Huntington Beach, CA

St. Simon And St. Jude Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2013
With exception to a few, most of the teachers are tired and just want to kids to "read the book", don't bother them with questions. Their so-called special programs are a joke! After 2 years of Spanish, my child can't speak Spanish (although he can do "word searches" well). After three years of music, they play the recorder (plastic flute) and are great with bells! Really? After 3 years of a so-called music class, my child wants nothing to do with music because all he heard or learned about was Bach, Beethoven and the like - how about learning about different styles of music, jazz, blues, etc? If you call "cutting and pasting" Art, then I guess you will like their Art program. They need to focus more on academics and stop spending so much time and money on "special programs" that are so lame!! If you are a part of the "in crowd" you will have a great time, if not, don't even think of making suggestions. As for the principal, maybe the school should be renamed "Mrs. Smith's Kingdom at SSJ". Don't know anyone more impressed with herself! If you plan on your child attending this school through 8th grade, don't ever ever ever question her or her teachers!

St. Simon And St. Jude Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
The bullying that goes on here is atrocious! Every year they go on about how the principal doesn't put up with bullying in any way, shape or form. I pulled both my children out of this school because my oldest was being bullied and she (the principal) refused to do anything about it even though others saw it and he had bruises and torn clothing. Even a parent who saw my child get punched was dismissed. Do NOT put your child in this school!

St. Simon And St. Jude Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2012
Read all the reviews....same principal.....same problems from past years....unless your family is a wealthy donor or very involved in PFA or other school programs you won't be heard when you have a problem. Numerous kids who should be discliplined aren't corrected because their parents are connected. If your child is the target of one of these kids....good luck! No one is going to help you. Academics.....good....too much "parent" home work....so again ....If you work....be careful....you'll be up late!

Posted November 25, 2011
We are new to this school and have found it to be everything we hoped for our daughter. The kids and teachers were very welcoming it made the transition easy (even for a 5th grader). There is always an activity for the kids (and parents) to get involved in. The curriculum is challenging but not too difficult. I like how the kids have mass every week and religion, technology, music and Spanish classes. I'm 100% happy with our decision to send our daughter here.

Posted November 17, 2011
SSJ has been a part of our lives for 11years now, with 2 years to go. I've had one child graduate, and one still attending. The level of education is top notch. The curriculum and extra curricular activities are expanding, where many schools are cutting back. The leadership of the school is excellent, and adapts readily to the fluid times that we live in. All of this in the context of a faith filled environment that you would expect from a Catholic School. We are a tight knit community with our children's all around best interest as our main focus.

Posted October 16, 2011
Sts. Simon & Jude is the best school in Orange County for educating the complete child. Highly recommended for any parent wanting the best education for their children.

Posted October 15, 2011
Wonderful school. My girls have been at Sts. Simon and Jude since the start of their education. They are happy and thriving in their environment. There is never a shortage of parent involvement.

Posted October 15, 2011
Two of my sons have graduated from Sts. Simon & Jude and have gone on to be very successful in High School and my oldest earned an academic scholarship to Santa Clara University. Thank you Sts. Simon & Jude for the exceptional preparation you gave my sons.

Posted October 15, 2011
SSJ is a great community in which to raise your children. The academics are excellent and the parish is extremely supportive of the school.

Posted October 14, 2011
My child and I have enjoyed our years at SSJ. From the teachers, curriculum,families to the principal support. There are no perfect schools as is there are no perfect parents or students. The Christian values and continued attention to a better enviroment is what keeps me an active parent here. All faculty, staff and the principal are easily accessible. My childs education is a priority for me and SSJ has provided an excellent enviroment for it. I would recomment it highy!

St. Simon And St. Jude Elementary School
20400 Magnolia Street, Huntington Beach, CA  92646
Last modified St. Simon And St. Jude Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Simon And St. Jude Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top