No rating

LePort School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

We equip your child with *Knowledge for Life*.

Living in Irvine

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $556,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

School Official Point of View

Posted May 7, 2013

At LePort Schools, we work hard to provide a safe, nurturing environment for the children in our care, and take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori program for infants through third grade, and a rich, stimulating curriculum for our upper elementary and junior high students. Our individualized approach enables each child to reach his/her potential, and we are thrilled to do so in our brand new campus, which is beautiful, peaceful, and safe. Our goal is to welcome not only your child, but also your whole family into our community. You never really know a school until you meet the team that works there, so please do call us to schedule a tour, and to observe in one of our classrooms. Once enrolled, we welcome parents in on a regular basis, for "Watch Me Work Wednesdays," class celebrations, and Parent Education Evenings. When parents experience our classrooms in action, they comment on how content, friendly, productive, and gracious the students are and how patient, enthusiastic, and committed are the teachers interacting with them. We look forward to meeting you soon!

Posted January 25, 2014

My two daughters attend LePort. Our oldest enrolled when the school opened in Irvine (Sep 2012). She is thriving in the primary program. When she enrolled, she was very reserved in social situations. She has made lots of friends and is brimming with confidence. Her academic progress has been excellent - her guide, Ms. Fergusson, is so attentive to her specific interests, has really listened to us as parents, and we couldn't be happier. With child #2, I started with the Mommy and Me weekend program hosted by the school so that she could transition slowly, since she would only be 2 when she enrolled full time. Ms. Carlin, was an invaluable resource for all of the parents to discuss all matter of parenting questions and always with references back to how "Maria" (Montessori) would do it. When she enrolled the following spring, my youngest was already familiar with the school and many of the materials. She is in Ms. Calvo's class. She is very knowledgable and though she is strict (in a class of toddlers!), she is very loving. There were some hiccups in the school's first year, but to me, they were minor, and the growing pains are gone now. We will be at LePort for the long term.

Posted November 27, 2013

CONTD. I guess the management is so busy opening new schools, earning a better return on investment. And why would they care when the schools in Irvine have long waiting lists. Why the Irvine preschools have waiting lists is a big social debate!!. What I suggest to current parents in Leport is to push their teachers, management to give what they deserve. Parent involvement is zero in this school (except fund raising!!). Management does not want to get in any thing that may result in a way to track their performance (other than marketing meetings). They behave as if Montessori is smt mysterious and it can not be explained or followed up. It can be actually. In our new school, the teacher gives me weekly reports showing how my kid was using his time, my kid's work sheets (not only drawings), her development results and further development areas, etc. Good luck to all Leport families. May be we come back sometime in the future if things change :) Probably not, but I still hope the best for every body. P.S I hope the marketing manager stops posting those fake positive messages. They just stand out!!

Posted November 27, 2013

Head of school, Donna, (and Wendy) who wrote the above sentences are gone. School head changed (or resigned!?) for the fourth time in a year. So did the teachers in our class. Our last teacher, who is still there, is really good at yoga, flower arrangements, keeping voice low, pouring water from one cup to another and that's what she enjoys teaching the kids, even the 5 yr olds. ('normalization' !?) We moved to another school with older facilities where my kid learns real social skills, reading, math, Spanish, dancing, music and plays in a natural garden. He is happy with her own age group in a K-1 class (still Montessori). I tried to give feedback to Leport Management after our experience in this new school, trying to make a difference for the remaining kids but they did not even reply my mail.

Posted November 11, 2013

Our 7th grade son is now in his second year at LePort and the experience has been outstanding. The teachers are smart, kind, and committed to helping each child. They make learning entertaining and our son truly looks forward to going to school each day. The school even offers opportunities for after-school enrichment programs (our son participates in one re science). LePort keeps parents apprised of the child s progress, both through regular conferences and report cards as well as through impromptu emails with highlights of the child s accomplishments. The Irvine Spectrum campus is new, beautiful, and full of teaching technology in each classroom. But more important than the physical environment, the enthusiasm of the LePort staff for teaching and helping the students succeed is rare, refreshing, and impressive. We would strongly recommend LePort for an A+ private school experience.

