Bad
Good

Moved to the community early this year and I'm glad to have this as our assigned school. As a first-time kindergarten parent, I am so thankful that the school's front desk person Veronica has been very helpful and patient in addressing my concerns. She's always on point and even if she's got her hands full, she makes it a point to help parents out. She also seems to know everyone by name. Our child's in the Chinese dual immersion program though no one speaks Mandarin at home. The 2 teachers she has have been very supportive and understanding so far. It's good to know that our child is in good hands. The principal, Dr. Cho, is also approachable. She is always out front on drop-off and pick-up greeting students and parents. Overall, I'm glad we got into this school.

Wedgeworth Elementary is an excellent school with wonderful teachers who truly care for the students. Individual attention to each student's needs and appropriate parent/teacher communication helps to keep these kids on a successful upward path.

Wedgeworth is the BEST school ever!!!! Great dedicated teachers, great curriculum. My son is in the CDLP (Chinese Dual Language Program) in this school. He learns 50% in Chinese and 50% in English. His is fluent in both of the language and he is doing so great in the school academically and socially. Great PTA too. Hacienda/La Puente School should dedicated more funds to this school. it is such a shame how they treat this school. This is the GEM school to the district. This is the only school that entice people from other district to come to HLPUSD, which mean more funds to the district. People as far as Pasadena and Monterey Park come to this school because of the reputation and the quality of education in this school. Not other school in the district can do this. Yet, WW is the ONLY school in the HLPUSD that exclusively portable classrooms. Despite of that fact, the students in this school is still strive to study and work hard to give HLPUSD the highest API in the district. God bless all of WW students, teachers and staffs!!!

I LOVE this school! The teachers are great! The facilities may not be first class but the teachers are all first class. They are all focused on making sure that all the students excel!.

Wedgeworth is an amazing school ! not only is my son excelling but the parents are so involved and teachers are dedicated to give our children the best education possible. I heard miracles about this school and decided to put my son in this school and I do not regret it one bit. Yes I understand the school is not upgraded but wedgeworth actually started i believe 40+ years ago as a temporary school that is why it doesnt look like your average school but kept open due to performance !!! Wedgeworth is one of the top if not the top school in the district! I would not send my son anywhere else. The dual immersion prograsm is amazing my son came home only in class a week counting to 30 and the besic hello, good bye, thank you, and he knows some animals.. he is now writing in mandarin. I love this school !! GO WARRIORS!!!

The school states they have a no hitting/no bullying policy but, my daughter has been picked up by several other students throughout the school year and it's only been one month, she does not feel safe. The school does not have enough teachers/aids on the playground when the children are out playing and they do not pay attention to the kids. Several of the teachers are great but, it does not help when my daughter doesn't feel safe outside of the classroom when her teacher is not present. My daughter has been at this school for 2 years and this is the first year she no longer wants to go school.

Great partnership with staff, students, parents, and teachers! This school is one of a kind! It's a small school, but you truly feel like a family.

This school is amazing! The teachers all truly care about the students and put their needs first.

This school is a great school. We recently moved to the area and have experienced how at wedgeworth elementary school my kids are doing great. Already noticed that my kids are working hard and the teaches encourage them to be the best.

We love this school! Our child started kinder last fall and we cannot say enough great things about Wedgeworth. The school's greatest strength is its dedicated teachers, who are very resourceful and have the biggest heart, our friendly principal is very accessible and highly involved. Wonderful Chinese Dual Language Immersion Program, onsite Youth Science Center, active, dedicated PTA and parents, and a low teacher-student ratio are also other big pluses. A small school environment truly makes your family feel like an important part of the school and not "just a number". The school could use some physical upgrades and updates, but what school doesn't have room for improvement? The most important thing is that Wedgeworth has a lot of school pride and school spirit, and it truly brings out the best in its students.

Last modified Wedgeworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.