756 students|Tustin Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My daughter attended Myford from 2nd-5th grade. Just as with any other situation in life, there were great teachers and there were JUST good teachers (just as there are great, good and bad bosses). I've told my daughter this is how life is, and to recognize the lesson to be learned from everyone she meets. Not every teacher can be your favorite teacher. Thankfully, she didn't have any horrible teachers here. I felt the staff (including a new princple as of 2 yrs ago) were supportive, friendly and always open to resolve any issues. The school has great academia, has diverse extracurricular activities, is clean, safe, and they promote positive children interactions to help nuture a fertile learning environment. I loved that the school was not only academically strong, but also focused on the children becoming good citizens of the world with respect for diversity, compassion for others, and a love for our environment. When I have to reflect on my daughter's overall experience at Myford, I have to say it was great!, as she academically/mentally/emotionally/physically flourished here and has many happy memories.

My daughter has been attending Myford since 1st grade, and we have been lucky enough to have had only positive experiences and assigned to wonderful teachers each year. We are looking forward to another great year as a 4th grader!

It seems like they don't investigate enough when a child is accused of something, such as saying bad words. On one instance, my son was accused of spitting, when he only made a noise with his mouth. No actual spitting took place, but he was accused of it. Since we didn't agree to sign their "think slips", my son has been accused of several other things, including saying bad words. When we asked my son at home, even when we told him that we won't punish him because of it, he kept telling us that he didn't say bad things. I don't want to punish my son for something he didn't do, but it seems that this school is based on "finger pointing witch hunts" and accepts accusations as evidence and proof without thoroughly, and properly investigating. One person says it, and done; Must be true. Our son is now considered to be a black sheep by the teachers at the school and are threatening an actual mark on his permanent record. These teachers are not trained to handle 5 year old children.

This school was an awful experience for my daughter. New teachers are not trained, chewing gum and very vulgar, talking about boyfriends and weekends. My daughter wants to learn and not be a part of a social club just for the teacher to vent about her life. I am not impressed. This school cannot be a 10.

Our daughter has been a student here for almost 2 years now. I rarely write reviews but feel very strongly that parents need to be cautioned about the school's policies regarding bullying. The student to teacher ratio is horrendous and the attentiveness of the staff/principal to repeated complaints of child harassment is appalling. I, myself, have been in contact with other parents and all seem to have the same story regarding their complaints being dismissed by the principal. There is a specific student who has physically/verbally assaulted others on several different occasions. When we brought this up to the principal, she said she would "investigate", yet months later, nothing...and the bullying continues. Our daughter has come home crying on multiple occasions and has been developing symptoms of anxiety and night terrors. This is a huge deal to us but apparently not to those in charge at the school. In consulting other parents in the same class, it became clear that we were not alone, yet NOTHING is done. The staff seems more interested in attaining "Distinguished School" status and coaching parents into what to say when interviewed. STAY AWAY

Creative, caring teachers and staff. We feel very fortunate to have such an exceptional school right here in our neighborhood. Keep up the great work!

Great experience with the teachers (Love Mrs. McNamara, Mrs. Weiss, Ms. Rikimaru and Beres). Unfortunatley there is a kid problem/bully problem at this school that is not taken seriously. It's been brought to the principals attention who takes a rather laid back approach. I have spoken to a number of mothers who have encountered the same problem.

This school is great. Mrs. Mcnamara is the best kindergarten teacher ever. She genuinely cares for the kids and is very patient when it comes to communicating with parents.

Mrs. Kaplan is a gem. She knows how to teach effectively to different student learning styles and truly cares.

As a principal I understand the concerns of parents regarding bullying. It is something that we take seriously at Myford and are implementing some new programs in order to do so. This year our first assembly is an anti-bullying assembly put on by the company The Power of One. Throughout the year we will be addressing issues such as bullying, diversity, and being an individual through literature and activities at monthly assemblies. I hope this proves to be a successful way to bring to light some very serious issues.

Last modified Myford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.