Los Robles Academy

Public | K-5 | 515 students

Posted April 6, 2014

This school rocks!!! I've had three kids go through this school and my last is in 1st grade. We love the teachers and the atmosphere of the school. They are well into Common Core and make learning for the kids. Thanks!

Posted March 26, 2014

Los Robles offers truly dedicated teachers who care deeply about the success of their students. I have had children in attendance at this school for 18 years. We have never had a teacher we didn't like.

Posted March 16, 2014

WHAT A GREAT SCHOOL! The new Principal is warm, approachable and very involved in every aspect of the school. The office staff are very efficient. The teachers are outstanding. They are dedicated to giving your child the best education possible. My child loves to go to this school and that tells you a lot.

Posted March 14, 2014

AWESOME! Despite of all the changes that the school went through this year, including common core and a new principal we have accomplished great things. We have great teachers a very efficient staff and a really involved principal. Parent response to those changes has been great. I am very pleased with my kids school, and looking forward for next year.

Posted March 6, 2014

This school has great teachers. They are caring as well as top level educators. The new principal is really turning this school around. She is full of energy and has been working hard to bring this school back to being one of the best in the area. The office staff is warm and welcoming and are always willing to help and guide parents. This school went through a few years of negativity due to its previous principal. With the new enthusiastic principal at the helm I can only see positive outcomes in the future. With the excellent teaching staff, I am reassured that my child will receive the best education possible. The parent involvement at this school is also great.

Posted February 19, 2014

I am very proud to have my child attending this awesome school. Our new Principal is pro-active and is going above and beyond to get this school back to where it should be. Thanks to her efforts, we were the first school in the district to get a new computer lab and she is continually striving to add new programs to our curriculum. As for the teachers, I couldn't have asked for better educators for my child. This year the parents are really rallying together and the community spirit within all of the groups of the school is amazing to see. The positive energy within the school is contagious and things can only get better. If you want a Principal that looks towards the future and strives to provide the best education for your child; teachers that not only care about educating your child but also care about your child's well-being; an expanding group of volunteer parents that are successfully working together as PTA Members, Noon Aides and classroom helpers: and children that are excited about learning.....then this is the school for you.

Posted January 31, 2014

Los Robles Academy is a wonderful school. It has an excellent new administrator and outstanding teachers! The teachers are very dedicated to their students' success. They are excited about the new Common Core standards. With a brand new computer lab, Los Robles is ahead of many other schools in the district. Everyone on campus truly cares about the success of each child. I'm so happy to see that Los Robles Academy has become such a wonderful school again!

Posted January 31, 2014

I am LOS ROBLES ACADEMY...I have been a teacher in this district for many years. It's been awful to see that the negative reputation of our former administrator has over-shadowed all of the excellent, dedicated and outstanding teachers and staff our school has. It s important for our community to know that, under the direction of our amazing new principal, the heart of Los Robles can once again shine through! Our teachers always go above and beyond to ensure that each and every child is successful. Come in and tour our classrooms, meet our new principal and see for yourselves that Los Robles Academy has a high level of academic excellence.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 24, 2013

I'm still at this school some people are not in gate because they still kida need hep on something or if they new they have to take writting. i love this school the staff are nice the principal is awesome she is teaching us to be safe.all our school need to improve on it like at lunch we talk alot and loud that all some parents every kid has a fun time at shool we all student learn and we work hard for our school to be number one. student council is doing alot of funraisers to help people so i give a th to student council.

Posted August 22, 2013

The teachers are amazing! We just got a new principal at los Robles and she's terrible. She is the definition of narcissist . "I, me, my.... Is how ALL her conversations begin. How about thinking about the students for once. I'm ready to pull my kids from this school. I hope she doesn't ruin this school too !

