Public charter
Inglewood, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 05, 2014
Love how they teach and watch out for my Kids. It's a whole family affair with the way they care for each other at this school.

Posted October 18, 2013
Century Community Charter School is a great school. Teachers & staff are very interested in the childrens education. Very warm & friendly.

Posted October 18, 2013
My school Century Community Charter school is the best school ever because we listen, have good grades, and we also pay attention.

Posted October 17, 2013
Excellent School! As an educator, I love everything about it! The teachers are great and so is administration!

Posted October 09, 2013
As the retired principal of CCCS I find this parents commends appalling on many levels. Spoiled grapes is my reaction; didn't get her way and now is making up FALSE claims. First and foremost the parents know all the requirements BEFORE they enroll their child. Second, my very good guess is the parents who complain are the parents who DID NOT DO THEIR PART and are actually surprised at the results.... Kids don't pass, kids lose activities, kids can't graduated------ALL SPELLED OUT, multiple methods to communicate with the parent and ask for them to support their child that go unanswered until........the end of the year. I retired because of these parents! The last one berated, cussed, and yelled at me...... I caution parents because one day you are going to wake up and NO ONE is going to be there to educate your children and that to me is a tragedy.

Posted July 03, 2013
This school is phenomenal. The students experience lots of hands-on project based and oriented learning aligned with the state standards. While learning about Egypt, students actually mimic the mummification process of the ancient Egyptians with the use of common household items and a chicken. The 6th grade students have been on a total of 12 educational field trips this past school year, and some students will be taking a voluntary educational trip to Costa Rica with teachers this coming school year. The dance, choir, theatre, and art electives provide enriching skills and allow students to really "show" us who they are. There are a plethora of after school clubs/enrichments/activities such as rock climbing, recycling club, cooking classes, young novelists, robotics, and more which peek the interests of students and assist in the development of a well rounded and universal student. Our staff members are all concerned about the well being of each and every student. We are a home away from home for many students who attend CCCS.

Century Community Charter School 1

Posted June 15, 2013
Doing stuff that seems illegal. Not giving students report cards or progress reports because they charge for everything. One dollar to print a page, they charge for students literature books, for fundraisers they charge you if they are not sold and if you don't they won't give you the students report cards. Giving students detention and making the students scrub the toilets. VERY UNPROFFESIONAL. They also said that they don't do background checks on their employs and had the nerve to say if I wanted a background check done on their employs I would have to pay for it. They don't provide lunch for their students.. THIS IS HORRIBLE SCHOOL. Why would you make your children suffer in an environment like this. I would never recommend this school to anyone. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL111

Posted June 15, 2013
I have 2 children that attend CCCS and 1 that graduated 3 years ago. I think the staff and teachers have been amazing. Are there problems? I believe so. Is there room for improvement? I believe so. I'm aware they have fund raisers (they have wonderful field trips) Am I aware they charge $1.00 per page for a copy(its to teach kids to do work at home instead of trying to do it last minute) Do I agree with the dogs on campus... No I don't. BUT it was a CHOICE to send my daughters there. I have had a few mishaps with teachers but the good has very much outweighed the bad!! CCCS is a great school a spark of hope in this community

Posted May 16, 2013
I have 4 children, my third one is currently attending and I can't wait for my fourth girl to go there.

Century Community Charter School 4

Posted December 14, 2012
I read the review where a parent...obviously upset, and I am sure to her with good reason, but I feel the exact opposite. I do agree that the teachers are wonderful, and they do go the extra mile for their students. The teachers cannot do what they do in the classroom without an administrative team supporting them. I have received so much help from the principal, the dean, the counselor, and the clerks. They have listened to me when I needed them to. My child is better because of the love, care, and concern from everyone at CCCS. My child loves the fact that the dogs are there, and that the kids can sing and dance, and go on amazing fieldtrips.

Century Community Charter School
901 South Maple Street, Inglewood, CA  90301
Last modified Century Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Century Community Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top