Posted October 27, 2013

My daughter was at another private school in Anaheim Hills that was supposed to be a top school, but had many issues with administration and safety so we left. I researched every private school in OC and selected LePort after my reviews and visits to schools. WOW....I am so happy with our decision because now I see what she has been missing for so long. So many schools claim to deliver individualized instruction, character education, but LePort truly delivers. Each child's plan, growth, curriculum, and development are completely tailored and individualized. My daughter went from struggling in a math program that bypassed basic, foundational math skills to being a superstar in math (and loving it!). Instead of rushing through books for AR tests, she gets small literature groups where students discuss what they are reading..now THAT ensures comprehension. Her teachers actually eat lunch with the kids and discuss issues relating to good character. They don't have unnecessary specialty classes. Students have uninterrupted learning time with their teachers. My daughter is flourishing and I owe it to LePort. The teachers, staff and admin are phenomenal. Best OC private school.

Posted October 26, 2013

My daughter started at LePort this year after many years in a Montessori school. I had concerns about the transition being hard on her, given it's a new school, new friends, new schedule...everything new. But so far, it has been such a smooth transition. My daughter already loves LePort and has been fully embraced by the LePort community of teachers, classmates and other parents. She happily runs into the school everyday and she is thriving. She adores her teachers and says the kids are all really nice and helpful. She is making friends with not only kids in her grade but in the other grades also. The academic and overall experience are top-notch because of the teachers, who are dedicated and hard working and really give 100% and more to the kids. LePort has far exceeded my expectation. It will be my daughter's second home for the next few years.

Posted October 5, 2013

I am very pleased with LePort Schools. My son attended a wonderful AMI school for five years in another state. When I would ask my son in the past if he enjoyed school he would say "no". My son has been attending LePort this year and he say's he really enjoys it. He loves his two teachers and wishes that we had moved here sooner. I used to think that it was just my son who was going to be one of those students who didn't like school. I realize now that wasn't true. The school and the teachers make a big difference. I highly recommend LePort, it provides a wonderful environment for learning and growth.

Posted September 23, 2013

Our son started at the Le Port Spectrum Infant program at its inception, and has now moved on to the 18 month - 3 year old group. After reading some of the negative reviews from other parents, I started to wonder if we are attending the same school? We love all the teachers in the infant program, and consider them partners and collaborators in our son s development. Through their tireless passion and commitment, our son has made amazing progress at Le Port. His language and gross/fine motor skills far exceed standard, and our pediatrician always comments on how strong his focus and concentration level is for his age group. All of his teachers take the time to talk to us and address our questions and concerns. I definitely feel our son is getting the Montessori education we wanted him to have, and we feel confident entrusting our child in their care. All of the staff are friendly and helpful and greet our son with a warm and sincere smile everyday. A special thank you to Ms. Kirsten Carlin, Ms. Denise Rodriguez, Ms.Sharon Jeng, Ms. Bianca Solorzano, Ms. Natsuko Komori, Ms. Susan Carlson and Ms. Jaya Bhandaram.

Posted March 11, 2013

We never thought that creating a path for our child's education would be such a daunting process. So many factors to put into consideration. Faith-based vs secular vs homeschooling? Cost? Location? Safety and atmosphere of the school? Our educational philosophies? After a few months of stressing out, LePort stood out. Great organization, attentive staff, highly qualified teachers. However, despite of all the superlatives we still need to see if the system could actually deliver. And deliver it did. Our child overcame a very extreme case of separation anxiety. Our child is happily flourishing and unraveling beautifully. The teachers are amazing. They talk and act "montessori." They create an environment where children prosper wonderfully. Truly, an excellent school and we could not be more happier.

Posted March 6, 2013

My daughter has been having a fantastic year at the new Spectrum campus of LePort. She has blossomed in confidence in her Montessori elementary class and her enthusiasm for school is consistently high. She is encouraged to pursue topics that are of particular interest to her, which keeps her motivated and excited about learning. I am very happy to have my daughter at this school!

Posted March 5, 2013

My children have been in Montessori programs from the start, so it was natural for me to seek out an authentic Montessori school when we relocated to the area. LePort not only offers my children a nurturing group of dedicated educators, it also exceeds my expectations when it comes to customer service! The staff are extremely sensitive to making sure my children are happy, well-cared for and stimulated in their academic progress and thier social experience, as well. The teachers make time to address even the smallest issue, communicating to us parents in a variety of ways so that I feel totally connected with how my children are doing at school. This is by far the best school I have had the pleasure to send my kids to & I totally recommend it to anyone wanting the best for thier child!

Posted March 5, 2013

am a parent of twins enrolled at Leport Irvine Spectrum. I am very happy I made this choice after months of research and touring other Montessori schools. Their teachers (Miss Dee, Miss Monica, Ms. Calvo and Ms. Ana) have made such a great difference on my kids development, I absolutely love them and so do my daughters. True their prices are a bit steep but it's so worth every penny. I love how they let the parents be very involved in the children's curriculum, that gives me confidence and has allowed me to see with my own eyes how great this school is. If you are looking for a great and REAL Montessori school Leport is the way to go. Other places may be a 100 dollars cheaper but trust me you won't get what this school has to offer.

