Myford Elementary School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
Our daughter has been a student here for almost 2 years now. I rarely write reviews but feel very strongly that parents need to be cautioned about the school's policies regarding bullying. The student to teacher ratio is horrendous and the attentiveness of the staff/principal to repeated complaints of child harassment is appalling. I, myself, have been in contact with other parents and all seem to have the same story regarding their complaints being dismissed by the principal. There is a specific student who has physically/verbally assaulted others on several different occasions. When we brought this up to the principal, she said she would "investigate", yet months later, nothing...and the bullying continues. Our daughter has come home crying on multiple occasions and has been developing symptoms of anxiety and night terrors. This is a huge deal to us but apparently not to those in charge at the school. In consulting other parents in the same class, it became clear that we were not alone, yet NOTHING is done. The staff seems more interested in attaining "Distinguished School" status and coaching parents into what to say when interviewed. STAY AWAY

Posted December 16, 2012
Creative, caring teachers and staff. We feel very fortunate to have such an exceptional school right here in our neighborhood. Keep up the great work!

Posted June 11, 2012
Great experience with the teachers (Love Mrs. McNamara, Mrs. Weiss, Ms. Rikimaru and Beres). Unfortunatley there is a kid problem/bully problem at this school that is not taken seriously. It's been brought to the principals attention who takes a rather laid back approach. I have spoken to a number of mothers who have encountered the same problem.

Posted January 05, 2012
This school is great. Mrs. Mcnamara is the best kindergarten teacher ever. She genuinely cares for the kids and is very patient when it comes to communicating with parents.

Posted September 27, 2011
Mrs. Kaplan is a gem. She knows how to teach effectively to different student learning styles and truly cares.

Posted August 18, 2011
As a principal I understand the concerns of parents regarding bullying. It is something that we take seriously at Myford and are implementing some new programs in order to do so. This year our first assembly is an anti-bullying assembly put on by the company The Power of One. Throughout the year we will be addressing issues such as bullying, diversity, and being an individual through literature and activities at monthly assemblies. I hope this proves to be a successful way to bring to light some very serious issues.

Posted June 01, 2011
Being a former student at Myford, I know how well the school runs. Mrs. Lev, who no longer works at the school, was an amazing principal. The current principal, Ms. Fedderly (many reviewers have talked about her) has done an OK job running the school. However, the school is still doing great. More maintenance should be done on the grass fields, but in terms of test scores, the school has done well. It has won 2 California Distinguished School awards and I expect it to win some more in the near future. Have your child attend this school!

Myford Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2011
I also think that there are some bullying situations happening at Myford. I hope Ms. Fedderly can take it seriously and encourage all kids to be friendly, loving, caring and to play with each other fairly. It is even more important than a high API.

Posted February 09, 2011
We have been delighted with Myford from K through 5th. The teachers are dedicated and exceptionally caring. The education is solid and considers a child's individual needs. Sadly, the class sizes increased this year with budget changes in the state, but the quality of care has remained. From Mrs. Nedderson, to Mrs. Ayers, Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Kilgore and more, we are very grateful for the great schooling our child has received.

Posted February 01, 2011
This school has an issue with kids being bullied and Ms. Fedderly overlooks such. Plus their is a language barrier with the parents although I'm not how Ms. Fedderly addresses them. I'm sure this is why the parent below has brought up the circumstance. The teachers this year also seem like they are only there for the paycheck except for some seasoned teachers this year. We ned to get rid of the bad teachers and replace them with teachers who truly care. Most parents don't know half the time what their child is doing in class. I personally think Ms. Fedderly should require a teacher to post such literature online in a web page format.

Myford Elementary School
3181 Trevino Drive, Irvine, CA  92602
Last modified Myford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Myford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top