Posted February 08, 2014
It is obvious that the last two reviews (posted on Feb 7, 2014) were written by the same parent.

Posted February 08, 2014
We drive across Irvine to have our kids attend Vista Verde. Our kids have varying degrees of special needs. The staff is really trying to help my kids succeed, which has not been the case at other schools private and public in multiple school districts. We have great relationships with the principal, school psychologist, teachers, nurse, health clerk, and speech teacher. The other staff is also very nice and supportive. With the high standards of education at this school I don't worry as much about extra academics, and focus on extra curricular activities to target other areas. The main suggestion for this school is to reprogram language arts to be accessible to the dyslexic population at the school. We are so pleased with Vista Verde.

Posted February 07, 2014
After reading some recent reviews, it obvious nothing had changed at Vista Verde. This school is a disaster. If you are a busy body with nothing better to do than follow your kid to school and play politics, it ismost llikely a good fit. If you have an average kid (not too smart) that likes busy work this is the perfect school. However, if you ate familiar with education law and have a high functioning kid, or a disabled kid or both you really have three choices. Run! Get a lawyer and sue (please pick this one) or be miserable and buy all their lies. I had hopes that when the former principal left some miracle would happen but it is still in IUSD so I guess not. You are not crazy they are. Teachers are so spoiled with parent helpers they don't know what's up with any kid. They don't grade or record the papers....hod knows there are a lot of dead trees because of VV.

Posted February 07, 2014
teacher do not teach, being spoiled by volunteers. if they have to compile 2 pages, they are already overworked and they will inform you about it ;) the staff would try to sell lies to parents 24/7. hostile atmosphere. if you contribute some good money then you can have some kind of feeling of private school for public money and all families are aware of it. definitely they do not work for the best of students. ask parents and they will tell you: "average". you might stay but you'd better RUN.

Posted August 03, 2013
I love Vista Verde School and hope everyone who went there loved it. It has more than 1,000 children that all appreciate the school. Vista Verde is a school that has a very high API score and has many gifted and talented students. Don't worry, if you go to Vista Verde, you will not be bullied at all! Be sure to listen to the instructions to all teachers, or else they can give you an F. If you decide you want to go there, make sure that you are okay with year round schools. In the whole city of Irvine, there are only two schools that are year round. All others are traditional schools that start in September. Vista Verde is a school K-8, so if you go there starting Kindergarten, you will stay there for nine years! Vista Verde is different from other schools by loving all students, advantaged or disadvantaged. I have been in Vista Verde from Kindergarten to eighth grade and have loved it throughout all nine school years! You would never even think about how much I cared for all the teachers, gave them handmade presents and happiness. In Vista Verde all the teachers make children learn very well. I don't know any school other than Vista Verde which I appreciate as much as this school.

Posted August 01, 2013
In a few words, we sold our home that we built and meant the world to us just so our children can be part of Vista Verde. This is day 4 of school and we can see the pride & love that the Principle & Staff ( Team ) has for our school and children. We have all become a family and we are all motivated to better the lives of our children by providing them with all and more that is expected of a public school. We are privileged to becomes Vikings of Vista Verde School in Irvine, Ca. The Sender Family

Vista Verde 3

Posted June 06, 2013
There are some amazing teachers in this school like a husband and wife couple who are great role models as well as fantastic teachers. I can't say anything bad about this school other than one thing.There is a fifth grade bully teacher in this school. She definitely has some kind of problem and is not fit to be a teacher. Certain kids always get punished in her class no matter who did the wrong doing. Her favorite students never get bothered even if they do something wrong. She acts more like an angry teenager than an adult teacher. I don't know why the principal doesn't do anything about her in spite of all the complains from the unfortunate parents. I wish the principal could see or hear the way she treats the kids through some kind of hidden camera.

Vista Verde 2

Posted June 02, 2013
The recess teachers and volunteers are the worse. I often visit my child during breaks, and I see how horrible they treat the students, and the parents as well. They shouldn't be working with kids if they don't know how to talk or treat children. They demand and bark, rather than speaking normal. JUST BECAUSE CHILDREN ARE YOUNG DOESn't MEAN THAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND. Hopefully, a miracle happens and these teachers/volunteers get trained how to treat children or get prohibited working here. (Btw, third recess is a waste of time; it should be taken away, and let out 20 minutes earlier. Long day for kids:). Praying the right person reads this, and actions occurs. Thanks.

Posted February 16, 2013
We were not impressed with the quality of staff or teachers, although there were a few exceptions. For a public school, the facilities were new and well-maintained, and it was close to home - those are the most positive things I can say about the school. Although some previous reviewers felt the school catered to high-achieving or "gifted" students, we did not fell this was the case. Our daughter had a comprehensive private evaluation and was diagnosed as "profoundly or exceptionally gifted." Her needs were completely unrecognized and unmet in the huge classroom she attended where the teacher didn't seem to know anything about our child. To make things worse, our child was bullied and teased for having principles and values. We moved her to a private school and all of us are happier than ever. Her abilities were not recognized in a system that processed children like robots on an assembly line, though the assembly line was spotless and shiny. We know at least four highly intelligent successful families that have left this school in the last few months. We only wish we'd started with private school, but at least we got out early enough to save our daughter's childhood.

Posted January 01, 2013
I had a very similar experience with the (ex)principal. When I talked to her about how to improve math education, she said "my son never did anything like that, and he went on to Berkley!" What an educator. Vista Verde has the highest parent participation, parents are grading the homework & tests. And teachers are seen tutoring in the local library after school!

Vista Verde
6 Federation Way, Irvine, CA  92603
Last modified Vista Verde is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Verde Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews.