Posted June 24, 2014
Very disapointed with the Administration at this school. Funding is their biggest concern and it shows. Very sad for us who live in the Ladera area and had big hopes for this school.

Posted February 04, 2014
La Tijera has some great teachers, but they are mostly concerned with funding over making sure the children are actually learning. Also, the Staff seems to be confused as to their roles and they gossip which I find extremely unprofessional. Above all, the student's actual learning should be first priority but it seems to fall second to school politics, funding, and petty gossip.

Posted August 19, 2013
This school is not very good. For one the principle was MIA most of the time. The counselor didn't know how to handle conflict between the students she just suspend without any resolution efforts. I believe the teachers are great.

Posted October 28, 2012
i have a daughter in TK and so far its ok. her teacher is a wonderful person from my point of view so far .the principal is very friendly but i can't say the same about the rest of the staff. At times most of them walk around with mean faces and don't even know how to say Goodmorning. before i enter my daughter i did my research on this school and its rating is a 2 out of 10 which to me is not acceptable but this was the school i was force to put her n due to her birthday falling in Nov, i really wanted a charter school instead which is what i might do once she stars 1st grade. since i was told she will be doing the same Kindergarten grade again once she finishes TK. i want my daughter to be challenge and not have to learn the same material over again since preschool. she's only 4 and already knows how to read , spell ,write, add, subtract, shapes , colors, nouns , verbs, plurals, compound words and many other things as well as a 1st grade. so its not really any issue for her to do the work giving to her now. i will continue doing my research and find out how i can have her tested to be put in the right type of class even if its not this school. hope things get better .

La Tijera School 4

Posted March 31, 2012
out of the 5 seventh grade teachers only 3 do there job. ms cueavs mr. wilson and mr. bowen are great the rest dont teach. The programs are surely great though. the principal is great and so is ms. miller

La Tijera School 1

Posted May 19, 2011
La Tijera's Principle is ineffective and doesn't really care about the school's , the teachers nor the students. He is hardly ever their, recently there was a stabbing at the school, another student tried to set a classmate on fire, the school lack a discipline plan, it is a dumping ground for students who get kick out of other schools due to poor test scores or poor conduct.

La Tijera School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
the parents dont even know whats going on at la tijera ! its the best school ever i love it with all my heart ! the teachers are funny and great . i moved from la t because of my mom but i misss it soo much i love la t<3

La Tijera School 4

Posted March 18, 2010
While there are some changes that need to be made at La Tijera School there some great things going on on the campus and there are some wonderful teachers at La T as well. This year the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers a awesome. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty. And as I walk my child to class I often hear these teachers teaching with such passion and see the students excited about learning. While I do not attend every single meeting I am around on the yeard in the mornings and after school. I have overheard teahcers and other staff planning to buy New clothes and uniforms for students in need, I have someone planning to take girls to get their hair done... To me many of the teachers care about the whone child and not just there grades.

La Tijera School 5

Posted August 28, 2009
Well i think this school is great my daughter was getting grades from about a+ a to a d+.But that school really helped my daughter improve from a d+ to a a+.

La Tijera School 1

Posted August 04, 2009
My child attended this school for the first time in 2009. Not only was I disappointed by the unfinished (stalled) construction going on but the teacher was completely disorganized, unconcerned and unable to take control of the class. As a result my child did not fair well needless to say and the office staff was unprofessional, unattentive and rude. I stood in the office waiting for assistance while office workers walked past me and ignored me. Picking up and dropping off was a nightmare, there are few extra curricular programs, there is nothing for the kids to do at lunch/recess because there is no playground to speak of or things for the kids to play with. Shall we speak of academics? Well lets just say I feel my child completely missed out on a whole year of instruction at the hands of a teacher whose concern was not the student.

La Tijera School
1415 North La Tijera Boulevard, Inglewood, CA  90302
Last modified La Tijera School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Tijera School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top