Hawthorne, CA

Bud Carson Middle School 5

Posted April 16, 2012
i went to this school in 7th grade year of 2010-2011 school year, ive been to three different middle schools out of all three this was the best one,i recommend this school, teachers are great, students are great

Posted April 23, 2010
i am an 8th grade honors student currently attending this school. i feel that there are a few select good teachers but there are a majority of teachers and staff that cannot seperate their personal views of the kids with their jobs. Also the school is run like a detention center and has gates all around. WE also have had a few drug incidences and unjust treatment of the races by the vice principal in certain fight cases. Academically our school is doing 'Ohkay' to say the least but academically we are EXTRAORDINARY WE HAVE THE BEST ATHLETES IN THE H.S.D school district. I leave you with this thought- i have no personal vendetta against BCMS its just i would only send my kids here is it were one of my secondary or 3rd choices

Bud Carson Middle School 2

Posted April 23, 2009
Bud Carson Middle School is a struggling inner city school with very limited resources, hard working teachers who try to educate the students. Bud Carson Middle needs many things, such as a school administrator and staff with a positive attitude about their students and the community. In my opinion the school is run much like a juvenile detention center, (similarly ran is the Prairie View Middle school on Prairie Ave. in Hawthorne.) Bud Carson also needs that a solid PE program in which the students 'suit up' for PE, and are fully physically engaged in the process of their own physical education. Also needed a solid PTA or PTO program to help raise much needed funds for books, supplies, field trips, projects for the students.By adding this it could bolster the morale of the students and parents and become a resource entrepreneral training for the students and pride for the

Bud Carson Middle School 2

Posted May 01, 2008
I attended this school and left the school with straight A's. The school, education wise, is lacking. it is to easy. For thoughs who fail, i have no idea what to tell you.

Bud Carson Middle School 3

Posted August 26, 2007
My daughter is in honors classes at Bud Carson. The teachers are good to mediocre. The children ABSOLUTELY need lockers! My daughters backpack is VERY heavy and she has to bring her books home everyday to study. She takes food from home to be sure that she has something to eat everyday. Whomever is planning the meals is doing a lousy job of making sure that the children have 1) a variety of entrees and 2) ENOUGH of each entree. The lines are too long.

Posted August 23, 2007
I am a 7th grader and I attend BCMS. It ia okay but it can be improved by adding lockers , a P.E gym, and having more extracirruculum activites such as dance squad. Also by having more computers in the classroom for school project. they can improve the tutoring service for kids that are behind and need that extra help like myself. By: Jasmine

Posted March 29, 2007
I go to Bud Carson and I am in the 7th grade. I think it is a good school overall but there are a couple of things they can work on. I think we need lockers and more extracurricular activities. They are improving the school and getting new classrooms.

Posted April 28, 2006
I am very impressed with the school. My eldest daughter is in the 6th Grade and my youngest will start there next year. The staff and faculty are top notch and do their best to teach and encourage the kids to try their best. The4y genuinely care about the welfare and achievemnets of their students. They even have a fast track honors class for high achieving students.

Posted January 11, 2006
So far my son's experience at Bud Carson has been good. He has met a lot of good kids here. He has mentioned seeing some fights but he has not had any problems with bullying. Not all kids want to act stupid and use bad langueage. I think most of the kids at Bud Carson are pretty decent. Most of the teachers are very good although a few seem to expect more than what the kids are able to give.

Bud Carson Middle School 5

Posted November 18, 2005
bud carson is one of the best schools in Hawthorne the school is nice and the falculity is out standing I think more people should go here.

13838 South Yukon Avenue, Hawthorne, CA  90250
(310) 676-1908
Last modified Bud Carson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bud Carson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top