Hayward, CA

Posted October 17, 2011
My daughter is a kindergartner this year. She's reading at a couple of grades above her class level, and we're impressed with how her teacher and principal have approached meeting her education needs. And the kid loves the school. I'm glad we chose Lorin Eden over private schools.

Posted March 31, 2011
Ms.Watts is the best as stated below....my daughter went there for 2 1/2 years and we miss the school DEARLY compared to the DREADED Oakland Unified School District....be thankful!!!!

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2010
The principal appears to be inexperienced and borders on incompetent. She is not a very strong presence and therefore doesn't appear to have a lot of credibility with the more porblematic or troubled students. She also doesn't appear to know how to meter out the appropriate discipline. She either does too much for minor offenses, or very often she will do too little for major offenses. She's polite enough and comes across as caring. But she basically does nothing substantial in problem-solving between the students. The academics are pretty solid, but a lot of the teachers are culturally-ignorant and appear to be too settled into their jobs having been there so long.

Posted April 01, 2010
Ms. Watts is the best! Ms. Sammuals is a JEWEL...

Posted January 15, 2010
I have to say that Lorin Eden has wonderful caring teachers. Many teachers have been teaching at Lorin Eden for 25 years plus! Our PTA has many fun activites for our children and my children love going to school everyday. I am very happy with the principal and the entire staff.

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2009

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2009
My daughter is very shy and I was concerned that she would have a hard time adjusting since she was coming from a private school. She is doing great and enjoys school. The principle cares and the teachers are experienced.

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
We moved to the Eastbay from the Peninsula and were worried about the level of education they would receive here, but the Teachers have been very helpful with our 3 children. In my opinion, education wise, this school should receive more like a 7 out of 10 for the greatschools rating.

Posted October 12, 2008
Love the teachers and the staff.

Posted October 01, 2008

Lorin A. Eden Elementary School
27790 Portsmouth Avenue, Hayward, CA  94545
Last modified Lorin A. Eden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lorin A. Eden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top