Posted September 12, 2014
I attended this school & the progression has been outstanding! In ten years since I've attended, and the outstanding leadership of their former Principal, St. Joseph School made so many changes for the benefit of their students & for the better! Every student has an iPad that is connected to the school wide wi-fi connection loaded with all the educational tools to use in the classroom. There's also Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs) that every student are required to do, the began while I was in the 6th grade, that have been fine-tuned, and have shaped many young men & women into well-rounded individuals. Faith is always in the center of student life here at St. Joseph, with ample opportunity to serve the Lord and the community. Although the present faculty are completely different individuals when I attended school there, they still have the same motivation & compassion towards teaching the student body. The office staff & volunteers are still the sweetest people you'd ever meet, consisting of former & present St. Joseph parents, who love this historic Hawthorne education institution. I can't wait to see what the new principal brings to my beloved Alma Mater!

Posted January 18, 2013
If you want the BEST for your child, and can afford it, then you should send your child to attend here. As a graduate from a public IVY, almost all the leaders on our campus were from a catholic education. Go to any University and see who are excelling there. They teach you hard work, discipline, and with an advanced education.

Posted July 21, 2012
The Principal was great and an amazing role model. She cares tremendously for her students! The teachers are amazing and prepare you for high school. The activities were great when i was a student there and I'm sure it's better now! I was at this school from k-8. -Graduate from 2008.

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2011
I have never been as disappointed in an educuational facility as with St. Joseph's. My four year old son attended for about four months and in that time he was reprimanded for typical four year old behavior more than was appropriate. Their Kiddy Kollege (Yes, it is with a 'K') is unimpressive and the Pre-K class is run with as much attention and focus as a Saturday Night babysitter. Waste of money, waste of time, and worst of all...waste of my handsome boy's life. If you are interested in St. Joseph's because of it's small class sizes and beautiful campus you are better of with a few of the surrounding charters schools, especially in the Wiseburn District. Good luck and good riddance St. Joseph's.

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2011
This school is not worth the money. My son would have done alot better in a public school. The 7th and 8th grade teachers(same 3 teachers for both grades) do not communicate with the parents very often. They are not available after school or by telephone and if you try to meet them before school they do not have time to talk. All I wanted was to know from them was how my son was doing. Unless you are one of the parents who is doing work for the school they do not care about you. The principal is also very mean and is not easily accessable. Alot of parents I have spoke with do not like her but everyone is afraid to say anything. She is very mean to the students. I have seen her be mean to a first grader because her parents forgot to send the payment for her lunch. At the end of the day this school is a business and care more about the money coming in then the actual students. Please think twice before spending your money. Public schools want your kids to do better. But this school does not care what struggles your kids have as long as you pay your fees and tuition on time. Please do your reasearch!!!

St. Joseph Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2010
The parent who wrote in Aug. 2005: "I would of been better of sending them to the local public schools. The majority of the teachers were foriegn and couldn't speak english fluently" needs a little review in English grammar and spelling herself. (Can you spot the four errors?!)

Posted March 05, 2010
The public schools in this area are out-performing St. Joseph's. I am very disappointed and plan on removing my child.

Posted March 01, 2009
I attended St Joseph's School 20 years ago. I currently have 2 daughters enrolled there. I must say the school is 100x better than when I was there. I am so proud of the progress my daughters have made. My oldest has been on the honor roll the whole time she's been there. The principal is wonderful. She does what needs to be done and is fair. I have been very impressed with the teachers.

Posted August 18, 2008
Excellent private school and exceeds my expectations! It's truly a 'family' oriented school!

Posted May 21, 2008

St. Joseph Elementary School
11886 Acacia Avenue, Hawthorne, CA  90250
Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joseph Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top