Bad
Good

Isla Vista is a blessing in disguise. My child is in kindergarten and has enjoyed her experience since day 1. As a parent volunteer, I've been able to witness what happens during the day and interact with the students. We have a great team of teachers that truly enjoy what they do.

I'm very happy with our school, my son is returning as a 2nd grader and my little one will start K. We as a family have had a great experience at this wonderful school. I believe my kids will get an excellent education, I am given plenty of oportunities to be involve in the school and I'm happy to be returning this year. I have met our new principal Mrs. Kahn and I'm excited for this new year.

My children have gone to IV, the youngest graduated this past spring. It has been a nurturing, educational environment I am exceptionally happy about. The staff is innovative, enthusiastic, loves and challenges the students and works very well together. Ms. Maglione is approachable, creative, and motivating. Art, music and PE are part of the cirriculum, and the technology all of the teachers are able to use in their teaching as well as the technology the students are using is fantastic! This school, with over 20 languages and multiple cultures is a wonderful learning environment for any student.

Excellent school! This school has incredible leadership, infrastructure, and teachers. The instruction aims to promote the education of all students, and also attends to the social and emotional development of students.

Very disappointed with the way the principal leads the school and lack of mentoring and leading teachers. Lack of communication and accountability.

This school is EXCELLENT! It is a melting pot of children from all over the world. My son is now in his 2nd year at IV school. I am amazed at the academics at IV. My son comes home SO positive about his day and it makes me So happy to see him gain confidence and enjoy learning. The Principal and the staff are SO dedicated. Our principal, Mrs. Maglione, is APPROACHABLE, ENTHUSIASTIC, and a POSITIVE role model to her staff and to the students as well. The teachers and staff are HAPPY to be at IV. Mrs Maglione, is a proud principle and it shows in her daily work at Isla Vista. IV school has SO much to offer academically, socially, and emotionally to every child and parent that walks through those doors. Isla Vista school, keep up the good work! sincerely, a Proud Isla Vista school parent, Julissa Valerjev

I personally invite you to come visit Isla Vista Elementary School. I would like the opportunity to get to know you and your family as part of our school community. Parents, families, teachers. staff, volunteers, University students and the district all contibute to make this school exceptional. This last 0607 school year we received the State Award for AAA Academic Achievement Award for a State High Performing School. We fly our flag proudly. Check out our website www.islavista.k12.ca.us, visit and join our educational community! I look forward to meeting you, Lisa Maglione Isla Vista School Principal year 7

Last modified Isla Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.