878 students|Fremont Unified

Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2014
Great school with great teachers. Mrs. Uriu is wonderful teacher. She is excellent. I wish if we could get more teacher like her the school will have 100 API.

Posted September 24, 2013
The students in the school are great with enthusiastic support from many parents and teachers. This is a school with a lot of devoted teachers.

Posted September 17, 2013
Ardenwood Elementary is a great community of families all striving to make sure that the children get the most diverse, enriching, fulfilling and enjoyable educational experience that can be provided.

Posted August 04, 2013
My children has had a wonderful educational experience at Ardenwood as well have I. The teachers are receptive and knowledgable and the staff is understanding and helpful. My children understand that both I and thier teachers have high expections of them. Ardenwood children receive non-academic enriching activities such as music, sports, festivals and carnivals. They do not know have priviledged they are, but I do and I applaud the Ardenwood Elementary Village for helping me to raise my children.

Posted July 26, 2013
Great school! My daughter was in 4th grade when we moved here 4 years ago. At first she was very resistant about moving to another school, but soon found out that she loves this new school much better than the old one. Her reasons-- she has more friends with the same intellectual level, and the school has more short breaks that gives her energy. Most teachers are good. The most important thing is the environment. Families help each other in many ways. From volunteering in classrooms to help out in the math clubs; from driving to field trips to forming carpooling groups when the kids go to junior high... I am touched by the inter-racial cooperation in this school. It's a warm place to be, and to remember, both for me and my two kids.

Posted April 14, 2013
Other people should know a million terrible things about this school. For one, their school is disgusting, as a previous student, I will tell you the truth. 1. I have literally seen teachers shouting at students over spilled milk 2. SOME of the yard duties allow misbehavior 3. Teachers only care about the money 4.Their P.E situation is impossible, who can stand that teacher! -------------------------------------------- I would like some changes in this school.... . Teachers are tested that they are not raciest . Teachers don't smoke on campus, or stop anyone who does . No high heels allowed at the school ------------------------------------

Posted January 23, 2013
I would call this school, very bad. I went here for 2 1/2 years. The first teacher was very mean, and insulting. The second teacher was very nice. The third, was a nightmare. All the 'smart" kids (3.5 GPA or higher) got no homework and all regular kids were treated good. When a kid would be absent, she would talk behind their backs. All the kids parents are very competitive. So they will all go to the class to help out and suddenly when the kid who's grades were like 1.0 would go up to 4.0. But I will say one thing about this school, their after school band is extremely wonderful. Overall, this school is very competitive.

Posted January 10, 2013
I don't know why people ask about foreign languages in this school. If you want your kids to speak or write foreign languages, teach them yourself. My kids love the school, they like to go to school, they like their friends, the students there and their teachers. What else do you expect from a school? Yes, we have to spend time to tutor them on their homework and pay attention on how they behave in school per teachers feed back (and they do). Parents who complain about this school, just move your kids somewhere else, life is easy, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and take your kids with you.

Posted October 23, 2012
I just called the school this morning and was answered by one of the operator/staff. When I asked her about if computer classes were offered, she said curtly, "uh, No". I asked if the school offers language classes ie Spanish or Mandarin. She said again curtly, "no, this is an elementary school". I told her there are elementary schools within the district which teach foreign languages (Vallejo Mills, Arzeveda has a mandarin immersion program, schools in the Mission district of Fremont offer foreign languages. When I mentioned that elementary schools can offer foreign languages, she barked back, "only a couple". I was impressed by the high api score at this school, but turned off by that female staff's defensive and rude responses and tone. All she had to say was "no we do not offer computer/technology classes", "no we don't offer foreign language classes" and that would have been okay. Her tone was defensive and cold.

Posted October 03, 2012
The school is excellent. The staff is very dedicated and many of the parents are very involved.

Ardenwood Elementary School
33955 Emilia Lane, Fremont, CA  94555-2068
Last modified Ardenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.