Posted October 11, 2013
My son has been a Hamilton Road Runner since day one and I have to say that I have been thoroughly impressed with the leadership despite the change in Administrators over the course of time that my son has been there. All of the Administrators have demonstrated that they have the support of their faculty/staff which in turn reaps great rewards for the student both in/out of the classroom. The school is well kept (despite its current state of improved renovations). The administration has done a great job of informing parents of timelines and kids are kept. safe in the environment. Since I too, work in an academic environment, I have complete confident in this school's ability to produce positive outcomes for my son and I will continue to recommend this school to other parents in the neighborhood that I live in (Fresno HS) and endorse its stong academic climante.

Posted August 20, 2013
Hamilton is the best magnet school in FUSD! Principal Jones is incredible! He is changing the school from the last principal who was awful. Lots of positive changes. Upward and onward! Go Hurricanes!!!!

Posted June 10, 2013
Hamilton has bad teachers & good teachers. The good teachers are blessings, overlooked by the bad. We've had both. There are 3, 1st grade teachers. One will move to transitional kindergarten next year. One is a blessing and another not so good. In 2nd grade, there is a teacher just like the bad 1st grade teacher. These teachers are not fair to the students and try to label the kids. If the kids don't fit a box, they make up something that is wrong with your kid. Homework packages are issues mid week, spelling tests are not given consistently. Time tests are not given consistently. Only when teacher feels like giving the tests. They use these measures to give quarter awards. If they finish their seat work first, they pull a card for finishing TOO FAST or even using the bathroom. Check your kids homework if you get these teachers. They are notorious for marking their work wrong if they can't read it, regardless if it's right. - If you get Mrs Smith for 1st grade or Mrs Hanakada for 2nd grade, YOU'RE BLESSED! These are incredible teachers, who treat the kids fair, don't label them. The 1st grade teachers are given the same curriculum. It's up to the teachers to make it fun & useful.

Posted June 04, 2013
My daughter and son loves Hamilton! They have attended here since Kindergarten and loved it. My son got accepted into Manchester but we decided to not put him in. He wanted to stay with his friends and he was put in Mrs Pounds enrichment class. He learned foreign language and music in 2nd and 3rd grade. My son will be attending Edison Computech for 7th and 8th grade. My daughter at Hamilton for 2 more years. A lot of their friends will go to computech and University High. I am rating parent involvement 4 stars because each year I see more parents involved. Love it here.

Posted June 03, 2013
My son is graduating 8th grade from Hamilton. The Principal before was TERRIBLE! I can't express that enough! Middle school kids got away w/ so much, parents requested teachers. You can't now. That's a good thing. The Principal now is amazing! We needed him when my son was in elementary. The start of 8th grade we requested a teacher, didn't get it because of this. This year we have seen less negativity on the playground, less bullying and more kids in troubled for what they use to get away with. Oh, don't go through the office staff. They do not have credentials like teachers or the principal/vice principals. They don't know what your child needs regarding curriculum. They are hired for their job. Office staff has been notorious for losing my sons doctor notes through the years. Yes! This school needs more parents involved! Don't let lack of speaking English stop you from being involved with your child's education. Don't let the office staff or even teachers discourage you! Your child needs you! I speak Spanish, my first language and they tried to discourage me through the years. Good luck to Hamilton and the future Hurricanes! We are excited to be Warriors.

Hamilton Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2011
Our son went K-6 here. They are on their 3rd principle whom we don't particularly like. She has a rather harsh attitude and has nexed most of the art learning projects that the kids used to do as part of their studies. She seems to have taken the fun out of this magnet school. There are a lot of good teachers here but the new principle has clipped their wings the last couple of years. Without good leadership great teachers will get frustrated and move on. They are sometimes overwhelmed with the # of students, especially in 6th grade. The students rotate between 3 teachers for their core subjects and I think this takes its toll on the teachers. There is one teacher who will try to fit your child into a learning box and if they don't fit, will easily label them with a disorder du jour. Unfortunately this teacher is still there.

Posted November 03, 2008
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Hamilton. Her teacher is outstanding and makes all the children feel welcome and good about themselves. The work sent home is good and helps my daughter catch on quickly. I like the programs offered at Hamilton and also the opportunity for fund-raising. I am not very pleased with the office staff. On several occasions I called the school before my daughter started to speak with them about the after school programs offered. They told me to sign my daughter up when school starts. When I enrolled her I was told that the names had already been picked for the after school prog and I was too late. I had to drop a class at FSU because of this!

Posted October 29, 2008

Posted June 19, 2008

Hamilton Elementary School 0

Posted June 17, 2008
I have been impressed by the dedication and the commitment of the teachers. My child has received a great education. Museum night is the best!

Hamilton Elementary School
102 East Clinton, Fresno, CA  93704
Last modified Hamilton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top