Bad
Good

Posted September 12, 2014
I graduated this year from inglewood high school and I cant say it's a bad school. The negatives of the school would be that there are many students that don't take the school seriously, the staff isn't understanding, the counselors wont help much, the attendance office was the worse, the worst part about this school was that every idea that we gave to raise money or to have fun would be rejected. I was a teachers assistant on my senior year and the most frustrating thing was that the students always waiting until the day before the grades are due to turn in items that the teacher repeatidly told them to turn in, it would be frustrating and annoying. The positives of this school was the food was great, the electives are really interesting if the student is willing to try new things, it has a college center in the main building, and has amazing ap courses. Although the school isn't so challenging and doesn't have much money. You have to work with what you have I would recommend a day at the school and see how the students and teachers behave

Posted September 10, 2013
Some people say its a bad school but it is not. There are great things happening at inglewood such as a great band, sports and others. The bad kids make up 20-30% of the school but is easy to ignore. Westside schools say bad things but inglewood highschool is up and coming to past them.

Posted August 01, 2013
Hello ,My name is Emara Valentine and I have been attending Inglewood High School for three years now. Honestly we all know that Inglewood High has its reputation, But when you actually there and have experienced things its not how people make it seem. I'm sure people base it on many things such as; riots/fights and test scores. Test scores something Inglewood needs to approve on, but I'm positive that if us students had a lot more preparation the scores would improve. As for me I care about my education I just passed my sophomore year with a 4.0 GPA and I'm absolutely proud of my self to know that my environment cant effect how I think and feel about school. Also there are a lot if teachers who care a lot about the students and how we feel and the grades we get because they may have similar upbringings or can relate to situations we've been in. Inglewood High may have its pros and cons but for the most part their are students who are actually learning and are going to good colleges.

Posted April 06, 2011
So I'm a freshman at IHS right now & this schools isn't as bad as it seems. I am in the GATE program & so my parents wanted me to apply for City Honors. But my moral is, " Don't knock it, until you try it. " So I went to my homeschool which is Inglewood. I had heard of all the bad rumors and truthfully the school is trying. If you notice, all the surrounding schools are charter or you have to apply. So we automatically get some of the bad students, but they make up 20% of us. Most of us care but due to the kids who don't try we look bad. To anyone wodering about the school, it depends what you want in life. Like if you play sports, then you should go here. We have a great sports program. If you focus on school the maybe City Honors or Animo. But still consider us becuase we have AVID ( college prep ) & due to that I'm 1 year ahead of my friends at other schools. We have a collge center and we have a variety of electives. The school spirit is somewhat okay ~ We have random DJ things at lunch. We've had only two pep rallies so far though. But Homecoming week was a b l a s t. So thats it ~ Before you talk, go check us out. Go Wood ~

Inglewood High School 1

Posted December 23, 2010
I graduated last year in the top ten and I now am a freshman....See the main difference between inner city schools and predominantly white and/or Asian schools is that urban schools focus on getting the student out (graduating them). On the contrary, suburban schools focus on getting their students into college. Minorities tend to reward failure, while others reward success. Most of the positive reviews don t quite make comprehendible sense. Even though ones success in college is up to them, HS is designed to make the transition smoother. Each level of schooling is supposed to prepare you for the next level right?? So think about that before you start to put all of the blame on students. Student tend to do what they see; so if they see adults/faculty rewarding them just for graduating as suppose to being accepted into college, they will do the bare minimum. So to wrap this up, even though I was able to succeed in college, I was not prepared by my teachers. If I had to do it all over again I would have went to a better high school where the principal and the majority of the staff cared more about the children rather than their paychecks.

Posted December 09, 2009
After reading the comment from the former student who was one of the Top 10 and Honors, I have to say that college is what you make it. I too graduated from Inglewood High although I was not in the Top 10 nor was I a Honors Student however I feel that my teachers did prepare me to the best of their ability. I had to put forth some effort myself. I once felt that high school was a joke and the teachers couldn't possibly know what they are talking about how prepared other students were in college. I must say that Inglewood High School got me to college, it gave me the foundation to accept my responisblity and work very hard to achieve my goal. THere are a lot of people that graduated from IHS and have gone on to higher education and finished....I'm one of them

Inglewood High School

Posted December 09, 2009
My son graduated from Inglewood High School and went on to a four year university on a full academic scholarship. I think the teachers at IHS were very helpful throughout his years. I believe that some people should not blame the school for their hard time in college. I don't think college was designed to be easy

Inglewood High School 1

Posted November 18, 2009
As a former Honors student who graduated in the top 10 and went on to attend a well known university, I can honestly say that I was very unprepared for higher education by IHS. Though the majority of my instructors were caring and hard working, their teaching resources were extremely limited. Coupled with the school's violence and obvious segregation issues, this school cannot provide the level of education required to successfully attend a four year university. That said, it is up to the student or parent to put in the extra time and effort to master the outdated materials provided. If you or your child are currently attending IHS, know that you will have to work twice as hard as the 'Palisades kids' to make it through your first year of college. Like all things in life however, if you work hard enough, you'll eventually adapt and succeed.

Posted September 26, 2009
inglewood high school, i attend this school now, there acedemic hopes are high, the school needs the parents to involve their students in school more and get their students todo their work, the scool tries but theres 3 factors, the school the parent and the student. me myself have had a pretty good experience, here thus far, there college program is good for college help, and there cheer, drill and band is fantastic. the teachers could involve themselves more, in the students education more, and i beleive that would be possible through a blocked schedule. the school would be greater if they improved lunch time activities, more rallys, more spirit. the api is 601, they want 800 this year, they have high expectations, our school is talented, but again the parents need to get involved. this school is very social with one another. just for a ps.

Inglewood High School 5

Posted September 23, 2009
This school is immense. One of the best schools, ever. Let alone, I love it. x

Inglewood High School
231 South Grevillea Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90301-2323
Last modified Inglewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.