Posted May 19, 2014
For those complaining about teachers or principles, like in some of the reviews, please note, it's been my experience that parents who hold accountable their children's actions will have no problems with teachers or the principle. The principle is fair and easy to work with. The teachers are superior to most schools in the Redlands School District. If you are one of those parents who sees no fault in their child and does not expect your child to do their homework, classwork, have good behavior, then y es you will have a problem with this school. Otherwise, your child will receive an excellent education. I think Mrs. Bartlett is the best teacher in the school district. If you are able to get your child in your class, count yourselves lucky. She not only will get your child where they need to be but teach them accountability for their actions and behaviors, help them with study skills, how to treat one another, the list goes on. As for parents, she gives you weekly updates on the progress of your child. This has helped me so much as a parent. IF YOU CAN GET HER, DO IT! I can't say good enough things about her. My child went up two years academically in her class.

Highland Grove Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2013
This was once a wonderful school! But, now that the new principal has taken over, it's horrible! Not only has the school failed my child (and by "failed" I don't mean flunked), but so has the school district! My child was being bullied by the teacher! So have several other students that have come forward! They allow this activity to continue. I recently pulled my child out of this school because of this situation. Most of the teachers at the school are AWESOME, however, this unfortunate incident has been heart-breaking, to say the least.

Posted October 11, 2012
This is a wonderful school with motivated staff and an accessible, upbeat principal. Parental involvement is high. Classrooms are new and continue to be upgraded, despite California's budget cuts. The older children benefit from RUSD's excellent band/music program. There is also a lot of diversity within the student population. We love it here!

Posted September 13, 2010
Wonderful school with hard-working teachers and a great Principal. My kids love Highland Grove! There are many activities to choose from and a very active PTA.

Highland Grove Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2010
The younger, more energetic staff has been let go thanks to the California budget cuts and the teachers who seem tired are staying. I dont care much for this school's staff... I would suggest anyone who is going to enroll their child to this school... to speak to MANY parents... there is mixed feelings... The school is more about testing online than to work in a sequence and consistency... I dont like that and having 4 children that have been exposed to other ways of learning (sequence)... I have seen a big difference in the success of this method.. not impressive... The upside... you have the Middle School right next door that is excellent!!!

Posted September 28, 2009

Highland Grove Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Principal and teachers are wonderful at encouraging children to read and to care about the arts. This school fought hard during budget cuts, and with the assistance of parents and community, we were able to keep our librarian.

Highland Grove Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2009

Posted June 12, 2009

Highland Grove Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2009
It is a good school. It is on the outskirts of east Highland. It has gotten quite crowded. I like the priciple and the teachers. The parent involvement is higher than most I have seen. A good school and only a little over 4-5 years old?

Highland Grove Elementary School
7700 Orange Street, Highland, CA  92346
Last modified Highland Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top