No rating

Carden School of Fresno

Private | K-8 | 155 students

Living in Fresno

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $139,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Sweep tile

Posted June 23, 2013

Carden school of Fresno is one of the best schools in Fresno unlike St Anthony and Granite Ridge Carden's teacher teach important lessons that will help you succeed in life. When I went to Carden in 7th grade the teachers were wonderful especially the teacher in the English Department who revealed all interesting novels such as Hemingway, Stevens and Bradbury. When your child goes to our school he will be prepared for his journey to high school and beyond and will be ahead of all the other children, our 8th grade of 2013 class scored post high school. Off all my 3 years of going to Carden I would like to say thank you to the principals for the timeless effort to make our school great. Former Student

Posted November 14, 2010

My child transition to public school, but math was below for acceptance to Algebra, despite getting A's at Carden

Posted July 7, 2009

My four year daughter completed the Carden JK 3/4 year old program in June. She is a very active outgoing child so when we enrolled her we were concerned about her ability to sit still and learn in the Carden environment. Not only did she excel she can't wait to get back there next year.

Posted April 6, 2009

Carden is an excellent academic school. However, they push the children to advance above their abilities. It is done too early in their development. We found our daughter exceeding academically but being so overwhelmed that she did not enjoy school at the age of 4. Moreover, there is not enough emphais on other aspects of learning to make a child complete. Carden needs to be careful of it's strict expectations. There are ways to make learning enjoyable!

Posted March 10, 2009

I have both of my children at Carden, and I was a student of Carden myself from K-8th grade. I can't say enough great things about this school. The teachers are fantastic, and the curriculum is far superior to any other I've seen. Not only are my children performing well above grade level (and loving their studies), but their schooling reinforces the values we teach at home: discipline, ethics, hard work, and being well-rounded. I think it's rare to find these attributes, especially combined with a warm, loving atmosphere. Carden School does exactly that. I would recommend this school wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a top-notch education for their child.

Posted January 21, 2009

I have 2 children that attend Carden School of Fresno. I have nothing but praise for the teachers and staff of this school. The curriculum is challenging and it keeps my children stimulated. I also completely believe in the current parent run school board. What attracted me to the school was the fact that the school has a strict code of conduct. It isn't for everybody but if you want a structured well disciplined jump start on your childs future, I recommend you send them to Carden.

Posted June 10, 2008

I am a recent graduate from Carden School of Fresno. While at Carden, I seldom realized the outstanding material I was learning. After graduating from Carden in 2008, I took SAT I. You can not believe how simple most of the questions were to me, because of my background as a Carden student. You will not regret sending your child to this school. After your child's journey at Carden, he/she will be as proud as I am when we say 'I am a Carden School of Fresno student.'

Posted June 10, 2008

I am a recent graduate from Carden School of Fresno. While at Carden, I seldom realized the outstanding material I was learning. After graduating from Carden in 2008, I took SAT I. You can not believe how simple most of the questions were to me, because of my background as a Carden student. You will not regret sending your child to this school. After your child's journey at Carden, he/she will be as proud as I am when we say 'We are Carden School of Fresno's students.'
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 3, 2008

Carden has taught my son so much, he's has learned so much, his mind gets challenge every day. Small classes make it easier for teachers to interact more with each students. great school highly recommended to anyone who wants their child to reach their full potential.

Posted December 27, 2007

great education, although the classroom for Pre-K was a bit cramped in the bungalow

Posted September 12, 2007

Our daughter has attended COS since kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. As parents we notice that, as a rule, Carden students reflect the school's emphasis on character and individual responsibility. We have always been impressed with the way even the oldest students relate to our daughter. This school maintains a high academic standard and is easy to recommend. Don't be put off by the sub-standard facilities.

Posted July 23, 2007

My husband and I are both professionals and we have found Carden's reputation to be greatly exaggerated. Carden has some talented teachers, but the leadership has been, at best, problematic. The school is also quite weak in its science curriculum.

Posted April 16, 2007

Carden offers a terrfic academic experience. Carden is a school where the child comes first the school strives for academic excellence and is a safe nurturing enviroment. The teachers are terrific, kind aknowledgeable and [caring]. The Director is a the reason we enrolled. She educated us on the Carden Method and how it can bring out the best in our children. The one draw back I see is the parent run board which can seems to on ocasion put their childs interest above the good of the school.

Posted June 30, 2006

Great caring nututing enviroment. Provides a holistic learning experince benefiting the whole child. Terrific teachers, Director is wonderful, Music program is outstanding, French Teacher is great, Wonderful gym teacher. Jsut a great enviroment!

Posted June 19, 2006

Carden School has been a great disapointment. It's true that there are some fabulous teachers, but the overall curriculum is inferior to the public schools (with the exception of language arts).

Posted June 10, 2006

Absoultly a great educaional experience.

Posted June 4, 2006

Carden has lots to offer-music, french, and computers, however, the director doen't generate a good moral amongst staff and sometimes has an agenda all her own. Communication lacks most times between her and staff. Staff has a good knowledge and foundation of Carden curriculum and teaching to the levels of each child.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted May 26, 2006

This is a fantantastic school with a curriculum that focuses on the basics. Your child will be prepared for the future!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 24, 2006

Great school - Terrific Curriculim, Wonderful teachers, Campus does not p[resent well buyt the education is first rate.

Posted March 24, 2006

Carden School of Fresno may not look like much from the street view. I hoped that the quality of education within the classrooms were of a higher standard than the sub-standard, aging building. I have been pleasantly pleased with the quality of education, emphasis on character and encouragement of extra activiies, i.e. French, Music, Drama and Computer classes. I have found the majority of parents to be highly concerned and especially involved the education and care of their children. Each of the families I have met recognize the importance of education. The teachers are committed to the Carden method and the continuity of method is valuable as children change grades. I am very pleased with our decision to enroll our children at Carden School of Fresno.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 2%
Asian 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab