Parent (Frank D.) Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
My child attends Frank D. Parent and I have a few concerns about the faculty at this school. I was so excited when school started and things were fine up until it was time to communicate with the office staff! School has been in session for almost 3 months now and I can truly say the service I received from the office staff has been nothing but RUDE, UNACCEPTABLE, and UNPROFESSIONAL! On three different occassions, I either left the office or hung up the phone displeased and very concerned that my child attends a school with an office staff that lacks an essential part of the functionality of a school; communication skills. One morning I walked into the office and NEVER received a greeting, may I help you, what can I do for you, what do you need. Two ladies looked up and put their heads back down and continued doing what they were doing. When I walked out, there was a staff member that walked out ahead of me and ask once we got outside did anyone help me. I said no not at all. She shook her head and said I can try to help you. Another time, I called in regards to my child and the lady I spoke with was so rude, I felt like reporting her to the school district.

Posted October 21, 2014
I am a proud Panther Alumni and I went to Parent from '07 to '11. Yes I was bullied and yes Mr. Gregory took initiative to stop the bullying as well as a school-wide assembly on bullying. The office staff was kind of iffy and not very welcoming, if you'd ask me I'd say they belong at the DMV or Post Office not a family-friendly environment. Ms. Autrey was one that needed some happiness in her and to be more manerable to adults and the elderly. Most if not all the teachers were very educated and met the requirements to teach the lessons and mannerable. I was fortunate to have teachers as Mr. Williams, Mrs. Harvey, Coach A, Mr. Wilkins, Ms. Barrios, Mr. Pollard, Mr. Mackey, Mrs. Wallace, Mr. Guttierez, Mr. Taylor and Ms. Anderson. I have not stepped foot on Parent's campus in over two years; but believe me the staff knew me very well and loved me dearly. A reminder to parents and other alumni every school will have their flaws and all, but the difference the community makes is key. Participate in the PTA, join community groups to help better the school. God Bless, and Go Panthers, C/O '11!

Parent (Frank D.) Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2014
This school is horrible my son was bullied everyday to the point he was having panic attacks and didn't want to go to school. It became worst when he went into special ed. He Is A Quiet Kid I Went tTo his Teacher And Nothing was done. Man you have kids smoking weed drinking in the bathroom. Starting a lot of stuff on social media. Man I checked my son out recently. This school is the poster board school that needs new principal new teachers etc. It hurts my heart to see my son go through what he went through. So beware let this school be your last choice.

Posted July 26, 2013
I attended Frank D. Parent for middle school. It was a very nice environment. I learned more than I learned in a private school. The staff is warm and welcoming. And the principal Mr.Gregory is a very good principal. He strives for the students to their best and be rhe best. If you are reading this Frank D. Parent is an excellent school to send your child to.

Posted April 03, 2011
Frank Parent is a great facility to learn in. The grounds are kept up and the environment is pleasant. The curiculum is up to date and teaching techniques are constantly being updated. Will the school meet everyones expectations, no, not possible to make everyone happy. But a majority of the parents do like the school and help to make it better. With the financial climate as it is now, its going to need help from all parents and the community to keep going.

Posted August 20, 2010
My grandson has been attending The Algebra Club this summer, and it is a wonderful program. It is excellent for students to learn, catch up and to excel in Algebra. It is also very affordable for families. I am so happy that my grandson is able to get this jumpstart.

Posted August 17, 2010
I love The Algebra Club!!!!!!!!. My son has been attending The Algebra Club since school let out, and he looks forward to going everyday. He shares with me on the daily basis the different games and activities that the staff does in class to make learning algebra fun. I believe that The Algebra Club is not only preparing him for the upcoming school year, but also for when he goes to high school. I really hope that this program stays in place at Frank D. Parent to help other students excel. Thumbs up to The Algebra Club!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 31, 2010
Well this was a great month of July for my son. He attended Frank D. Parent this summer for their Algebra Club. He made new friends and connected with some old ones, learn many new ways to do Algebra problems and did different hands on activities connected to math. He was excited about going everyday. I did not have to make him go. There was were even days I had to go in and say its time to go home. Mrs wallace and the other teachers triggered the kids brains to want to learn they made it fun.

Posted July 28, 2010
Educamp is Wonderful!!! My daughter attends Frank D. Parent elementary during the regular school year and she also attends Educamp which is a great and affordable summer education camp. I was very relieved to find out that there was a camp for the summer at my daughters home school so I signed her up right away. I can not express in enough words how IMPRESSED I am with the Educamp overall! The camp directors are always very attentive, organized, and gracious whenever I interact with them. I also love the fact that there are so many camp counselors. This eases my mind while I have my child there. They have fun field trips on Fridays. I have personally been waiting for an afterschool program to be launched at Parent and Educamp would be my #1 choice for it! Will also sign up for Educamp next summer at Parent!(fingers crossed)!

Posted July 28, 2010
In contrary to the submittance of the post on July 5th, I will be sending my 2nd and 4th grade daughters to Frank D. Parent elementary school come Fall 2010. They have just finished their 6th week at "Educamp" and I see a totally different picture here from what the last parent posted. The teachers are warm and always greet the students with smiles and when I come early to pick them up they are never ready to leave. On our way home their always telling me the games and activities they played and new friends they've met. I have even attended a field trip to Seaside Lagoon with Educamp and all the counselors were very attentive and made sure the campers were safe and having fun. We hope they offer the program again next year.

Parent (Frank D.) Elementary School
5354 West 64th Street, Inglewood, CA  90302
Last modified Parent (Frank D.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parent (Frank D.) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top