Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Hamilton Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2015
There are some awesome teachers at this school, one being Mrs. Kaufmann 4th grade. My K and 1st grader still attend this school. I did however like Mr Jones better, but this is a transition period and some quick judgments will happen. I also wanted to reply to the parent that said they did not inform the parents of the new policy change, as they did inform parents by phone well before school started. It is very important to have the correct phone number on file at the school for such incidences. Mrs. Rose 1st grade seems to be a very caring and strict teacher, but in a good way. I really like this school and give 4 stars instead of 5 because of the change of principles.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 27, 2015
Mrs. Kafmann will go well beyond her duty as a teacher. Thank you Mrs. Kaufmann keep up the good work.

Hamilton Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2015
Ever since the new principal, Ms. Marquez, has been there this school is going down hill. Marquez's lack of communication and constant desire to make a name for herself at the expense of the children is frightening. The school actually lost my child ( and a few others) for about 30 minutes thanks to Marquez's new pick up policies, which she did not communicate to parents prior to implementing them.It was so frightening. I pulled my son out immediately and FUSD got me an inter-district transfer that same day. Beware!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 18, 2015
Being that many of the great teachers have left since Mrs. Marquez has come on board, I cannot say that the teachers are effective as many of them are substitutes. There are a few good teachers hanging in there, but I doubt they will be able to put up with the new administration for long.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 18, 2015
The good teachers are all leaving the school since Mrs. Marquez became principal. There are a few hanging in there, but not as many as they used to have.

Hamilton Elementary School 1

Hamilton Elementary School 3

Posted September 21, 2011
Our son went K-6 here. They are on their 3rd principle whom we don't particularly like. She has a rather harsh attitude and has nexed most of the art learning projects that the kids used to do as part of their studies. She seems to have taken the fun out of this magnet school. There are a lot of good teachers here but the new principle has clipped their wings the last couple of years. Without good leadership great teachers will get frustrated and move on. They are sometimes overwhelmed with the # of students, especially in 6th grade. The students rotate between 3 teachers for their core subjects and I think this takes its toll on the teachers. There is one teacher who will try to fit your child into a learning box and if they don't fit, will easily label them with a disorder du jour. Unfortunately this teacher is still there.

Hamilton Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2008
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Hamilton. Her teacher is outstanding and makes all the children feel welcome and good about themselves. The work sent home is good and helps my daughter catch on quickly. I like the programs offered at Hamilton and also the opportunity for fund-raising. I am not very pleased with the office staff. On several occasions I called the school before my daughter started to speak with them about the after school programs offered. They told me to sign my daughter up when school starts. When I enrolled her I was told that the names had already been picked for the after school prog and I was too late. I had to drop a class at FSU because of this!

Posted June 17, 2008
I have been impressed by the dedication and the commitment of the teachers. My child has received a great education. Museum night is the best!

Hamilton Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2006
Great expanse of culture and the arts w/new charter school status. My children love Hamilton, their teachers and the staff. There are issues with the 'special needs' of children that need refining,if your child doesn't fit into the standard learning box. Overall, we feel loyal to the school and find it to be diverse and blossoming in most areas..ie, academically, in positive social learning and cooperation skills the children are exposed to and with the dedication of most teachers and staff. More sports programs could be benefical and are needed in my opinion, for the sake of school spirit and pride. Parents, overall are concerned and involved people, dedicated to seeing the children thrive in all areas. There is always room for improvements in most school settings and protocol, but I have recognized that Hamilton is evolving/growing into better each year, not remaining stagnant & is willing to address issues.

102 East Clinton, Fresno, CA  93704-5315
Last modified Hamilton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top