Inglewood, CA
Students enrolled: 1,111

Posted April 27, 2010
For the people who say 'Morningside is a bad school' maybe because you or your child/children do not pay attention in class I am currently attending Morningside and i'll tell you that I am not going to be one of those people working at McDonalds I am going to be the boss of all those students in beverly hills,Santa Monica and all those 'good' schools for those who still don't believe me look at your child grades absencies and check if they have homework the school doesn't make the students the students make the school

Posted April 13, 2010
Well this is my first year attending Morningside High. They have a great Magnet Program that can help a student achieve their maximum potential. The program offers a variety of classes that you can use to reach college courses. I will be attending this wonderful school for all my years that i have left in my High School years. GO MONARCHS!

Posted September 30, 2009
Once again, I am impressed with the teaching staff at Morningside. My son started the 10th grade this year and is taking honors classes..I feel his teachers will challenge him to be an independent thinker and help him be a better person. New principal this year, Dr. Sirls (previously at Monroe Middle School), he is a hands on principal and a focused administrator..Only thing is I wish they wouldn't 'slam' the gates closed when the bell rings in the morning :-)...I hope more parents of Morningside kids write here to let people know that although MHS has it's share of troubles..which didn't happen overnight...the administration is trying their best to improve this school...personally, I thnk they are on their way.

Morningside High School 1

Posted September 30, 2009

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted April 17, 2009
Morningside High School has always had a negative image. I attended Morningside from 2000-2004 and can proudly say that I was more than prepared for academia and the real world. I will be graduating this fall with a double bachelors degree in finance and business administration and starting my graduate studies at USC this fall (2009). Ms. Varela, Ms. Vuknic, Mr. Clamp, Mrs. Richarson etc. are all great teachers. No matter what school you attend your education is what you make it. I see several people from surropunding schools like Torrance High and Mira Costa working at the mall or construction jobs. Didn't they go to top prep schools with great resources? Parents have to be held accountable for their children. There are no handouts in life. Inglewood Unified always gave Morningside the short end of the stick (administrators) and we still made due with less. MHS 4 Life!

Morningside High School 3

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted October 03, 2008
Morningside High School is a good school, for those who take time to learn what the teachers are providing them (including me). Some parents and students think that MHS is a bad school, if that's so, how did our API scores rise. I attend MHS now, I will be graduating this year and I feel I have learned things, because I wanted to. Unlike some students that are in my classes that don't do any work, and then have the audacity to criticize the teachers. What I find wrong with this situation is that some students do not care about their own future, therefore the ones that graduate complain that MHS did not prepare them for the 'real' world. What I have to say is that there have been virtually no fights or gang-related problems, excluding some petty arguments. For future people, do some work and see what happens.

Morningside High School 0

Posted August 29, 2008
this is a great school i just graduated from here 2008 when i entered this schoool i was entering as an 11th grader but my credits were at 9th grade level but with a lot of help and assistance i was about to graduate on time and participate in all the senior activities this school is turning around and becoming very helpful jesse jackson even came to our school how many kids can say they shook jesse jacksons hand ? i know i can

Posted August 28, 2008
morningside high school tries to encourage students as much as they can to gao to college. they give you many choices of colleges to choose from, and they don't pressure studets to do anything. they just try to convince them to do the right and smart thing and if I could go to any school in the world it would be morningside high school because they have wonderful teachers and staff, a clean and beautiful school, and most of the students are well behaved.

Morningside High School
10500 South Yukon Avenue, Inglewood, CA  90303
Last modified Morningside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morningside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top