Public charter
Inglewood, CA

City Honors College Preparatory Charter School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
This school is ridiculous. Don't be fooled by the "Honors" and "College Preparatory" in the title. The principal and the senior advisor/English Teacher are more concerned with being friends with certain students than actually teaching and leading the school. Sadly the students actually have potential, but due to the lack of leadership, academic advisory, communication with the parents and overall professionalism, the students are losing out. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

City Honors College Preparatory Charter School 3

Posted September 08, 2014
Last week the school had a assembly. It was the first week of school. I think that the school needs a new principal because she tried to scare us by saying that we had to ware uniform and not curse. She even said TRY ME two times to a boy who made a comment out loud. The students need someone who listens to our opinions. We should feel free to make comments abourt our school. I am thinking of attending a new school allready.

City Honors College Preparatory Charter School 1

Posted June 21, 2014
This year has been pathetic. I have calle every day for three weeks and not spoken to anyone. The lady in the office never can answer my question and I have calle several times allready. My daughter told me that her friends were taken to a fun fieldtrip by the principle on a school day and I want to know why my child was not taken and why it was secret. This school needs to communicate with parents more. I have not been to one parent meating this year and I have allot of suggestions and concerns.

City Honors College Preparatory Charter School 3

Posted March 19, 2014
Who is the principal of this school???? Every time I come she is hardly there. My child constantly complains about the lack of interaction he has with the principal and counselor. We need a new leader!!!!! Maybe someone more interactive & engaging.

Posted November 06, 2013
This school is definitely unorganized. This school year has been constantly changing things and not informing the parents. I can't begin to say how many times since September they have changed their decision on the staffing. My daughter is concerned about if she will have all the proper credits to apply for college, they moved her in the middle of the school semester, saying that one of the teachers messed up the class schedules. She has 1 more year and I don't wish to put her in another school since she has been here since 9th Grade, but this is unacceptable especially if you call yourself a College Prep High School and you are no where near organized. Ms. Brown is supposedly back but she has given some conflicting messages, they really need to get their act together and concentrate on making this a school that honors their name. Definitely need more socializing activities and motivation for their students.

Posted August 09, 2013
My school has changed. And not for the better. We have lost our fun activities - the ones that make going back to the classroom worthwhile. Some of my classmates are talking about leaving the school because the high school next door has more options than we had last year. We didn't even have student meetings so that the principal could tell us about what would be offered this year. My friends all think that because Mrs. brown left, things have changed. We don't have school spirit because there is no motivational speeches or visitors or even visits from the principal to hype us up before testing. Ppl are fighting because they know they can get away with it. That was never the case-we knew Mrs. Brown would find out and we respected her. How can we respect someone who doesn't even know us?

Posted July 26, 2013
City Honors has really changed this year. In the past, the students would seem excited about coming to school, talked about the help they received, and the open-door policy the principal had. This year, since the new principal came to City Honors, parents and students wait a very long time to address issues that are occurring at the school site. This single change, a change in administration, has caused a change in the school's culture. What is going on? Something must be done to bring back the structure that the old administration helped so passionately to build.

Posted July 18, 2013
As an educator, I been totally overlooked and under appreciated this year. The sad part about it is that my students notice how our new admin treats us teachers. They even comment about the detachment of any sort of relationship between the new principal and themselves. It is disheartening and sad to see our students not wanting to continue to stay at the school due to the lack of admin presence on campus as well as in classrooms. Not only does she do that, she criticizes the staff and talks to only certain teachers in her office -- when they should be in their classrooms teaching. As a new principal, it was her job to acclimate to the new campus of CH. She has done no such thing. We need strong instructional leadership on our campus. Teachers and students are FED up!

Posted July 10, 2013
I wish Mrs. Brown would come back as principal. The "family like" atmosphere promoted community, academia, and a genuiness that the new principal doesn't have!!!!!! BRING BACK THE VISION OF CITY HONORS....OUR CHILDREN MATTER!!!

Posted June 27, 2013
The principal spends all her time in her office pushing papers and makong phone calls. She delegates discipline decisions and dealing with parents to the school secretary. You never see her in classrooms. She doesn't know the majority of students' names and doesn't interact with them.

City Honors College Preparatory Charter School
155 West Kelso Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90301
Last modified City Honors College Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City Honors College Preparatory Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top