Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Great school. Very dedicated teachers and a lot of focus in overall development including soft skills. Acewise after school program, first in math etc are very good. The principal is very passions about the school and very enthusiastic and energetic. The school has rightfully earned 3 times California distinguished school.

This school is very focused on test scores and is unwilling to provide extra help for your child. The teachers use common core leaning methods and don't provide instructions on how to do the homework. I would like to see if the school administration could do the same work the teachers are having the students do? The front desk staff gossips about the parents of they call to let them know they are running late. I live close to this school but will be looking for another school for my children.

Great school! It is very competetive, but kids do well without getting stressed out too much. Teachers do not encourage kids too be too competetive, but many parents are uci proffesers and want there kids to do study all night, even when they are in 3rd grade. The teachers are some of the best teachers in california, most with degrees from schools including UCLA, stanford, and ivy league schools. The houses are expensive, but it is a great neighborhood to be in, Turtle Rock broadmoor particularly. I have lived here for 12 years and my kids are in 7th grade, and they love the schools here. I hope my review is helpful! -Stephenie Chen

Initially, our family concern for the twins was finding a school location that was safe and also finding a school that offered the finest public education within the area. From a grandmother's perspective, I am first of all very pleased to see the twins enjoying school so much. The teachers seem to be extremely dedicated. I am impressed by the emphasis and reward system related to moral values. With regard to improvement, I do see the boy twin struggling with mathmatics and reading, though I realize this may relate to his ability to comprehend. Handwriting skills seem to be somewhat lacking, certainly when compared to when I went to school in Ohio many years ago. On the other hand, I see the twins learning other things in first and second grade, that I didn't learn until years later. Overall, I believe the twins are receiving an excellent education, for which I am very grateful. Thank you.

Turtle Rock Elementary is great in terms of parent involvement, teacher excellence,communication and academics, but it has gotten too crowded. 930 kids is too much for this small school. We've been so pleased with the curriculum and the support of the terrific principal and staff, but something's got to give with the class sizes. These rooms were not built for 35 children. I do hope something can be done to alleviate this problem because this school truly rocks in every other way.

It is our son's second year at TR and we are very happy about the school and more than everything happy to see how our son enjoys going to school . He is not a native speaker and the 2nd grade teacher, Miss Kliger has been a fantastic help and he finished the year with many outstanding results and achievements.

Turtle Rock is an excellent preparatory school, not only academic-wise, but also is great at building excellent character. My son just graduated from 6th grade; since he was just a small boy in Kindergarten, I saw him mature to the wonderful young man he is today, all under the constant care and supervision of his teachers. The school provides a fun-learning environment to help balance out the high academic standards given by the teachers. Every single day, my son came home with a big smile on his face, and was excited to inform me about that day s exciting adventures and learning experiences in his classes, labs, the great PE-program, and the brilliant music curriculum. His teacher made their courses more interesting with things like PowerPoint Presentations, Oral Book Interviews, and Current-Events. When I asked him who his favorite teacher was, he stated, I love all of my teachers . His third grade teacher wrote a touching note to all of her 6th grade graduates. He will never forget the caring principal and loving teachers, and will carry the memory with him forever. I am in no doubt that TRE is the first stepping stone of many, to a successful career, and beyond.

My son has been in Turtle Rock for 4 years since kindergarten and he had wonderful learning and growing experience with his teachers and friends at TR. He is eager to go to school everyday and never complaints about stress and competition. The Principal is a passionate educator who is easy to approach with any questions or concerns. My son once asked her if she can go to the final of his city championship baseball game and she indeed showed up. I can tell that she sincerely cares about the education of each individual student. My son s teachers are very kind to students and they are very capable of motivating and inspiring students during the learning process. His 2nd grade teacher is always cheerful and makes parents volunteers feel appreciated. Her design of class activities creates a positive atmosphere that every student is a superstar. I highly appreciate the enthusiasm and energy of TR s teachers, staff and parents.

If you want your child to have a stress-free happy childhood, please do he or she a favor -- don't go to this school. If you want your child to be hard working and academically successful, this school might be the choice. Kids at this young age are already overly competitive and petty as in those accelerated classes and they do, as one reviewer said, take a lot of behind school programs. I heard the principal just delivered an excellent speech for the graduation ceremony asking students to "rejoice for other students' accomplishments", "be compassionate" and a few other inspiring points. Frankly I was surprised when someone told me about the speech because this is certainly not the culture of the school I know of. I hope the principal will use her own speech to guide the school from now on. Usually we only hear the bragging about the high CST and API scores during the back-to-school night. My rating for this school is arbitrary, reflecting my personal feelings towards the school --everybody including parents is trying very hard to succeed but loses sight of bigger pictures in life -- to be happy and compassionate.

Amazing school in a top rated school district. My daughter just completed sixth grade and is totally prepared for middle school and beyond. I can't say enough about the teachers, student body, and involved parents. TR is a large school but with a very close-knit small school feeling.

Last modified Turtle Rock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.