Posted September 26, 2013
I was using a real estate related web site when I came across a negative review of this school with racist tones. I'm compelled to respond as I'm simply amazed that anyone would post such a thing in this day and age. Both of my children are products of IUSD. One went on to be accepted by one of the best schools in the states, while the other is on track to do the same. The teachers we interacted with were stellar and actually shepherded our children while they developed. Imagine that for a minute... Teachers that actually care and take the time to nurture their students The bottom line is this: The schools in Irvine are awesome with the test scores to back up the claim. One of the major contributors to this is their interaction and support of the parents. You get out of your local school what you put into it. I suspect the complainer was not the easiest person to get along with and was therefore avoided. Finally: I am a Caucasian man who has been married to an Asian woman for 24 years. When I am forced to fill out a form that asks for race. I check "other" and write in human. It's too bad some people forget that little fact...

Posted January 19, 2013
My daughter is a freshman here, and I'm glad she is at WHS, she's getting great help from teachers, and their tutorial program along with offering after-school tutors in the library. They keep the kids focused on their grades, and really it's up to the children to ask for help. The school is extremely helpful with students and makes a fun environment for learning. I'm glad we are able to live in Irvine and have my daughter at one of the best High Schools here :)

Posted March 04, 2012
I find it amazing that my earlier review was not permitted. I responded to the review below that exhibited clear racism regarding "orientals" and this site chose to leave the remarks regarding race and to excise my review. Once again, I will note that this school has been an excellent source of support for both my children and my foster child. The counselors care and the teachers are excellent. There is a reason that Woodbridge and the other IUSD high schools rank the highest in the county: They offer an excellent education. Ignore the obviously uneducated remarks about this school. Woodbridge H.S. is among the best.

Posted March 04, 2012
Woodbridge is an excellent high school for sure. Any type of student can fit in. The warriors are great in sports, academic, and even performing arts. Most of the sports teams go to CIF playoffs every year. It offers various AP classes with great teachers, the academic teams are also very strong. Moreover, the musicals every year are incredible. Administrators, teachers, and counselors and friendly and willing to provide all the help needed. You can always just walk in if you need to talk to any of them, and they are always happy to see you. The student body is very diverse, and the students are very school spirited and involved. Facilities are great too, new tennis courts, music buildings, now with our own pool. Woodbridge is awesome, couldn't ask for more.

Woodbridge High School 4

Posted September 25, 2011
Woodbridge is an excellent High School. I think the reviews where people are complaining about the school are nonsense. Woodbridge has extremely caring and supportive teachers. The community as a whole supports this and every school in Irvine. There is a huge parent involvement and the students are treated amazingly by the staff. I believe that if a student is having a bad experience at this school, it is probably the student's attitude. I have never met more caring, constructive, encouraging teachers at any school. The extracurricular programs, athletics, music, etc. are excellent.

Woodbridge High School 1

Posted July 12, 2011
My daughter was a freshman here. I did not care for this school. There were very few teachers willing to work with the students when they needed help. The teachers for me failed my student. When she needed help, they were rude & dismissive. They did not respond to any emails. She was also apart of the swim team; I also did not like her coaches, they too were cold and uncaring. Do not sign up for photography & screen print; that teacher was the worst!

Woodbridge High School 1

Posted January 08, 2011
My daughter goes to this high school currently. This school is atrocious for responding to e-mails. I have tried to be pro-active as a parent , but it seems that the school prefers the parents do not get involved. I graduated from engineering from Un of Florida and MSEE from USC with honors and I grew up in the inner city of the South Side of Chicage with gangs and heroine addicts and I remember my teachers been so encouraging and active with my parents as I was growing up. I moved to this plush neighborhood to get a better education for my kids and I regreted it unless you are chineese or oriental do not go to this school.

Posted January 12, 2010
Woodbridge is the best high school. The teachers prepare the students for the UC schools and they work the students very hard!! Sports are excellent! Wonderful teachers too.

Posted December 05, 2009

Woodbridge High School 0

Posted October 12, 2009
Woodbridge is a family school. We love each other and support each other and our endeavors in sports or the arts

Woodbridge High School
2 Meadowbrook, Irvine, CA  92604
Last modified Woodbridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodbridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews.