PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We came to St. Joseph's originally because of its proximity to our home and had no intentions of staying past my son's year of Pre-school. We decided to stay for Kindergarten after our son had thrived and made a lot of good friends. After that year, the school was at a crossroads in leadership and had some great teachers and staff members. With that being said I have to admit there were several teachers that I had concerns about and was NOT thrilled with in the upper grades. Again we stuck it out and enrolled our second Son into the pre-school and was able to get the same teacher (Mrs. Martha) that we LOVED. She was pretty much one of the main reasons we stayed in hopes that our Luke would have the same great learning experience and environment that as our oldest son was able to thrive in. That year was the pivotal point for the school, they hired a new principal (Dr. Quinto) who came in and has taken our school from good, to off the charts awesome. From the first day he arrived he had A LOT of bold plans and dreams for the school that have rapidly become reality. Dr. Quinto has put together a staff of teachers that are both qualified and willing to go the extra mile in order to continue to advance our school to the top. I could not be happier with the overall progress that has been made with both the staff and the physical condition of the school. I would feel guilty if I did not mention how much I love the connection the parents have within the school. I can say that I spoken to, or at least know every parent in each of my son’s classes. The parents play a very big role in the schools day to day operations and have an excellent channel of communication. The best part about the schools size is that my children have made friends that they will continue to grow with and learn together in the same classes each year. I strongly suggest that anyone who is considering joining the "Saint Joseph's School Family" not base any opinions on reviews alone, but rather go to the school and see what I am talking about for yourself, You will not be disappointed! Mills Family.

Amount of homework: Agree

there is a good amount, but it could border on "Too much" depending on if you ask me or my son!

I attended this school & the progression has been outstanding! In ten years since I've attended, and the outstanding leadership of their former Principal, St. Joseph School made so many changes for the benefit of their students & for the better! Every student has an iPad that is connected to the school wide wi-fi connection loaded with all the educational tools to use in the classroom. There's also Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs) that every student are required to do, the began while I was in the 6th grade, that have been fine-tuned, and have shaped many young men & women into well-rounded individuals. Faith is always in the center of student life here at St. Joseph, with ample opportunity to serve the Lord and the community. Although the present faculty are completely different individuals when I attended school there, they still have the same motivation & compassion towards teaching the student body. The office staff & volunteers are still the sweetest people you'd ever meet, consisting of former & present St. Joseph parents, who love this historic Hawthorne education institution. I can't wait to see what the new principal brings to my beloved Alma Mater!

If you want the BEST for your child, and can afford it, then you should send your child to attend here. As a graduate from a public IVY, almost all the leaders on our campus were from a catholic education. Go to any University and see who are excelling there. They teach you hard work, discipline, and with an advanced education.

The Principal was great and an amazing role model. She cares tremendously for her students! The teachers are amazing and prepare you for high school. The activities were great when i was a student there and I'm sure it's better now! I was at this school from k-8. -Graduate from 2008.

I have never been as disappointed in an educuational facility as with St. Joseph's. My four year old son attended for about four months and in that time he was reprimanded for typical four year old behavior more than was appropriate. Their Kiddy Kollege (Yes, it is with a 'K') is unimpressive and the Pre-K class is run with as much attention and focus as a Saturday Night babysitter. Waste of money, waste of time, and worst of all...waste of my handsome boy's life. If you are interested in St. Joseph's because of it's small class sizes and beautiful campus you are better of with a few of the surrounding charters schools, especially in the Wiseburn District. Good luck and good riddance St. Joseph's.

This school is not worth the money. My son would have done alot better in a public school. The 7th and 8th grade teachers(same 3 teachers for both grades) do not communicate with the parents very often. They are not available after school or by telephone and if you try to meet them before school they do not have time to talk. All I wanted was to know from them was how my son was doing. Unless you are one of the parents who is doing work for the school they do not care about you. The principal is also very mean and is not easily accessable. Alot of parents I have spoke with do not like her but everyone is afraid to say anything. She is very mean to the students. I have seen her be mean to a first grader because her parents forgot to send the payment for her lunch. At the end of the day this school is a business and care more about the money coming in then the actual students. Please think twice before spending your money. Public schools want your kids to do better. But this school does not care what struggles your kids have as long as you pay your fees and tuition on time. Please do your reasearch!!!

The parent who wrote in Aug. 2005: "I would of been better of sending them to the local public schools. The majority of the teachers were foriegn and couldn't speak english fluently" needs a little review in English grammar and spelling herself. (Can you spot the four errors?!)

The public schools in this area are out-performing St. Joseph's. I am very disappointed and plan on removing my child.

I attended St Joseph's School 20 years ago. I currently have 2 daughters enrolled there. I must say the school is 100x better than when I was there. I am so proud of the progress my daughters have made. My oldest has been on the honor roll the whole time she's been there. The principal is wonderful. She does what needs to be done and is fair. I have been very impressed with the teachers.

Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8