Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Its only our first year (in kinder) but it has been great. There is a terrific sense of community within this school. My son has been supported and challenged and i feel they give the students lots of different experiences.

Last year, which was our first year of school ever, was a little rough but coming in a little more experienced with how Smith Elementary functions I strongly stand by their work ethics.

One of the biggest schools in Huntington Beach, but the staff & teachers make you feel at home. We've had exceptional teachers each year and have taught our kids to make the best out of what happens at school. No school is perfect, but feeling comfortable and safe when leaving our kids at school is critical to our family's happiness.

It was our son's first year at Smith. We were a little worried since he was coming to the school as a 2nd grader. However, his teacher, Miss Sotello helped him to feel welcome right away. She was absolutely amazing. His development over the year was very noticeable, as was his behavior and thirst for learning. He developed an enthusiasm for reading and writing. His relationship with his teacher was a special one that I know he will never forget. If you get Miss Sotello, you are in good hands. She uses an individualized approach to bring the best out of her students!

I fell this way because..... this year 2015 Smith is not a bully free school. Parents and teachers don't understand about the advice they usually recommend. The parent or the teacher doesn't think what also might have happened. Smith teachers and staff don't realize that they are two side to the story. Third grade teachers go on their phone during lessons. Smith has stupid programs and they don't realize that the student is suppose to follow along with the class level. On the other hand teachers teachings are OK. The friendship there don't last. Substitute are mean. Fun there is OK. Kids don't follow boundaries. One time a teacher let 5-10 kids go on a website call "Animal Jam" . As far as I know they make math BORING. Kids get injured a Lot there. 1/3 of the reason is bullies. Teachers are really picky there too. Kids get a lot of fun activities to do. Lunch ladies are mean. That's why Agnes L Smith is an average school but mostly bad

This school is horrible! Teachers are rude to students and condescending to us parents when we bring it to their attention. My child cries and has begged me to transfer him to another school. He's in 3rd grade... I've talked with several other parents who've actually transferred their child or are in the process of transferring. Teachers (not all) do not seem happy and our kids even notice it.

Originally picked out as a school to attend because of the strong music program, my daughter is slowly acclimating to her class. Even though she has just started kindergarden, I have bad vibes about this school. I am not happy about the fact that I was accosted on two different occasions (different days) by the vice principal as I was trying to verify my daughter would be attending this school. I found it very strange that the school personnel was nasty to me until proof was shown my daughter would attend. Not cool.

This school is GREAT! Communication system is wonderful. I feel very comfortable with the staff.

I love smith! My son has gone her for three years now! Teachers, faculty and parent volunteers are all awesome!!

Agnes Smith school is only as good as its teachers. Unfortunately, getting those good teachers is strictly luck. If you happen to be unlucky and get a teacher that is sub par and there are a few, you are in for one long year.

Last modified Agnes L. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.