Pier campus is SO nice and friendly. We are keeping him in this school for Kindergarten, as public school kindergarten is only 3 hours a day and then you need before and after school care. Here they are in school all day from 8:30-3, then have after care right on campus.

Posted January 14, 2014
We love this school, its faculty, curriculum and the general environment. We have watched our daughter thrive here. Our favorite teacher is Ms. D'Penha. She is dedicated, kind, warm, loving, highly qualified, and just a pleasure all around. Leaving our daughter with her each morning is easy because of the trust we have in her ability to educate the children in the Montessori philosophy of early childhood education. We have watched our child thrive at this school and we are grateful to them every day. If you're looking for a great school for your child, look no further!! You've found it. See you at LePort! Darya's mom

Posted January 14, 2014
Our daughter is a student for over one year now and we are confident she will remain there throughout her early education. We are big believers in the Montessori way of life, especially of childhood development. It has been the best decision we could have made for her development, education, and future. She thrives here daily. Their secret? Their faculty! Every one of the staff here is devoted to these children and passionate about their work. The smiles on their faces speak volumes. Our son went to a different Montessori school in town, and I can safely say nowhere else are the teachers and staff this vested and in-tune with the well-being of each and every child, every moment of every day. The curriculum is designed with care and with the Montessori mindset which creates a loving yet disciplined, open yet structured learning environment where the students thrive as they learn grace, courtesy, independence & an innate love for learning. We love it here and in a world where quality isn't as valuable as it should be, I am thrilled we have found this little treasure of a school, to ensure our daughter has the best chances for success, with a solid Montessori education.

Posted January 14, 2014
Mark and I are thrilled with the Montessori education our child is receiving at this school. We are pleased daily with her progress, and with the dedication and commitment of the teachers here. They truly care about our kids and it's evident in their actions daily. We love Ms. Stewart, the director of the school. No doubt her leadership is one key reason for the school's incredible learning environment where the students can truly thrive and maximize their potential in learning and develop an innate love for it. Thank you team LePort! We love you.

Posted June 27, 2013
I am one of the Le Port Parents who started my four year old son at the Pier Campus last April. I have had the great pleasure meeting Ms Vanessa Stewart and was amazed how powerful, kind, wise, attentive, and caring this lady was from the moment I met her. She is truly a strong asset for Le Port. I believe if you had more of Ms Stewart, your school would be booming by now! I am sure we both realize how very challenging it is to take over a new campus, develop it, and at the same time manage the marketing aspect of this new school and Ms Stewart is doing it all beautifully. I approached her in numerous occasions with LOTS of questions and concerns, and every time she made sure that she found time for me in her VERY busy schedule and addressed all my questions and concerns. She is the reason that I put my four year old son in Le Port and I am considering to put my 8 year old son at Le Port too; even though it will be a financial stretch for my family. Because of Vanessa, the staff at the Pier; especially, the front desk girls, Kelly and Dennis, are wonderful as well. They are also welcoming, smiley, and attentive.

Leport School Fountain Valley
9790 Finch Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA  92708
Last modified Leport School Fountain Valley is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Leport School Fountain Valley Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top