Fresno, CA

Hamilton Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2011
Our son went K-6 here. They are on their 3rd principle whom we don't particularly like. She has a rather harsh attitude and has nexed most of the art learning projects that the kids used to do as part of their studies. She seems to have taken the fun out of this magnet school. There are a lot of good teachers here but the new principle has clipped their wings the last couple of years. Without good leadership great teachers will get frustrated and move on. They are sometimes overwhelmed with the # of students, especially in 6th grade. The students rotate between 3 teachers for their core subjects and I think this takes its toll on the teachers. There is one teacher who will try to fit your child into a learning box and if they don't fit, will easily label them with a disorder du jour. Unfortunately this teacher is still there.

Posted November 03, 2008
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Hamilton. Her teacher is outstanding and makes all the children feel welcome and good about themselves. The work sent home is good and helps my daughter catch on quickly. I like the programs offered at Hamilton and also the opportunity for fund-raising. I am not very pleased with the office staff. On several occasions I called the school before my daughter started to speak with them about the after school programs offered. They told me to sign my daughter up when school starts. When I enrolled her I was told that the names had already been picked for the after school prog and I was too late. I had to drop a class at FSU because of this!

Posted October 29, 2008

Posted June 19, 2008

Hamilton Elementary School 0

Posted June 17, 2008
I have been impressed by the dedication and the commitment of the teachers. My child has received a great education. Museum night is the best!

Posted December 08, 2007

Hamilton Elementary School 5

Posted June 07, 2007

Hamilton Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2006
Great expanse of culture and the arts w/new charter school status. My children love Hamilton, their teachers and the staff. There are issues with the 'special needs' of children that need refining,if your child doesn't fit into the standard learning box. Overall, we feel loyal to the school and find it to be diverse and blossoming in most areas..ie, academically, in positive social learning and cooperation skills the children are exposed to and with the dedication of most teachers and staff. More sports programs could be benefical and are needed in my opinion, for the sake of school spirit and pride. Parents, overall are concerned and involved people, dedicated to seeing the children thrive in all areas. There is always room for improvements in most school settings and protocol, but I have recognized that Hamilton is evolving/growing into better each year, not remaining stagnant & is willing to address issues.

Posted May 10, 2005
I have two girls attending Hamilton, and I have found the experience both frustrating and rewarding at times. My third grader had three different teachers in the first quarter! This was frustrating to say the least, but Mr. Gettman, the principal, was extremely understanding and supportive. Her instructors, however, were less so. I am greatly concerned about the quality of education, which to me is more than just 'reading and arithmetics.' I did not experience this with my other daughter.

Posted August 30, 2004
My child has been going here for 3 years. I am not impressed with the teachers. They don't seem to have the child's education at heart. The office doesn't seem to be able to keep up with children's absences or notes brought in.

Hamilton Elementary School
102 East Clinton, Fresno, CA  93704
Last modified Hamilton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top