Hacienda Heights, CA

Los Altos High School 4

Posted April 21, 2014
I'm currently a senior at Los Altos, and I must say that I had a great experience at this school. I may not have been one of the top students at this school, but I managed to keep my grades in check while still going out to parties and hanging out with friends. This school helped me grow academically, socially, and emotionally. Looking back at my four years at this place, I realized how much I've grown up and also changed for the better. The teacher quality is great, if you take the right classes. Of course, every school has their sub-par teachers, and phenomenal teachers. And in my personal experience, the teachers here were wonderful. I may have had a few duds, but for the most part, they kept me inspired, and guided me in my life beyond stone cold academics. They helped me grow emotionally and socially as a young adult. Los Altos may not be the "perfect" school, but it is exactly those imperfections that made this school such an interesting and amazing experience. It wasn't just school, it was a home. I am proud to graduate from Los Altos, and I am proud to be a Conqueror, and a future UCR student. Thank you, Los Altos High School Once a Conqueror, Always a Conqueror.

Los Altos High School 4

Posted February 28, 2014
Curently A senior.. I have to say that i have learned so much from attending this school. Many might say they dislike it here but the honest truth is that it depends on your attitude. This school is full of school spirit and encourage others. our homecoming queen this year has special needs . we all love her dearly and she is also a cheer leader. we dont discriminate. the staff is amazing, super nice and more than helpful. the programs are amazing. i am on the dance team and its like my second family. i love all of them . im sad to graduate but ive had a great experience at los altos

Posted February 16, 2014
As a freshmen last year for summer school this school just to say is not awsome you would not like this school at all because the teachers at this school don't really give you that one on one your child needs and plus when in class you can't concetrate that much because you got kids in thier don't know how to thier filthy mouth up and just to say do not send your child to this school at all thanks.

Posted May 29, 2013
As a freshman in LAHS i would say that my experience was terrible the staff and the police guard there is terrible but the teachers are amazing when I first when to summer school they signed me up for a course that said they'll review everything in middle school i learned when i went there i noticed it was a class that i didn't need so the next day i went to the office and they told me that algebra 1 was full so i asked what i can do and they said either take the course or no summer school so i went back to the class and then i asked if i can use the vending machines cause i saw other kid in my class and the teacher said yes when i was out to buy something i heard the school cop yelling at me to go to back to class so i bought the snacks and Gatorade when suddenly the cop started to come my way. It gives no right for a police officer to yell at students that done nothing wrong it even say in the bill of rights and i didnt even break the law finally this school a joke the staff and people don't care about student concerns and also i saw 80 % gangs members so im telling you dont go to los altos

Los Altos High School 3

Posted February 13, 2013
As a senior at LAHS, I would say that your experience at Los Altos is pretty much what you make of it. There are plenty of great opportunities available to students; however, at the same time there are many things that the school is lacking in. There aren't as many AP classes as there really should be (due to lack of funding and interest) and no IB or National Honor Society programs, but the school does have an engineering program that many other schools in the area lack. The ASB and Renaissance programs at the school are great and are a highlight of the school. Like I said earlier, there are opportunities available to students if they look for them, but students really need drive at this school. There isn't a huge number of motivated students on campus and the environment is not that academically competitive, but if you have motivation you'll find your niche. There really are some great people here. The administration here is inefficient and frustrating at times. As far as teachers go, there are a few really good ones on campus. Almost all of them are in the honors/AP classes. A lot of them don't really do anything, however.

Los Altos High School 3

Posted August 06, 2012
Principal needs to engage more with the students. The bathrooms need to be cleaned better and the lunch lines are too long. I wish the CHP would patrol during the morning rush and afternoon.

Los Altos High School 5

Posted August 05, 2012
My child is beginning her sophomore year. The staff and teachers have been amazing. The administration has been supportive to any concerns that i may have had during the past year. The counseling department has listened to both myself and my daughter as to what we feel her educational needs are. My child is an honor student and i truly feel her educational needs will continue to be met by the administration and staff

Los Altos High School 5

Posted February 14, 2012
I'm a senior at Los Altos High School and the teachers and the administration are superb!

Posted January 05, 2012
First and foremost, I am grateful my child is a Sr. at this school. Since her Freshman yr. the school continues to plummet in its desire to provide a quality education. There is a handful of teachers that deserve to call themselves teachers. Look at the stats, you can see where most fail. The admin. treats parents as a bother rather than being helpful. The office personnel, forget it unless you want to be treated like a student. Trying to get info. about anything is a nightmare! If you don't have access to a computer forget being informed no more notes home. Now lets talk about books, they cannot seem to provide the students with much needed books to use and they must share. Appar. it is more imp. have a new pool and Marquise rather than an education. Classrooms are either freezing or burning hot. My student won't use the restroom due to the filth wich is probably a health department issue. Food has been served moldy and lunch lines are horrible. If you're a parent dropping your student off, what a nightmare. Serious inj. have occured due to lack of patrol. This school only cares about student numbers for money not education. Think twice before attending here!

Posted July 17, 2011
This administration is worried more about numbers than the students. They wanted new pools, so they over populated the school. Guess what kids are now attending Los Altos all the rejects from Bassett, La Puente and El Monte. You wounder why the violance at Los Altos has more than tripled in the last few years. My son's freshmen year they had 8 arrests in one day at the school. All those rejects from the other areas also involved in gangs, do you know what happens when you mix multi gangs at the same school. What I just told you, multi arrests per day. A good example of that is those eight arrests matched the that one day matched the total for the year, the year before. Keep your kids away from this school it really is worse than Workman and La Puente High.

Los Altos High School
15325 East Los Robles Avenue, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745
Last modified Los Altos High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Altos High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top