Posted October 31, 2012

I stopped by to offer a musical performance/assembly for the children of Los Robles Academy by the Los Angeles Police Band. The program includes an introduction to each instrument as well as a professional concert tailored for the age group audience. As we are a liaison between the community and the Department this is also a great opportunity to build a positive relationship between the children and the Police Dept. I understand that money is tight but I was blown off with the statement that they could get the high school band for free. Our cost is minimal and I would have entertained a negotiation (putting up some of the funds myself as my grandchild attends this school) but was not even approached or given the opportunity to talk to Dr. Seligman.There are other schools in the area that are taking advantage of this opportunity and cost was not a deterrent. The Director is the Great Grandfather to one of the students and she is very dissappointed that her school has no interest in instrumental music or in offering this program. The high school band, I'm sure is a good one but it won't be for long if music is not fostered. I'm sorry for the children of Los Robles Academy.

Posted October 25, 2012

Today we had the greatest assembly about bullying. It addressed the problem in a way that kept the kids interested. Great message, great music. Way to go Student Council. Thank you to two wonderful advisors. What an action packed Red Ribbon Week you have put together.

Posted August 6, 2012

The Principal has only herself in mind. she never stops talking about herself and her family!!! We need a principal that cares about the kids and wants to hear what they are thinking. Office people are not welcoming and friendly at all.

Posted July 19, 2011

I'm glad I pulled my son out of this school after only 1 year of kindergarten there. He had the "lego man" as his teacher. He definitely didn't cover the entire curriculum and was extremely disorganized. The previous principal did the bare minimum and didn't inspire the teachers. Sounds like the new principal is doing a better job. This school district is open enrollment so if your child is doing well, you should think about transferring him/her to a better school. I rate the school below average for a Hacienda Heights elementary school south of the 60 fwy and average compared to all elementary schools in the district, including those north of the 60 fwy.

Posted December 10, 2010

i vounteered at this school and i really like the look and the feel of the school

Posted November 19, 2010

My child is in kindergarten, and my alarming concern is that the five year olds are being left alone at lunch. Not a new problem it just has not changed. My son is told daily that he can t buy milk, because he brought a lunch. He is being pulled out of the line, and not allowed to access food or milk. In some schools teachers arrange orders for their kindergarteners to get juice or milk delivered in time for recess, they have another opportunity to buy milk at lunch, and have a shorter school day. This year the Los Robles Kindergarten schedule is over a six hour day, the lunch dilemma is exasperated! They have not allocated for these longer hours to meet student needs. During the hot weeks, many parents approached our teacher about allowing the students to drink water, soon after a student fell ill bleeding from the nose, the emergency doctor said it was due to dehydration. Please help the kindergarteners they are being used in a new situation like an experiment and they need an advocate.

Posted August 24, 2010

My child attends and has attended Los Robles for the past 4 years and this school is a joke. Some of her teachers can not even speak correctly or teach them properly. She has only had 2 excellent teachers and that is due to the fact that those 2 teachers put all their time on those students and spent their money on their students and truly cared about them. Those 2 teachers I had to fight to get. They always have sub at the start of the school year which is stupid considering there are so many teachers out of work,why are we saving these sub par teachers jobs? My daughter is not ever challenged and test at a 9th grade level but they feel she shouldn't be in the gate program,very smart of this school.And the principal just likes to talk about herself all the time.This school is terrible!

Posted April 30, 2010

Parents & Teachers work well together we have good leadership and values and that is reflected in our students. Los Robles Academy has great communication with parents and students which helps us parents help our children perform better academically in school. My child has been there for the past 5 years and I have never heard a complaint towards the Teachers or staff & that says a lot of the environment we have here in Los Robles Academy.

Posted October 8, 2009

The new principal is terrible, i guess the grass isn't always greener on the other side, we should have been happy with what we had, now we have a principal is stresses everyone out, is unfriendly, has dropped the morale of the teachers and the students, check out her old school they didn't like her their either. The only good thing is we have an excellent group of parents who care about the kids and some really great teachers hopefully we don't have to wait to long for her to leave.

Posted August 31, 2009

I agree with some of the other parents. It is lacking leadership qualities. Too many subs at begining of each year, and after four years we're on our 3rd principal. Also the office staff does need to be more welcoming. They are a bit stiff. But at least that hasn't changed. Some things just stay the same I guess.

This school's

(2012)

8 / 10

5 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

8 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

5 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students65%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Patricia Diaz
Fax number
  • (626) 855-3157

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
  • Computer lab

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1530 South Ridley Avenue