Highland, CA

Oehl Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
My daughter, who loves school, attended Oehl from 1st-3rd grade and she hated it. The principal, Mr. Robert Morales will not discipline the students and a ton of them have 30+referrals for disciplinary problems without any action. The behavior was so out of control my child came home upset, complaining that she did not learn anything. Good teachers, TERRIBLE principal. Without the administrative support, the teachers cannot focus on teaching.

Oehl Elementary School 1

Posted August 10, 2014
My child went to this school from 4th grade till 6th. He was bullied the whole time not just verbally but assualted on more than one occasion. My son is so sweet never been a problem at school and i didnt mention he is a special ed student. Not only did they fail to protect my son but seemed to blame him even though he only fought back once after years of abuse by others. Principal is worthless in helping and makes less of the bulling. So glad we are done there. Great school if you are a bully. Not great if you are the kid being bullied on a daily yes daily basis.

Posted October 16, 2009
My son just started the dual immersion program this year. I was nervous because he is an English Only student. I had several parents as well as his pre school teacher try to discourage me from putting him in the program. They said it confuses the child to learn the two languages so early. What set me at ease is that the principal's daughter is in the dual immersion program. It is comforting to know that she trusts the program enough to put her own child in. My son has been doing great. He loves learning Spanish and the extra challenge was exactly what he needed. The staff is wonderful at Bonnie Oehl. My son is only in kindergarten but it seems like most of the staff members know him by name (in a good way).

Posted October 07, 2009
They have great Dual Immersion classes. From kindergarten to 5th grade. They not only learn english perfectly but they also learn spanish with ease.

Oehl Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2005
I've had 4 children attend Oehl over 9 years. There are some great teachers. Too bad there hands are tied by 'standards.' If you have taught your children anything at home,you probably don't want to send them to public school. Too much time is spent trying to catch up on the first five years of life. If you think that schools are your children's primary teachers, by all means, send them. Schools are more interested in attendance, or rather their precious funding, than they are in scholastic achievement; they are more interested in punishmests than positive direction. I do know! For two years straight I helped out in multiple classes an average of 10 to 15 hours per week. (More parents should do that if they want positive reform.)

Posted May 28, 2005
The teachers and staff at Bonnie Oehl are wonderful! They are supportive, caring, and very helpful. They really go out of their way to make sure the kids there succeed. I was always kept up to date on my child's progress and problems. The only problem I had with the school is the need for a (much) larger multi-purpose, or auditorium room. There are simply too many children and parents in attendance for award ceremonies.

Oehl Elementary School
2525 Palm Avenue, Highland, CA  92346
Last modified Oehl Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oehl Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top