Gridley, CA

Posted August 05, 2014
I brought my daughter to Sycamore from Live Oak I have not had any problems with the staff or principal not addressing bullying....my daughter was bullied by one girl and it was handled immediately...Live Oak on the other hand was a problem from 3rd grade until I took her out in 7th. my experience with the gridley schools has been great.

Sycamore Middle School 1

Posted December 22, 2013
WE HAD TO PULL OUR CHILD OUT BECAUSE OF BULLYING TOO! I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU GET AN ATTORNEY - WE DID AND ARE DAYS AWAY FROM THROWING A LAWSUIT ON THE DISTRICT, AND THATS ALL I CAN SAY ON HERE!

Sycamore Middle School 2

Posted December 21, 2013
My kid school is scycamore middle school I have reported my child being bulled by one after another nothing now on the december the same girle jumped her and some boy kicking her in places the not have but they put this on a phone now the staff acting as head call my daughter the bully but she jump had to go to the doctor what's wrong with them lack of conern. She miss a party at school she bigger then girl when here a year mydaughter a good loving kid never get into trouble since she been here she have been bulled at this school I thinking bout taking here out she don't look happy like she used to

Posted October 24, 2013
As far as schools go, I think Sycamore Middle School is above average. We had a problem with bullying in the 6th grade and it was handled very appropriately and expeditiously. :)

Sycamore Middle School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
This is one of the worst Middle Schools that I have ever had to deal with. One of the biggest problem(s) with this school is the Administrative Staff's lack of urgency and actions around bullying. Their lackadaisical approach to such a serious problem has forced us to not only give up on this school but now where faced a sick/depressed teen that wants nothing to do with his education but this excuse of a school. We will be happly transfering....thanks Sycamore for your lack of action in such a serious matter :-(

Sycamore Middle School 2

Posted March 01, 2010
The principal is very mean and unfair. At the spelling bee one spelled the word right and the principal said it was not correct. The word was amendment, the principal thought he said a T instead of a D, and got it wrong. All the California schools I went to have been bad. So I changed to home study. Now, i'm am exceeding at a good rate. School name is K12. Nationwide, online school. I highly recommend going to some kind of home school.

Posted May 06, 2008

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted September 16, 2005
Both of my daughters graduated from Sycamore. They were given every opportunity while there. Their teachers covered core content standards, nurtured them in a safe environment, and made the transition from elementary to high school a smooth one. The extracurricular opportunities are extraordinary for such a small, agricultrually-based community. The level of parent involvement is lower than it should be. Several school staff members, in coordination with community members, are working together on character-building, hoping to gain more parent support.

Posted March 31, 2005
As grandparents, we are raising our granddaughter and we feel most fortunate to have her enrolled at Sycamore School. Our granddaughter has ADD and the teachers work very closely with her. We are very much involved and the teachers welcome our participation. If we were to ask for any other support, it would be that of more knowledge with respect to ADD. We have forwarded information to the teachers and they have always been most appreciative of new information. The principal and vice prinicpal are to be commended for their fairness yet firm follow-through on discipline. We are very pleased with Sycamore.

Sycamore Middle School
1125 Sycamore Street, Gridley, CA  95948
Last modified Sycamore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top