Posted April 28, 2014
My child struggle on her first year in school I moved her to Grazide, they have great teachers and my daughter with her perseverance she is now in her third going fourth in Grazide every day can see her motivated to go school good grades and great experience for her. Go rams!

Posted March 19, 2014
Grazide is the Best, my son came from a school that he was struggling in at Kinder level, he was being complained about "everyday" by his teacher, since we moved to Grazide, Oh my goodness my son cries to go to school he absolutely loves his teacher and his teacher loves him, my son is doing so much better!

Posted March 04, 2014
Grazide is awesome. We are number 1! Go rams! Last year we had a unstoppable basketball team and also got #1 in Science Olympiad Competition. Mrs. Horseman is nice. Thanks to the hut. It sort of force students to do their homework, and to keep our school clean Even though Ms. Moss may not be good principal, she will get better and the school. It is kind of dissapointing that there isn't much pressure ob the kids this yeae. That helps the kids to be on task and make our school #1

Posted February 15, 2014
Last year, Mrs Horseman was a terrible principal. I can see where a lot of the negative principal comments are coming from - and yes, they are all true. However, at the start of this school year, Grazide got Miss Amy Moss! That woman goes above and beyond! While the school still has a few issues, I really hope Miss Moss is here to stay. She's a fantastic leader and the "clique-y" feel in the office has diminished a bit. We (as a family) do experience a bit of the outcast feeling expressed by others. I chalk it up to the community surrounding the school not being one that is entirely special-needs-friendly or supportive. If you have a mainstreamed special needs child, you should expect a struggle with the community, not the RSP support, current principal or staff.

Posted August 21, 2013
this school is awesome. Teacher for sure know what there doing.I love grazide. go rams

Posted May 21, 2013
The school itself is very nice. Structured, clean, organized..Academic wise I couldn't ask for anything more. I don't know about the other teachers but my son's kinder teacher was amazing. She helped him overcome his fears and achieve so much. Now onto the cons. There's cliques and bullying in that school. The PARENTS are the bullies. And the staff outside who knows those parents are quick to take sides. I was yelled at 3 times in matter of two days for doing what ALL parents do. Park in the front and run and grab the child. I saw so many other cars that did exactly that and I was targeted. Yelled at and scolded. And it topped the cake when the principle did it to me in front of the school, in front of other moms, in front of my child. And she had to get the last word in. I told her I parked here briefly because my rear bumper was hit few days ago. IN THE PARKING LOT. Her response, "you shouldn't have parked here in the first place." She wasn't concerned someone pulled a hit and run in her school. I left puzzled, didn't even want to stand there and argue. Not to mention my son was extremely upset and embarrassed at his mom being yelled at in front of his school by the principle.

Posted August 05, 2012
most of the noon aides do not take care of problems and they tell the kids to just say sorry even when its a real problem. There is only one noon aide that I know who actually takes care of problems and there is about 4-5 noon aides. They treat the 5th grades like babies. I know 5th grade is still young but they do need to be treated like a normal 10-11 year old. Not a 3 year old. I have to say academic wise it is pretty good. One of my friends daughters math teacher basically didnt even help her. There was a big test that took a fair portion of her math grade and she asked for help the day before the test and the teacher said, "Can we do it tomorrow?" She may have been busy and I understand that but its the day before a big test and you want to do it tomorrow? The test has been already done so what is the point of help? Couldnt the teacher make time to help my daughter for about 15 mins? Also the kids are not very nice and judge very quickly. A lot of the teachers always take the "teachers pet" side and always pick their hand for questions when they have answers. Its not that I dont like that a student knows the answer its the fact that what if a student has a question.

Posted June 28, 2012
Grazide is top-notch! They really challenge the students to excel. They strive to better not only the students each year, but the school and teachers as well. They have one of the highest API scores in the district and their administrators are fantastic. My child came from a private school that's supposed to be great--and she needed tutoring just to catch up to this PUBLIC school. I am very happy with Grazide, their teachers, their programs and their administration. Their PTA rocks and the parent involvement is beyond fabulous!

Posted June 06, 2012
My child finished this school last year and will finish 6 grade at a Lutheran school. He was a GATE student at Grazide so I thought he was getting best academics. But this year was a shock! His math was very good but language arts/critical thinking skills was behind at new school. He is ok now but he got tutoring. His cousin, my sister, loved St. Marks because of Christain values and good academics. Her daughter is now attending Troy IB program. I like the environment much better. My son has a lot more in common with kids at the new school. He seems pretty happy with news friends but misses old friends too. Grazide is ok compared to other schools in area but environment is very important too! My son say that the kids at Grzide not so nice and teachers pay favorites to PTA kids (I agree with other reviewer)

Posted March 12, 2012
This school is excellent. I am a teacher in another district, and I can clearly see the quality education Mrs. Horseman and the staff there provide. Both my children attend the school, and if I did not think it was the best around, they would be elsewhere. Mrs. Horseman is a quality leader, knowledgeable and dedicated. They have a lot of evening events and she is always present, as are a number of teachers. The PTA works very hard to help the teachers with their workload, sponsor and run events, and provide help and additional funds for all students at the school-not just their own

Grazide Elementary School
2850 Leopold Avenue, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745
Last modified Grazide Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grazide Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top