1-9|Private

Bad
Good

My son has been attending Slauson Learning Center #2 since October of 2012 and I have to say I am extremely satisfied with our experience so far. Slauson Learning Center does not believe in taking the easy way out and suspending thier students, but instead have "in school study" where the child still gets an opportunity to learn and be in school. This was not the norm at my sons last school and we are very lucky to have found a school where the all the staff go above an beyond to give my child the best chance at reaching his potential. Slauson Learning Center has been the first school where he has experienced success and most important he loves going to school everyday. -proud parent

I would like to share my review of Slauson Learning Center by sharing part of a letter I wrote to the administrators and staff earlier this year: Monday through Friday a bell rings on Wall Street; it signals the start of investments, the purchase and sale of items. The Slauson Learning Center in its own fashion makes an investment however it is in the lives of our children, community, and our country. The teachers & support staff at Slauson Learning Center seem to really care, their willingness to be a part of the staff says much. The children at Slauson Learning Center do not fully understand that a lack of self-control winn under mind every areea of thier lives. Words just aren't sufficient to say what a great endeavor you undertake everyday and the difference your school makes. I admire the the job you are doing at Slauson Learning Center, the investment in changed lives. May God bless your efforts.

My son was diagnosed ED. He was at a diiferent NPS for about 2 years with rarely any success. He has now spent one full year and now on his second year he is already on dual-enrollment. The entire staff are like family and they really care about the kids, I hate to have to see my son go back to public school. The staff takes each child's success very personal and do what ever it takes to make your child succeed. The teachers my son has had are always available not just from 8 to 4. I recommend this school highly to everyone if you care about your child this is the place. It is like having a support team just for your child. I can't say enough about this school.

This is a publicly funded "non-public" school for special education students, who have been abandoned by LAUSD. Most of the children are Black males, very few Black girls and Latino boys. Most of the children are here because they have ADHD or were labeled ED. The education here is sub-par; my child fell behind an additional 2 grade levels while here. He had the same teacher for two years, and his class worked on the multiplication tables the entire year. The reason given was that because new students kept coming in, they needed to be be up to speed before the entire class could move on. The one bright spot was the aides in the rooms. Most are male, most are Black males, and they worked wonders for my son. The Vice Principle is fantastic, and so are the office staff and counselors. But, overall, if you want your child to receive help for their learning disability/behavior problems AND learn, DO NOT send them to these types of schools. No matter what you are told, force your childs home school to find a way to accomodate them in the general population, in the least restrictive environment.

Last modified Slauson Learning Center, No. 2 is a Private school that serves grades 1-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.