Posted February 20, 2013

very dissapointed in what has happened to Leport since its moved to Irvine. Our kids are not excited to go to school like they use to. The campus is beautiful on the outside but the once you start peeling the layers you will notice how uncaring the staff are.

Posted February 5, 2013

After visiting many schools, LePort was love at first sight for my wife and I: small classes, superb teachers, great staff, safe and state of the art facility. High academic expectations in a challenging but caring, encouraging, and non-intimidating environment is in few words what LePort offers and we believe essential for our daughter's happiness. She always speaks fondly of her teacher and assistant teacher and is very happy with her friends; we couldn't be more thankful. Germain Gabira

Posted January 25, 2013

Our two kids joined Montessori over 3 years ago. They have excelled in the Montesorri environment and especially at LePort. This is due in no short fact to the excellent teachers, curriculum, as well as the wonderful staff. My son is 7 years old and my daughter is 5 years old. Both have advanced reading, writing, math, and social skills, and this is definitely a result of the excellent program and teachers at Leport Montessori. My wife and have researched all the Montessori schools in Orange County and LePort is the best.

Posted January 14, 2013

We have both our sons in Leport for a couple of years and are very satisfied with the quality of this school. Our older son is in the Lower Elementary and the younger one is in Primary. The teachers and administration are truly dedicated to your children, and friendly and easily accessible. We came from another (very popular) Montessori private school in Irvine prior to this and the difference is like night and day. From the warm, inviting environment all the way to the detail attention of your children's behavior and academic progress. Even the playground is fully supervised. The curriculum and the classroom material are far superior and only gets better in the Lower Elementary. The new campus in Spectrum is also a great plus for us. Both of our sons are excited to go to school everyday, and couldn't wait to go back to school after our last Christmas vacation. We are so blessed and thank God that we can enroll our sons in LePort. We have the option to enroll them in Irvine public school but we've decided to keep our sons in LePort because of the superior quality. We consider it a wise investment for our children development.

Posted January 14, 2013

Our daughter has made great strides since joining the Irvine Spectrum location. Our teacher has many years of experience and we can see the difference in the way she interacts with our daughter. We see her really becoming a leader and more independent. I'm glad we found this school and look forward to the many more years to come in her learning.

Posted January 11, 2013

I had such a wonderful experience with my child at LePort initially, and I am devastated to see what has happened to this school. I am looking forward to when my child is older and is in the 4th-8th grade program, which I have heard from parents is very strong. For now I am stuck in the Montessori elementary classroom, which is a mess. The teacher last year was very sub-par and was fired at the end of the year. Unfortunately both the new teacher and the new head of school were even worse than the teacher who had been fired. The new head of school has also since "parted ways" but I think was fired after just a few months, and the new teacher is right out of school and is so nice but just has no idea what she is doing. The children are running around the class and are getting sporadic lessons at best. It is not at all what the other Montessori classes look like. My child is less mature after starting school this year, whereas in the past being in a Montessori classroom was a great help to her. It is a sinking ship.

Posted October 1, 2011

Our son joined Le Port Mission Viejo in 5th grade and absolutely loves it as do we as parents. We have been at several schools including several years at Montessori schools in Houston and in Laguna Niguel, two years in a "blue ribbon" public school (where bullying was a problem), a year at a non-denominational Christian school and finally at Le Port. Hands down this has been our best experience. Le Port lives by the principle that educating the child is their business and there is no solicitation of parents to volunteer in the classroom. The children are taught self-sufficiency and acquire a passion for learning from the young, energetic smart teachers who LOVE teaching and honor and welcome curiosity from their students. We truly feel privileged that our son has this opportunity and are so glad that we discovered this school. If your child is getting bored with the curriculum at his/her school, he or she will thrive at Le Port.

Posted September 29, 2011

We started sending our son to LePort Montessori in Mission Viejo since June 2011, when he turned 18 months old. Our experience with the school and the teachers have been nothing but positive. Our son is very happy there and we have noticed big improvements in his physical, verbal, and social skills. We are impressed by the friendly and professional staff and we are very happy with the decision of sending our son to Leport. -Submitted by Jian and Carsten (parents)

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Math specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Lindsay Journo and Jane Erickson
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Knowledge for Life Curriculum
  • Montessori
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Dance
  • Improv
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)