Fresno, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Malloch is a great school with lots to offer. In the last few years we have opened science and computer labs which are teacher led to support the instruction taking place in the classroom. Along with Write Tools implementation school-wide we are paving the way with Common Core instructional techniques. To help promote a well-rounded child we have an elective wheel which allows all students to participate in Arts and Activities such as music (Band, Strings, Choir, and Recorders), art classes, science classes(dissection and discovery), language classes (Spanish, French, sign-language) and so much more. We have an incredibly involved parent community that has helped to offer these programs in spite of the hard economic times. We do have students who attend some of the great Magnet Schools available in the district, however, our enrollment is up with students wanting to transfer in. Finally, with all the great things we have to offer, we can always do better. Any direct feedback or suggestions is much appreciated so I can address the concerns. Please email or call any time. Go MUSTANGS!!!
October 12, 2012

Posted June 09, 2014
I love Mrs.Stefano she is friendly and always looks for books my kids are interested in. Daphne is helpful, funny, and has a pleothra of knowledge. I love to visit with her and always brings a smile to my face. Ms. Whittinghill deeply cares for her students and puts in 100 percent. Kim M.

Malloch Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2014
The teaching staff can be very rude. The office staff is even worse. I have to spend several hours daily teaching my daughter what the teacher should have taught them before the homework was given. I dont mind helping my daughter one bit but when she tells me the teacher tells her to put her hand down when she has questions there's something wrong. The office staff has constantly lost doctors notes.this might not sound annoying but last year we went out of town to a funeral where I was called everyday I was gone telling my daughter was out of school. Yes, I know she is out if school. I told them we would but the continued to harass me daily about it, and to call daily while someone is mourning can become very frustrating . The principal is about the only good thing in this school. He is very involved and always trying to improve various things around the school. I will update as my daughter gets new teachers with more reviews.

Posted September 26, 2013
I love this school. I love all of the effort being made by all the teachers and their assistants. Mr. Zoller and Mrs. Schrey and really good too and I love their professionalism. The staff in the office to be honest, Daphney, is not always friendly and yes she can be rude but she does know what she is doing in there and I can't say I would pull out my kids just because of one person. Besides, in two other schools I've had to deal with i had the same experience that office managers are just rude and unfriendly. This is a wonderful school (yes there are lots of snobs for us to deal with) but my kids are going to get a great education and here they will all stay until middle school so God help us we will see a lot of eachother for years and years to come as my baby is in TK. I am involved in their school I do what I can and parents should try to do the same and don't judge the teachers and rest of the staff based on one person in the office.

Malloch Elementary School 5

Posted August 19, 2013
This will be our second year at Malloch, coming from a school that is downtown. I appreciate Malloch and it's staff. I think it's a great school with a great staff. The office staff has to deal with an adverse crowd of parents and students and I think they do a great job. I have been in the office and have witnessed some interactions with the office staff and parents. There are some very demanding and rude parents, so rude that I give much respect to the staff for being patient and respectful to those parents. This is a great school who tries their best to provide a great education for your children. I love that the principle thinks out of the box and goes above and beyond for his students. He expects his students to be respectful, well behaved and ready to learn. The teachers are great and the curriculum is challenging. They do a great job at providing an education for your child and ensuring they have all the right tools. Malloch is a great school to send your kids to learn, they will receive a great education!! I have to say I love the elective wheel and science labs.

Malloch Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2013
I think it is very unfortunate that no one has a nice thing to say about the office help. That is the first person you see and deal with. She should be friendly and inviting and not only to those that she likes. I have heard this about the office staff and have experienced it myself. You need to do something about that. Many people would be fired from their jobs for treating people that way. Is this this the experience that you want people to remember your school by? Don't be afraid to demand a change. Mallouch was a great school, make it that again, so parent's leave their children there.

Malloch Elementary School 1

Posted June 07, 2013
The office staff is RUDE period! I can not believe how I am treated every time I have to go in there. I hate making trips into the office it's so unpleasant. Something needs to be done about the staff's horrible behavior and fast. I am lucky that it is my oldest sons last year at Malloch, however I do have a younger son attending and may be pulling him out as well.

Malloch Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2012
I agree that with the last review that the office staff does have a difficult job . I however believe that PARENTS of Malloch students job is far more difficult.Especially when they are made to deal with ( some...not all) unfit teachers and yes at times..."Unfriendly" office staff. Policies can not serve there purpose when they are not implemented consistently by all staff. I know of Parents who are genuinely concerned with there child's education who are finding it very difficult ( myself included) to find remedies to basic issues and be involved overall. My opinion is "The Proof is in the pudding" Malloch attendance has fallen sharply because parent's are steadily pulling there children out of Malloch to send them else ware.

Malloch Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2012
I for one think the office staff has a difficult job of dealing with a lot of "rude" parents. I have witnessed parents who don't like what they hear (i.e., an answer to a question regarding policy, etc.) and then they become VERY rude with the office staff. I'm sure this would get very trying for anyone. My motto is if you treat others with respect, you get it back in return. Maybe more parents need to give this a try. I give the school the 5 Stars but only 3 for my fellow parents.

Posted March 27, 2012
I have to agree with the other parents, here at malloch the school is very competitive and the office staff is not at all friendly, they are very rude. My children have attended malloch for the past 2 years and the teachers are great and the principle is very involved with the students and seems to relate to them. Overall as long as you dont have to make a trip to the office or ask for help from the office staff, this is a great school.

Malloch Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2011
My child went to Malloch for a couple years. It's in a great neighborhood but if people keep pulling their kids out, it's going to be like Powers-Ginsburg, kind of on a decline. If all the parents in Old Fig simply sent their kids to Powers-Ginsburg it would be a great neighborhood school, but once parents start pulling their kids out en masse at the first sign of a problem, it quickly becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, a mediocre, neglected school in a great neighborhood. It's true the office staff can be difficult -- the extent of that problem has become almost legendary. It's true the principals have turned over quickly, although hopefully there will be some stability now. It's true the teachers are good, but stressed and retiring if they can, and the class sizes are getting huge and ridiculous (although that's true all over the state). We moved out of the area, but I encourage all parents who live in this great area to continue to send their kids to the neighborhood school, or else it's going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy and everyone who can, will send their kids to Forkner or Manchester. That would be a shame.

Malloch Elementary School
2251 West Morris Avenue, Fresno, CA  93711
Last modified Malloch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Malloch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top