Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Woodbridge High School 3

Posted May 11, 2016
I am an alum of this school and while I went on to be rather successful, there was little Woodbridge had to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the campus, I met a lot of great people, I had A LOT OF FUN (mostly off campus) and had a lot of great teachers, but the support wasn't there. I didn't even know we had counselors until 11 years after I graduated. In checking in with the people I kept in touch with over the years, they had no idea we had counselors either. My counselor never bothered to meet with me, speak to me or introduce himself. I had a pretty difficult time during that time of my life and my counselor never bothered to reach out. I understand they have a lot of students, but that's no excuse. My GPA went from a 3.8 freshmen year to a 2.0 sophomore year and no one said anything. I tried my best to be involved and found a nice niche for myself, which I enjoyed, but none of the teachers overseeing activities or activities leaders bothered to really engage me. No one ever spoke to me about AP courses, college or SAT's. My mom called in to talk to someone about it and they never called her back. I asked a friend of mine who walked me into what I assume was the counseling center and she pointed at a wall full of college catalogs. I honestly had to figure it out on my own. Through my own sheer determination I managed to graduate from an well known college and go on to grad school where I received honors recognition for my work. I do want to be clear, though, that while the support wasn't there, I did find some great teachers. I found a home with the photography teacher who really gave me breathing room and mentorship to succeed. The ceramics teacher was a trip. Great person, she created a really great fostering environment where I learned a lot from her and the students more skilled than me. I thought my History & English teachers were pretty decent until they pretended not to know me and gave me a pretty cold shoulder when I came back a year later to visit. I thought that was pretty rude and still do. I was never a favorite, but I did nothing horrible to either one of them, so their reception was odd to me. Maybe it's because I didn't perform well enough and they wrote me off? For a High School in a rather affluent neighborhood, I would expect more. I hope they have put together a better program since I was there.

Posted February 19, 2015
This is an excellent school! Both of my kids attend Woodbridge - one is a Freshman and one is a Junior. I feel confident that both, having taken and still taking AP and Honors classes, are well prepared for a college education. Having gone to a public school myself in WA state, I can say without a doubt that this high school is miles above what an average high school (public of course) can offer for the average American teen. The arts and music department is on par - my kid has had the chance to develop his social and acting skills while performing in numerous plays and concerts throughout his three years here. My other child is heavily involved in academics - I love the support she gets from her teachers who challenge her and provide her with constructive criticism. I'm so proud that the Honors Biology is available for Freshman - it's brutal but well worth the work as my child is now ready for most pre-med bio classes in college. I can rave on and on about the academics, the well-kept grounds, the professionalism of the staff, and the overall atmosphere. As a fellow UCLA Bruin who is used to superb grounds and professors, I was very satisfied with this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
I was using a real estate related web site when I came across a negative review of this school with racist tones. I'm compelled to respond as I'm simply amazed that anyone would post such a thing in this day and age. Both of my children are products of IUSD. One went on to be accepted by one of the best schools in the states, while the other is on track to do the same. The teachers we interacted with were stellar and actually shepherded our children while they developed. Imagine that for a minute... Teachers that actually care and take the time to nurture their students The bottom line is this: The schools in Irvine are awesome with the test scores to back up the claim. One of the major contributors to this is their interaction and support of the parents. You get out of your local school what you put into it. I suspect the complainer was not the easiest person to get along with and was therefore avoided. Finally: I am a Caucasian man who has been married to an Asian woman for 24 years. When I am forced to fill out a form that asks for race. I check "other" and write in human. It's too bad some people forget that little fact...

Posted January 19, 2013
My daughter is a freshman here, and I'm glad she is at WHS, she's getting great help from teachers, and their tutorial program along with offering after-school tutors in the library. They keep the kids focused on their grades, and really it's up to the children to ask for help. The school is extremely helpful with students and makes a fun environment for learning. I'm glad we are able to live in Irvine and have my daughter at one of the best High Schools here :)

Posted March 04, 2012
I find it amazing that my earlier review was not permitted. I responded to the review below that exhibited clear racism regarding "orientals" and this site chose to leave the remarks regarding race and to excise my review. Once again, I will note that this school has been an excellent source of support for both my children and my foster child. The counselors care and the teachers are excellent. There is a reason that Woodbridge and the other IUSD high schools rank the highest in the county: They offer an excellent education. Ignore the obviously uneducated remarks about this school. Woodbridge H.S. is among the best.

Posted March 04, 2012
Woodbridge is an excellent high school for sure. Any type of student can fit in. The warriors are great in sports, academic, and even performing arts. Most of the sports teams go to CIF playoffs every year. It offers various AP classes with great teachers, the academic teams are also very strong. Moreover, the musicals every year are incredible. Administrators, teachers, and counselors and friendly and willing to provide all the help needed. You can always just walk in if you need to talk to any of them, and they are always happy to see you. The student body is very diverse, and the students are very school spirited and involved. Facilities are great too, new tennis courts, music buildings, now with our own pool. Woodbridge is awesome, couldn't ask for more.

Woodbridge High School 4

Posted September 25, 2011
Woodbridge is an excellent High School. I think the reviews where people are complaining about the school are nonsense. Woodbridge has extremely caring and supportive teachers. The community as a whole supports this and every school in Irvine. There is a huge parent involvement and the students are treated amazingly by the staff. I believe that if a student is having a bad experience at this school, it is probably the student's attitude. I have never met more caring, constructive, encouraging teachers at any school. The extracurricular programs, athletics, music, etc. are excellent.

Woodbridge High School 1

Posted July 12, 2011
My daughter was a freshman here. I did not care for this school. There were very few teachers willing to work with the students when they needed help. The teachers for me failed my student. When she needed help, they were rude & dismissive. They did not respond to any emails. She was also apart of the swim team; I also did not like her coaches, they too were cold and uncaring. Do not sign up for photography & screen print; that teacher was the worst!

Woodbridge High School 1

Posted January 08, 2011
My daughter goes to this high school currently. This school is atrocious for responding to e-mails. I have tried to be pro-active as a parent , but it seems that the school prefers the parents do not get involved. I graduated from engineering from Un of Florida and MSEE from USC with honors and I grew up in the inner city of the South Side of Chicage with gangs and heroine addicts and I remember my teachers been so encouraging and active with my parents as I was growing up. I moved to this plush neighborhood to get a better education for my kids and I regreted it unless you are chineese or oriental do not go to this school.

Posted January 12, 2010
Woodbridge is the best high school. The teachers prepare the students for the UC schools and they work the students very hard!! Sports are excellent! Wonderful teachers too.

Woodbridge High School
2 Meadowbrook, Irvine, CA  92604-4726
Last modified Woodbridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.