K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 08, 2015
New Horizon School, Irvine has been a dream come true for our family. We are proud parents of a New Horizon alumni and we are immensely pleased with how his NH education has equipped him for his middle school experience. He is achieving straight A's in all of his coursework and has received compliments from all of his teachers on his amazing leadership and great character - all a direct result of his experience at New Horizon. He continues to hold dear to all of the friends he made while he attended school at NH. Our younger daughter has been a NH student since Preschool and we couldn't dream of a better educational institution for her to go to. NH challenges her academically, provides a robust enrichment and speciality class curriculum, an athletic program and character education. Beyond the classroom, we always feel so comfortable with our children attending New Horizon. They are surrounded by nurturing teachers and caring administration and staff. Our daughter LOVES going to school every single morning with classmates she considers her best friends and teachers she considers an extension of her family. When we drop her off at school we never worry about her, we know she is in the best hands and is looked after with care. New Horizon is our home away from home. New Horizon School, Irvine is the ONLY Independent Islamic School that is also a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. Additionally, NHIrvine has full accreditation by both WASC & CAIS. New Horizon offers our children substantial opportunities over ANY OTHER private or public school in all of Southern California. Our children have directly benefited from their Leader in Me program, developmental sports league, one-to-one laptop program, small class sizes & their stellar academic and religious studies program. New Horizon School, Irvine is a dream come true for our family!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 08, 2015
Thank YOU Dr. Dina Eletreby for all the amazing work you do! New Horizon School, Irvine is blessed to have you!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
My son a daughter were in this school for a year and a half. In brief: we had terrible experience with the school: 1- school has no discipline education, many of their children are left to do what they like, bullies are allowed and tolerated to the maximum extent. School administration is terrible, they will not listen to you, when they are put on the spot they would lie. 2. very poor education curriculum, high turn-over in their teachers and weak follow up on kids work. 3. very poor Arabic teaching I moved both my kids to a different school (Minaret academy) both are much happier. They both were gifted and talented in out of state school, they had terrible year at New Horizon Irvine, now they appreciate it. I now see my children coming from school with minimal or no complaints at all, they both enjoy their new school much more and feel like they are getting more education. I wish I started with the current school from the beginning. we personally as parents were in touch with administration of the (New Horizon) school for multiple issues related to education, behavior of some children at school, curriculum ..etc we found them very helpless and ignorant. I would not recommend this school to my friends. I believe they need a LOT of improvements.

New Horizon School, Irvine 1

Posted July 30, 2014
Unfriendly unwelcoming Principal and some staff members. Didn't like the environment here at all for my child.

New Horizon School, Irvine 3

Posted February 28, 2012
This school is a moderate islamic school. It has american teachers that teach the main subject sometimes jewish teachers and muslim teachers teaching the islamic subjects. They do a good job overall.

Posted January 24, 2012
As another parent once put it, New Horizon Elementary School Irvine is a gem in our community. The strong academic education is perfectly balanced with inspired character development. I believe this is the perfect training ground to help our children become proud American Muslims that will one day become leaders - professionally and personally.

Posted December 07, 2011
New Horizon School has changed my vision on life in many different ways. My child is so lucky to go to this excellent School. I wish every Muslim American student can attend this school to have the balance between American culture & the Muslim identity. My older kids were disadvantaged to attend New Horizon School. Inshaa Allah my grandkids will be lucky enough to attend it.

Posted September 13, 2011
New Horizon Preschool has done a great job in helping the children develop wonderful empathetic children that think with their hearts that when they come to Kindergarten, they are ready and willing to work with one another in class. It is exciting for me as a teacher to have children come into a classroom with the excitement to help one another, or compliment another classmate or even to go and help someone because they notice someone needs help!!!

Posted March 24, 2011
I am so happy that I chose New Horizon for my children. It provides a perfect balance of Islamic values and having an American Muslim identity. The school builds leadership skills in its students and listens to parents' feedback.The teachers and staff are very professional and go out of their way to make sure children experience success. Class sizes are small and students are given the regular curriculum as public schools, but they also have music, art, P.E. as well as Arabic and Relgious Studies. The staff and students are diverse and come from a variety of backgrounds. I'm so glad we chose this school. It offers much more than the local public schools.

Posted March 24, 2011
I have two children that have been attending New Horizon for the last 4 years. I am very happy with the professional teachers and staff. Academically, my children are well above their grade level. I really appreciate having such a wonderful school in the community.

1 Truman Street, Irvine, CA  92620
Last modified New Horizon School, Irvine is a Private school that serves grades K-6