Hayward, CA

Posted June 12, 2015
Small school community. Teachers encourage kids to excel their goals and have fun while learning! All teachers are exellent! As a parent my kids went to Lorin Eden. My oldest is in High School now, my youngest is now going to Jr High. Both love Lorin and remembered their old school as their second home. They learned how to never ever give up and keep trying until they make it. Ms Carter who is also awesome ,Ms Sermeno, Mrs Samuel , Mrs Bennet , Ms S, Mrs Mcconell, Mrs Condos were a key to my kids to be successful today. All the teachers are great , but by experience these excellent educators are the best. My kids learned how to have a better self steem , learning while having fun, respect the rules that makes the them being better citizens. They also learned how to set up goals and what to do to achieve them. My now high school son is going to be in 10th grade this coming 2015-2016 . He will be taking pre- calculus with 12th graders. I mentioned this because Ms Carter and Mrs McConnell planted a tremendous seed in him in math and his self steem. My daughter was just promoted to 7th grade this year. She is so proud and happy with her old teachers at Lorin Eden. Since Kinder Garden every teacher was able to know her how she is. 95% of her teachers knew my daughter in detailed. Mrs S in 3rd grade knew my daughter right away, she knew her writing and helped her to become better; Mrs S is great and fine educator! Mrs Macconell is marvelous in how to encourage kids to be better students. Mrs Condos is delighted lady who is in love being a teacher who makes sure her students feel loved and ready to learn. She made my daughter to be more secured and to be ready to have successful future school years! I strongly believe that Lorin Eden deserves a higher ranking than 5! The whole community is exellent, PTA is outanding! Mrs Laundy is the best serving as president . The staff at the office are always so kind and helpful. The principal Ms Watts is kind and strict when is needed that makes her to be the perfect balance how to be a great principal. As a parent , I really recommend Lorin Eden..I hope the district can grant the school more resources, more technology. Lorin Eden deserve the best. I am greatful I was part of the school community and my kids dearly have only beautiful memories of now their sweet elementary school! Lorin Eden rocks!

Posted October 17, 2011
My daughter is a kindergartner this year. She's reading at a couple of grades above her class level, and we're impressed with how her teacher and principal have approached meeting her education needs. And the kid loves the school. I'm glad we chose Lorin Eden over private schools.

Posted March 31, 2011
Ms.Watts is the best as stated below....my daughter went there for 2 1/2 years and we miss the school DEARLY compared to the DREADED Oakland Unified School District....be thankful!!!!

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2010
The principal appears to be inexperienced and borders on incompetent. She is not a very strong presence and therefore doesn't appear to have a lot of credibility with the more porblematic or troubled students. She also doesn't appear to know how to meter out the appropriate discipline. She either does too much for minor offenses, or very often she will do too little for major offenses. She's polite enough and comes across as caring. But she basically does nothing substantial in problem-solving between the students. The academics are pretty solid, but a lot of the teachers are culturally-ignorant and appear to be too settled into their jobs having been there so long.

Posted April 01, 2010
Ms. Watts is the best! Ms. Sammuals is a JEWEL...

Posted January 15, 2010
I have to say that Lorin Eden has wonderful caring teachers. Many teachers have been teaching at Lorin Eden for 25 years plus! Our PTA has many fun activites for our children and my children love going to school everyday. I am very happy with the principal and the entire staff.

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School

Posted May 02, 2009
My daughter is very shy and I was concerned that she would have a hard time adjusting since she was coming from a private school. She is doing great and enjoys school. The principle cares and the teachers are experienced.

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
We moved to the Eastbay from the Peninsula and were worried about the level of education they would receive here, but the Teachers have been very helpful with our 3 children. In my opinion, education wise, this school should receive more like a 7 out of 10 for the greatschools rating.

Posted October 12, 2008
Love the teachers and the staff.

Posted August 23, 2008
Lorin Eden is full of wonderful teachers and staff. The principal, Ms. Watts is very friendly and is very involved. The PTA is organized and makes sure that they are taking care of all students. A+ School- Go Cougars!

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School
27790 Portsmouth Avenue, Hayward, CA  94545
Last modified Lorin A. Eden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorin A. Eden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top